Bluetooth high end IEMs?
May 23, 2016 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jvgig

Head-Fier
I am looking for a high end bluetooth IEM, but am struggling to find a pair with high marks on audio quality.  In the higher end market, I have run across a lot of Jabra and Jaybird models, as well as some recent introductions by Denon, JBL, and Klipsch.  However, when they mention audio quality in reviews, they all seem to say they sound good..."for bluetooth earbuds"...certainly not the most reassuring.  Are there any quality bluetooth, sound quality focused earbuds on the market yet?  I am looking to replace some UE triple.fi 10s.  Budget would be under $300.  

Thanks

May 24, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 9
So is the lack of response indicator of a lack of products in this range?  Maybe it will take a few more years...

I have two reasons for moving to bluetooth.  One, that cords are a PITA when walking around and phones are just too big to have a rigid plug protruding out further.  Secondly, either this or next generation of phones will do away with 3.5mm jacks.  They are simply too thick and take up too much space, and do not offer enough connectivity.  

May 24, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 9
It highly depends on the device and version of bluetooth its runing 4.2 they are up to now AAC or aptX are good.
My sony ps vita has version 2.1 so it sucks and I only use it for bluetooth speakers

May 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #4 of 9
Take a look at the reviews on here for the Mee Audio X7 Plus, which are $99 and great.  Also, the new Jaybird Freedoms are very nice.  I've also read that Westone will be introducing a bluetooth module that will convert their IEMs with removable cables to bluetooth IEMs.  That should be high-end enough for just about anyone.

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 9
  I am looking for a high end bluetooth IEM, but am struggling to find a pair with high marks on audio quality.  In the higher end market, I have run across a lot of Jabra and Jaybird models, as well as some recent introductions by Denon, JBL, and Klipsch.  However, when they mention audio quality in reviews, they all seem to say they sound good..."for bluetooth earbuds"...certainly not the most reassuring.  Are there any quality bluetooth, sound quality focused earbuds on the market yet?  I am looking to replace some UE triple.fi 10s.  Budget would be under $300.  

Thanks

Been looking into this lately myself. One of the better looking options right now I think is to get the upcoming bluetooth lanyard from Trinity Audio and then pair it with either the Phantom Sabre or Phantom Master 4. Both come in around $300. 

Aug 15, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #7 of 9
If you still love your TF10, check this cable, can make your TF10 become wireless, except you want another IEM, sorry I don't know which one
http://lear.hk/products/lear-btc-01-bluetooth-cable
I don't remember other choice beside LEAR cable, but i've seen another one

Jun 23, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #8 of 9
If you still love your TF10, check this cable, can make your TF10 become wireless, except you want another IEM, sorry I don't know which one
http://lear.hk/products/lear-btc-01-bluetooth-cable
I don't remember other choice beside LEAR cable, but i've seen another one
$500 bones for a cable with a 3 hour battery life. I love the idea but hopefully this can be improved upon especially when you have some headphones with up to 10 drivers.

Shea

Edit: This could be an option.

https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/accessories/bluetooth-cable

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back