Brainwavz B200 - Dual Armature IEM
Feb 14, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #31 of 128
Hello guys,

I have been using B2 for the past 3 years, in this time I have managed to somehow break two pairs, left earpiece has stopped working.

B2 were the only portable headphones that I was able to listen to except for Senn HD25 II.

Now I am in hunt for a replacement of second broken pair of B2.

I have found a few interesting options yet it seems to be all down to 2 candidates B150 or B200. Problem with B200 is that they are not available yet and are a bit more expensive. All I am trying to achieve is a sound at least matching the performance of B2. 

Any ideas what would be suiting replacement for B2? thank you, have a nice day :)

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #32 of 128
  Hello guys,

I have been using B2 for the past 3 years, in this time I have managed to somehow break two pairs, left earpiece has stopped working.

B2 were the only portable headphones that I was able to listen to except for Senn HD25 II.

I have found a few interesting options yet it seems to be all down to 2 candidates B150 or B200. Problem with B200 is that they are not available yet and are a bit more expensive. All I am trying to achieve is a sound at least matching the performance of B2. 

Any ideas what would be suiting replacement for B2? thank you, have a nice day :)

I can only comment for B200. If you're a treble head, B200 is not for you. If you consider yourself a treble sensitive person, and like full sounding midrange, then you can put the B200 on the wish list.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #33 of 128
  Hello guys,

They are supposed to be making a new version of the B2 which is why the B200 goes a different sound route.

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #34 of 128

Hello guys,

Can't comment on the B200 but the B150 is definitely not what you're looking for.

They are supposed to be making a new version of the B2 which is why the B200 goes a different sound route.

That's interesting. I hope they will pull it off as honestly the B2 is an awesome iem and I always thought they shouldn't have discontinued it. 

Feb 17, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #36 of 128
I guess the issue here is that he wants something to replace the B2 but not at a higher price point, otherwise if price wasn't a factor I would easily recommend the Noble 4 or Savanna as a straight on upgrade. 

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #38 of 128
I just posted my review of B200:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-b200/reviews/18045

Enjoy! 
smile.gif

O yea, I saw a pre-order price for B200 on Brainwavz website:
http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/earphones/products/b200-dual-balanced-armature-earphones

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #39 of 128
Mar 3, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #40 of 128
At £146 (current price through Brainwavz direct) this could be a contender to replace my next to dead B2's, especially as they are *right* at the top end of my £150 budget.

I loved the B2's and my Fiio X1 1st gen but only when I tamed the sibilant end of the spectrum and the ear piercing end with Comply's and a little EQ.

Got my eyes on these, some TF10's and Dunu DN-1000's for now around the £125-150 mark. In no huge rush with my RE-00's and RE-400's as my backups.

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #41 of 128
At £146 (current price through Brainwavz direct) this could be a contender to replace my next to dead B2's, especially as they are *right* at the top end of my £150 budget.

I loved the B2's and my Fiio X1 1st gen but only when I tamed the sibilant end of the spectrum and the ear piercing end with Comply's and a little EQ.

Got my eyes on these, some TF10's and Dunu DN-1000's for now around the £125-150 mark. In no huge rush with my RE-00's and RE-400's as my backups.

These will have fuller low end and smoother upper end vs B2 for sure. Personally, I'd take these over both TF10 and D1000 because I prefer the smoother sound B200 gives you. If you're into TF10 and D1000 type sound, then B200 might not be energetic enough for you with respect to either bass slam (BA bass vs DD bass) or treble (I find TF10 and D1000 a bit on the hot side). You might want to wait for the upcoming triple hybrid from Brainwavz. Given how much I enjoyed B200, I've got the feeling their triple hybrid is going to be good :thumbsup:

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #42 of 128
These will have fuller low end and smoother upper end vs B2 for sure. Personally, I'd take these over both TF10 and D1000 because I prefer the smoother sound B200 gives you. If you're into TF10 and D1000 type sound, then B200 might not be energetic enough for you with respect to either bass slam (BA bass vs DD bass) or treble (I find TF10 and D1000 a bit on the hot side). You might want to wait for the upcoming triple hybrid from Brainwavz. Given how much I enjoyed B200, I've got the feeling their triple hybrid is going to be good :thumbsup:

Thanks for the information. Sounds like the B200 might be a winner or lack the fun energy that I quite like. It's always going to be very tough to pick based upon posts and opinion without the ability to test both personally.

The Audio Technica ATH-IM02's were also recommended to be and fit in at £175'ish. No idea how they'd fit into the little bunch of IEM's I've been staring at for so long my eyes are going squiffy.

Is the cable on these better than the B2 cable? Considering the cable was the reason I lost all of my B2's I'm pretty cautious which is why a TF10 seems to be a worthwhile choice despite its age (8 years old!) and potential other issues.

Hybrids could be great but they worry me. I'll keep my eyes peeled for Brainwavz venture (or something else nicely priced)

PS: I almost considered a pair of GR07's too... Yeah, maybe a cheaper option.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #43 of 128
Thanks for the information. Sounds like the B200 might be a winner or lack the fun energy that I quite like. It's always going to be very tough to pick based upon posts and opinion without the ability to test both personally.

The Audio Technica ATH-IM02's were also recommended to be and fit in at £175'ish. No idea how they'd fit into the little bunch of IEM's I've been staring at for so long my eyes are going squiffy.

Is the cable on these better than the B2 cable? Considering the cable was the reason I lost all of my B2's I'm pretty cautious which is why a TF10 seems to be a worthwhile choice despite its age (8 years old!) and potential other issues.

Hybrids could be great but they worry me. I'll keep my eyes peeled for Brainwavz venture (or something else nicely priced)

PS: I almost considered a pair of GR07's too... Yeah, maybe a cheaper option.

With the B2, those are more tuned to be analytical, with the details in the high being where they shine, the B200 is a more all round performer, they are both very good for what they do (but i may not have the most objective view to my own products :wink: ).

In regards to the cable, the B200 are quite sturdy and the memory formed cable ear hooks they are just that much more durable. In any event of a problem, they are covered with a 24 month warranty too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back