Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,247 of 1,955
Apr 24, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #1,249 of 1,955
I picked a pair up on Saturday.

These are interesting. At first I wasn't sure about the bass, but it did grow on me, and went a long way to covering up the fact that these only have average isolation at best.

I was also impressed with the quality of sound over bluetooth - these are my first wireless headphones and I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality, and so far haven't experienced any dropouts.

I do however feel there is something not quite right, but I can't quite put my finger on it. However I mostly feel that way with new headphones, so it's probably nothing negative.

I'm looking forward to exploring them this week on my seemingly endless commute, which is why I wanted a wireless headphone solution in the first place.

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #1,250 of 1,955
I'm looking forward to exploring them this week on my seemingly endless commute, which is why I wanted a wireless headphone solution in the first place.

I don't think you'll regret the P7 as a choice. I also used them for my commute and in general going about town (public transit or walking) and also was very pleasantly surprised that Bluetooth can sound as good as it does. When I made the move from wired to Bluetooth I went from an Oppo PM3 driven balanced from the Onkyo DP-X1 (had a custom cable made for the PM3) so I expected this huge drop in quality and you know what, when I tried the B&) H7 and my phone I couldn't believe how good it was, and no more damn cable to get caught on things or worry about cable stress at the connectors. I've never looked back for portables and have no regret. I will never go back to wired for true portable use, really no need at all.

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #1,251 of 1,955
Hi, I'm from The Netherlands and I'm planning to order a P7 Wireless. I returned my Bose QC35 due the ANC problems. I made a choice and I don't want ANC anymore. Sound Quality and comfort are the most important things to me. 

Are there any known problems with the P7 Wireless and am I good to go? 

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,252 of 1,955
Hi, I'm from The Netherlands and I'm planning to order a P7 Wireless. I returned my Bose QC35 due the ANC problems. I made a choice and I don't want ANC anymore. Sound Quality and comfort are the most important things to me. 

Are there any known problems with the P7 Wireless and am I good to go? 
great sound and comfortable.

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #1,254 of 1,955
Demo it or get something else. Cant fight a belief.

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,255 of 1,955
What other headphones could you maybe compare them to? I went with he V-Moda CF1 at the time instead of the P7s.

I tried a lot of wireless headphones a while back and ended up buying the Sony 1000Xs. This is after going to quite a few Sony, ATH, Sennheiser and Bose headphones (with both NC and without). I ended up buying the 1000x because i liked their signature the most, plus the high res wireless connectivity option and NC for when I need it.

However the only other headphones I liked were the P7s. Basically, the P7 are a bit more V-shaped (read: lively) than the 1000x, that are flatter, but the 1000x offer better separation and are a bit better balanced in my opinion.

It depends what you're after, but after toying around for hours in a headphone store with many wireless headphones (you can find the details in some of my posts), the P7 and 1000X are, to my ears, the best wireless sounding headphones around at the moment.

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #1,257 of 1,955
Cross fingers.

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #1,259 of 1,955
I only used it wired to an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back