BLACK FRIDAY SALE @ Earphone Solutions!
Dec 3, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #16 of 24
I do live in a major city; fedex should not be charging extra for that. If it goes any higher than the previously quoted $49 (of which I said I would pay half), then cancel the order as I can't afford any more than half that.

I did not receive an automated reply to my first two mails, which is why I gave the benefit of the doubt that maybe the emails didn't go through.

How the heck is the package reaching 8 lbs? The phones are maybe 1 lb at most, so you've got 7 lbs of packaging?

Ok, so I dug around the site and finally found the page that you quoted the shipping prices on, but that was the page for international shipping to Europe, Asia and Oceania... http://www.earphonesolutions.com/insh.html
I was going by what was on this page: http://www.earphonesolutions.com/freeshipping.html

You know what, forget it. If shipping is up to $75 now, it's beyond what I can afford. At that point I might as well buy it from a local shop. Please cancel my order.

I'm unhappy with the situation, but I can't really blame you if this is what fedex charges.

Thank you for taking to time to respond to me personally Flavio. I appreciate that. I've sent this message to you via email as well.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How the heck is the package reaching 8 lbs? The phones are maybe 1 lb at most, so you've got 7 lbs of packaging?

Dimensional weight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We would not charge you anymore than what we agreed upon however the issue going forward with this, is that you will have brokerage fees by FedEx and tax / vat / duty, or whatever else the Canadian customs will charge you. And if you are already almost breaking even with how much you would have to pay in Canada, perhaps the best thing would be to cancel the order because we don't know and cannot control all the other fees upon arrival in your country.

Let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #20 of 24
I want to thank Flavio for his patience. After a few messages back and forth we were able to reach a solution that satisfied both of us.

I also want to take this moment to extend a very hefty middle finger to Fedex and Canada customs, whom together in fees and taxes would have charged me almost 120% of my order.
angry_face.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #21 of 24
[size=large]WINNER of our "Best Product Review" and winner of an RSA HR2 Headphone Amp:[/size]

[size=medium]Chris Dawson from Gosnells, Australia for his Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headphones Review.[/size]

[size=large]Congratulations to Chris![/size]

We also liked many of the other reviews, and although we cannot award prizes to everyone, we decided to award 2nd and 3rd places for the following:

[size=small]2nd Place - Drew from Agawam, MA[/size] for his Sennheiser PX100 review - WON a Beyerdynamic DT131

[size=small]3rd Place - Aaron from Franklinton, NC[/size] for his Beyerdynamic DT250 80 ohms - WON a Denon AHD301K

All reviews were read by 4 people and then voted. To summarize, reviews that best balanced good information with a more compelling presentation, which made the review easier to be read, were ranked higher.

Thank you all who participated!

[size=medium]NEXT CONTEST:[/size] [size=large]Winner will receive a Sennheiser HD800 Headphones worth $1,399[/size]

[size=large]Best Product Review will Win a Sennheiser HD800 Headphones worth $1,399
[/size]

Best, most informative product review will win 1 Sennheiser HD800. Due to manufacturer's restriction we can only ship this to a US address so if you live in Europe, Asia, etc, and win this contest, you will need to provide a shipping address in the US (perhaps a friend or family member).

Each person can post 1 review per product. So if we have 200 products and you have experience with all of them you could in theory post 200 reviews. That should increase your chances
smily_headphones1.gif

Next contest will exclude the reviews posted before December 12, 2009.

FREE Sennheiser HD800 - Winner will be announced on March 28th 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back