Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jul 5, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #991 of 1,152
Ah, so it's more of a comfort issue. BA IEMs isolate more and sound better, but at the end of the day you find it annoying to have something stuck in your ears all day versus pillowy ANC headphones.

depends which BA and which headphones...
Westone BA's are super duper comfortable compared to Final Audio, and likewise some people can't stand the heat of headphones for a prolonged listen...the most confortable IMO are open headphones like the senheiser lineup

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #992 of 1,152
Ah, so it's more of a comfort issue. BA IEMs isolate more and sound better, but at the end of the day you find it annoying to have something stuck in your ears all day versus pillowy ANC headphones.
Many BA IEMs have a low impedance so you must make sure that your amp has an output impedance of 1/8th the IEM's impedance.passive isolation is not nearly as effective as ANC. Many BA IEMs have questionable bass quality and crossover issues, which is why there are hybrids have come about. I have two pairs of BA IEMs, one is a Sony hybrid and its passive isolation is not good due to it having a bass port (hole). Once has to chose BA IEMs carefully. The QC35's have a nice dose of passive isolation and superb ANC.

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #993 of 1,152

BA IEMs isolate more, but isolation is only half of the equation. The ANC really is a significant, if not the major contributor in total noise cancellation.

Also, it's probably not good for ear health to stick something in them for 8 hours a day.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #994 of 1,152
BA IEMs isolate more, but isolation is only half of the equation. The ANC really is a significant, if not the major contributor in total noise cancellation.

Also, it's probably not good for ear health to stick something in them for 8 hours a day.

I guess it also depends on what type of noise you're trying to get rid of. ANC is very good at the droning noise of airplanes or trains, but not so much the chatter of cubicle neighbors at an office.

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #995 of 1,152
I guess it also depends on what type of noise you're trying to get rid of. ANC is very good at the droning noise of airplanes or trains, but not so much the chatter of cubicle neighbors at an office.
Don't forget computer fans and A/C units.

I also use QC20 with foam tips. That works well.

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #996 of 1,152
Just got a pair of QC35s and they came with 1.0.6. Just upgraded to 1.3.2 and LOVE the ability to disable the ANC. Very cool. also OTA update was like 27 minutes so I canceled it and it took under 5 doing it via USB. Still feeling the "cabin pressure" feeling from the ANC however. Gonna try and listen to them a lot more over the next few days and see if I can get used to it. Its very nice that you can turn off the ANC with the latest firmware. It is however very annoying that every time I turn the headphones back on it resets to ANC on high. Its kind of dumb that the headphones dont retain the ANC setting.

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #997 of 1,152
Just got a pair of QC35s and they came with 1.0.6. Just upgraded to 1.3.2 and LOVE the ability to disable the ANC. Very cool. also OTA update was like 27 minutes so I canceled it and it took under 5 doing it via USB. Still feeling the "cabin pressure" feeling from the ANC however. Gonna try and listen to them a lot more over the next few days and see if I can get used to it. Its very nice that you can turn off the ANC with the latest firmware. It is however very annoying that every time I turn the headphones back on it resets to ANC on high. Its kind of dumb that the headphones dont retain the ANC setting.

I've had them since Chritmas and I still cant get used to it unless I am moving around. So I only use them for work to cut out the noise and make calls.

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #999 of 1,152
Yesterday looking for qc35 reviews i found some news about leaked photo of a qc35 with additional button: i tried to find some info here but the search gave me no results.
Anyone read something about it?

Aug 24, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #1,000 of 1,152
There were a flurry of posts and articles about it after it happened, but I have not seen anything other than that. Nobody seems to know much more than that. On the Bose forums, the mods said they aren't aware of anything specific, but that they were always working on new products.

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #1,001 of 1,152
I really found the QC35 comfortable, but found them sounding rather thin. I now have a pair of Sony MDR1000x and find them more balanced but a bit heavier.

Aug 24, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #1,002 of 1,152
I'm in the market for a set of ANC headphones and I have a question about the QC35 in wired mode. Do you get all the same audio enhancement features (ANC, EQ) in wired mode as you would in wireless mode? In the third comment of this Reddit thread mentions that the EQ is disabled when in wired mode. Is this true?https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/67ybun/qc35_wired_mode_sound_quality/)

Am I better off getting the QC25's if most of my listening will be wired?

Aug 27, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,004 of 1,152
Hello guys.

I have these wonderful headphones (the in-ear QC20 too) and I'm very impressed. The sound it's awesome. It's amazing listen your music and don't listen the world. The Bluetooh it's great. The quality of construction it's unbelievable, so they can last for many years.

I have a phobia to the sudden loud noises like fireworks or thunders. These headphones can help to reduce that annoying noises? Not to 100% because ANC headphones are not effective with high frequencies, but with music (or white noise) it can reduce better that noises? Maybe in the outside the QC35 don't works well to cancel that noises, but inside my house (with all doors and windows closed) it can be more effective?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #1,005 of 1,152
I used them at home, during a thunderstorm. They take out the rumble for sure, but not a near thunder.
Maybe you could buy military grade Bose's headphone, but you'd better contact their support, before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back