Best gaming mice
Jun 19, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #243 of 404
I was poised to buy a Logitech G Pro, as my Logitech G5 is giving up the ghost.

My G5 is intermittently disconnecting. I think I might risk buying a new cable for it and see if that fixes it.

Anyway, looking at the G Pro I see there is only one DPI switch. Whereas the G5 has two, which allows easy speed up or slow down mouse. Handy if you need to do something fine, and need a slow mouse. Or if you need mouse speed because the game you're playing has you in a slow moving turret.

Anyway the G pro seems to cycle through speeds and that seems like a pain. OK I guess I'd get used to it, but nothing easier than switching back a forward. You really would think, that £70 for a G Pro would have easy control. (EDIT: I read more and read that the G Pro uses one button to initiate DPI switching. Then two buttons to up and down DPI.)

I am stuck now and don't know which mouse to buy, though I will still probably get the G Pro. £70 though :triportsad:! .... I could wait for a new cable on ebay and see if that fixes it. However It means using old cheap mouse for a while. Not exactly a problem, but once you're used to you mouse, nothing else will do.

I am also looking at the Corsair Sabre RGB. (They say it's light though, and I can't decide if that's good or bad, or neither.)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #245 of 404
I bought a "FinalMouse" a year or so ago and really like the lightweight feel of it. As of late I have been having problems with double clicking when only clicked once. Unfortunately it seems they no longer have the means to distribute them in my country. A little bit too pricey as well, will be looking at a logitech mouse next time.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #247 of 404
I really enjoy my g502 spectrum.

Jul 1, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #248 of 404
I recently bought a second R.A.T 7 because the one I had been using was still operational - but looked a bit worse for wear after 6 years of (ab)use. I was interesting to note the new one has some minor cosmetic changes from the original design.
And it also appears the company that makes these gaming peripherals, Mad Catz, is having some financial woes* and it would be really sad to see a manufacturer of such interesting and customisable gaming hardware go under.

9934435_l.jpg

I consider the R.A.T 7 to be one of the best gaming mice ever made. They do look really uncomfortable - and that may be the case initially with the out-of-the-box set-up, but the extra parts you can switch over and adjust it to suit your hands.

* In 2016 Mad Catz sold off their sim gaming hardware business 'Saitek' to Logitech for a neat $16M. Knowing Logitech, they only bought them to shut them out of the market. Sadly Madcatz finally went under in March 2017. I'm thankful I got my X55 HOTAS long before that happened, it is still working and I use the HOTAS to play Elite Dangerous. The only HOTAS on the market that can be bought new is made by Thrustmaster - which is another old name in the industry, and perhaps the last remaining flight sim hardware manufacturer.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #249 of 404
I recommend the Razer Death Adder (newer model only). It's still to date the most ergonomic mouse that I've found to have a good fit on the hands. The Mamba is another good one if one desires a little more weight to the mouse. If you have larger hands then that's beyond my realm of recommendations.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #250 of 404
Best desktop mic for gaming I've ever has the Blue Yeti Pro. If we're talking about headphones then nowadays the headsets from Sennheisers are pretty accurate but like with the majority of headsets, they can sound fuzzy at times. This is why my preference is for full sized table mic's like from Blue Mic.
WE are talking mice not microphones.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #252 of 404
Good looking out. Just one of those nights... lol.
NO worries, we all have them. Good suggestion on microphone though.

Jul 2, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #253 of 404
I've had the following:
Logitech G400
Logitech G9x
Roccat Kone
Mionix Naos 5000
Steelseries Rival
Zowie EC2-A
Zowie FK-1

The FK-1 was the best of the bunch. Gonna stick with it until it goes out of production.

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #255 of 404
I used to have a Logitech G9X - I found that mouse to feel too flat for a palm grip...plus the original shell had a nasty habit of collecting gunk from your hands. The smooth mouse shell changed the shape in a way that made it unpleasant to use, plus the smooth shell had absolutely no grip to it at all. Logitech's implementation of the scroll wheel mode on the G9x [ free spin or click by click] was interesting but tedious to shift between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back