Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Sep 28, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 2,659
It looks like the Amiron Home is the non-studio (and balanced cable friendly) version of the DT 1990 PRO.

I wonder if they are tuned any differently?

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #7 of 2,659

They're using fabric to control the treble. As the DT 1770/1990 PROs.

I had the 1770's.  It was much better than the 990 premiums I had, but had to get rid of both.  Just too much treble for me.  Fatigue inside of 20 min is... it's just downright excessive.  

Darn shame too, I like Beyer's build quality and comfort.   If any of these new Beyer models well and truly tamed the shrill highs, I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Sep 29, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #10 of 2,659
  So it means T90 is discontinued? 

​Yep.

I wouldn't be surprised if Beyerdynamic soon announces a closed-back replacement for the T 70 as well.

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #11 of 2,659
Sooo....  beyer has just released the DT1990: a $600 open backed, full size headphone. Now, after a bunch of people have bought the DT1990, they release the Amiron, a $600 open backed headphone. Interesting marketing strategy.

They'll probably have a different tuning from the DT1990's though, to make it so that they don't have two products in direct competition with each other. What tuning they'll use on the Amiron, though, I have no idea. It would be ironic if they brought back the treble spike 
biggrin.gif

I am interested to see what the do about the T70. they can't replace it with a $600 pair of headphones because it's about $300. (I got mine new for $270) The T70 also has a... unique... tuning that I don't think many people like. I don't like mine without a 5db bass boost and a notch at 8khz. It makes me wonder about the tuning they'll go for on a replacement (if they do make a replacement)

Looking forward to impressions in a month 
popcorn.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #13 of 2,659
Woo excited. Not a fan of t90...hopefully things get better here. But the design is very meh.

I actually quite like the new design, I disliked the stock T90s' look (mine are Jubilee edition) so to me this is definitely a step up.

That said, I'm VERY intrigued to see how these turn out - the fact they have warm as a headline for these has me super pleased as aside the kill yourself treble on most their headphones I quite like their tuning. " All in all, this adds up to a warm, stress-free sound with fascinating spaciousness – as intoxicating as in a live concert." is very far from their previous iteration at least, hopefully they're not exaggerating!

Sep 29, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #14 of 2,659

I actually quite like the new design, I disliked the stock T90s' look (mine are Jubilee edition) so to me this is definitely a step up.

That said, I'm VERY intrigued to see how these turn out - the fact they have warm as a headline for these has me super pleased as aside the kill yourself treble on most their headphones I quite like their tuning. " All in all, this adds up to a warm, stress-free sound with fascinating spaciousness – as intoxicating as in a live concert." is very far from their previous iteration at least, hopefully they're not exaggerating!

I'm not a fan of having any kind of cloth on the outside of a headphone, so I'm glad to see that go away.

IMHO, the newer Beyer's (T1 2G, T5p 2G, DT 1770) are a little too mellow for my taste.  It looks like the Amiron Home will be probably be voiced similarly.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back