Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Sep 6, 2016 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,019

redogfizbal

100+ Head-Fier

The P9 Signature deliver pristine sound that takes you to the very heart of your favorite music. Crystal clear treble, insightful midrange and a deep solid bottom end combine breathtaking performance.
The P9 Signature headphones are exquisitely crafted from luxuriously high quality materials. Italian Saffiano leather and a forged foldable aluminum arms for greater durability and headband strength.
New proprietary piston diaphragm speaker drivers deliver a unique coloration-free audio experience. The angled drivers also bring a superior spatial sound stage for a unique and immersive experience.
Uniquely vented multi-layer memory foam cushions combine with the high-quality leather used on the ear-pads and headband to deliver an incredibly comfortable experience.
Bowers & Wilkins P9 Signature headphone comes with a 2-year limited warranty only when purchased from an authorized dealer including Amazon.com (indicated by ships from and sold by Amazon.com).

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 2,019
Holy crap!  These things are real!  They will be available for purchase on Amazon on 9-14-16 for $899.

https://www.amazon.com/Bowers-Wilkins-P9-Headphones-Brown/dp/B01KLO2HQ4/

I'm not too crazy about their brown color but hopefully a black version will be made available in the near future.

But if these sound significantly better than the already excellent-for-$350 P7, then that will be something quite special indeed! 
beerchug.gif

P.S.  redogfizbal, I would change the title of this thread to include the 'P9' model number so people will know exactly which model this thread is about.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #6 of 2,019
If they managed to replicate the sound of the nautilus tube loaded tweeter, i'm in.

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #8 of 2,019
I would have to be really blown away for more then double the price of the P7 wireless.

Very strange business plan.
Why not enhance/upgrade the new P7, kind of what the did with the P5 v2.

I guess I need to wait for the reviews.

When I heard rumors of a P9, this (and the price) was the last thing I was expecting.

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #9 of 2,019
At least they decided to use memory foam. That's one technological advance over the P7

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #10 of 2,019
  I would have to be really blown away for more then double the price of the P7 wireless.

Very strange business plan.
Why not enhance/upgrade the new P7, kind of what the did with the P5 v2.

I guess I need to wait for the reviews.

When I heard rumors of a P9, this (and the price) was the last thing I was expecting.

So they should make a TOTL phone and make it wireless?
Lower models are fine for wireless but when using wireless you lose any notion of SQ.
That's why none of the high-end cans are wireless.
Everyone knew the P9 was in no way going to be wireless.
Not sure if it will be good enough to be a true high-end can but the P7 wasn't bad for the asking price of 400€, it could rivel cans costing twice as much.
I wonder if the same would be true for the P9 however.

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #11 of 2,019
I don't really like the colours, but maybe that is just me. The older B&W P5 is still their best looking headphone so far I think.

I will try these headphones when I get the chance.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #13 of 2,019
So weird these aren't on their website yet.
confused.gif

They just announced the P3 Series 2 and it's on the website, and the new P3 has the same 9-14 release date as the P9.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 2,019
I suppose it doesn't look as bad as in the first picture. It might look nice actually.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #15 of 2,019
  So weird these aren't on their website yet.
confused.gif

They just announced the P3 Series 2 and it's on the website, and the new P3 has the same 9-14 release date as the P9.

No big surprise though, the dealers knew these were coming this year since January.
I'll have a pair to try out at home for a weekend in a week or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back