Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
May 25, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #946 of 1,152
Guys picking up my hifi gear in a few weeks (used marantz amp etc). Being a little long in the tooth not sure how i would connect the QC35's to the amp? (ps listened to them and they were fantastic imo.)
If you need a 3.5 Single Ended TRS Cable, you can use a QC25 cable.

May 25, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #948 of 1,152
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered... Does anyone know where I can buy a half-decent cable to replace the awful stock item..preferably with a 6.3mm plug and in Europe if possible ?

May 25, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #949 of 1,152
Guys picking up my hifi gear in a few weeks (used marantz amp etc). Being a little long in the tooth not sure how i would connect the QC35's to the amp? (ps listened to them and they were fantastic imo.)
You wouldn't need to go through an amp to use Bluetooth, just use your PC's built-in Bluetooth. You can also purchase a USB Bluetooth dongle. Either way, going through an amp would be rather pointless as the audio is being transmitted digitally over a wireless signal. There's really nothing to amplify as the audio is being directly decoded by the headphones themselves. The only benefit a USB Bluetooth dongle would give you is, if your PC doesn't already support it, the ability to transmit Bluetooth audio using the AAC codec instead of the default SBC codec.

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered... Does anyone know where I can buy a half-decent cable to replace the awful stock item..preferably with a 6.3mm plug and in Europe if possible ?

Have you checked Amazon? You can always buy a 3.5mm to 2.5mm male-to-male cable and a 6.3mm to 3.5mm male to female cable.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #950 of 1,152
May 25, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #952 of 1,152
May 25, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #953 of 1,152
Then you're SOL.

Not really as i know now i need a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter which simply plugs into the headphone or rca jacks in the amp. I would have thought one of you guys knew that also the Bose also comes with a wired cable to plug directly into the amp ......so not really SOL at all was i?

You come over as very abrupt to a new member here by the way.:thumbsdown:

Ah your purely a streamer, that explains a lot. I wanted to listen to Physical media so much better.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #954 of 1,152
If you need a 3.5 Single Ended TRS Cable, you can use a QC25 cable.
Not really as i know now i need a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter which simply plugs into the headphone or rca jacks in the amp. I would have thought one of you guys knew that also the Bose also comes with a wired cable to plug directly into the amp ......so not really SOL at all was i?

You come over as very abrupt to a new member here by the way.:thumbsdown:

Ah your purely a streamer, that explains a lot. I wanted to listen to Physical media so much better.

That's what my first post was. The cable you would need to plug in directly to a Single Ended headphone out.

I have no idea what a "streamer" is. I listen to everything stored on a physical device and output through my portable DAC / Amp.

Also, by plugging in a bluetooth transmitter to an amp, what you're doing is taking the initial digital signal path (if digital source) and using a (presumably) good DAC to convert it to an analog signal
OR
using an analog source

THEN

feeding it into an good analog Amp (the Marantz)

THEN

changing the analog source back to digital with a (presumably) lower quality ADC found in the BT transmitter

THEN

sending the digital signal via BT to the Bose QC35

THEN

using the Bose QC35 onboard DAC to convert the BT digital signal back to analog

THEN

using the Bose QC35 onboard amp to boost the analog signal

THEN

the analog signal finally reaches your ears via the headphone speaker pads.

If you had a digital source, you can save yourself the double amping (which takes away the quality of the first amp, the Marantz in this case) and connect your QC35 directly to your digital source via BT.

Also, my advice, grow some thicker skin. Not everyone will be nice to you in life. This really isn't me being mean either. If I wanted to, I could just not explain anything to you.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #955 of 1,152
That's what my first post was. The cable you would need to plug in directly to a Single Ended headphone out.

I have no idea what a "streamer" is. I listen to everything stored on a physical device and output through my portable DAC / Amp.

Also, by plugging in a bluetooth transmitter to an amp, what you're doing is taking the initial digital signal path (if digital source) and using a (presumably) good DAC to convert it to an analog signal
OR
using an analog source

THEN

feeding it into an good analog Amp (the Marantz)

THEN

changing the analog source back to digital with a (presumably) lower quality ADC found in the BT transmitter

THEN

sending the digital signal via BT to the Bose QC35

THEN

using the Bose QC35 onboard DAC to convert the BT digital signal back to analog

THEN

using the Bose QC35 onboard amp to boost the analog signal

THEN

the analog signal finally reaches your ears via the headphone speaker pads.

If you had a digital source, you can save yourself the double amping (which takes away the quality of the first amp, the Marantz in this case) and connect your QC35 directly to your digital source via BT.

Also, my advice, grow some thicker skin. Not everyone will be nice to you in life. This really isn't me being mean either. If I wanted to, I could just not explain anything to you.

Why would i want to grow thicker skin i find being polite much easier. I came on here asked a simple question which you decided to piss all over. As i said the Bose can operate wired which is what i will do much of the time, or wirelessly through a transmitter without a problem i have been informed, so i can listen in other rooms and still have fantastic sound.

May 25, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #956 of 1,152
Why would i want to grow thicker skin i find being polite much easier. I came on here asked a simple question which you decided to piss all over. As i said the Bose can operate wired which is what i will do much of the time, or wirelessly through a transmitter without a problem i have been informed, so i can listen in other rooms and still have fantastic sound.
Hope you know the stock QC35 cable probably won't fit into the Marantz headphone out......

May 25, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #958 of 1,152
As I own a QC35, I can tell you you will need to buy something else to plug into the Marantz.

You will get a QC35, a 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone cable and an airplane adapter.

The Marantz comes with a 6.35mm headphone jack.

The cleanest solution would be to buy a 2.5mm to 6.35mm cable, but those are hard to find. You can also use a 3.5mm female to 6.35mm male adapter.

May 25, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #960 of 1,152
No, it comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable as well, but the cable includes a remote.

You would need the same wired solution for the QC25 as you would with a QC35.

I've owned both, and I use my QC25 cable with the QC35 due to the remote. The sound quality is about the same.

3.5mm to 6.35mm adapters are very cheap though. Perhaps the Marantz may even come with one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back