Best everyday earbud/IEM?
May 22, 2017 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Trimax15

New Head-Fier
I am currently in search for a new pair of earbuds/IEM's. They aren't going to serve any special purpose, other than hearing music on a Daily basis on the bus, in school, etc. Now, with that said i'm still looking for really Good sound. I am at the moment Rocking the SoundMagic E50, but wondering if there is anything better out there in the $120-$200 Price range. I have looked at things like the 1more Triple Driver, Jaybird X3 and Bowers and Wilkins C5 Series 2 just to name a few.

Oh, and as far as Music goes I listen to a bit of everything from rock to electronic, but mostly listen to pop, house/EDM, and rap.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 11
I like my Triple Drivers quite a bit for the price. I like my Echobox Finder X1's even more than the Triples. The Echobox now comes with a mic and controls now.

May 22, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 11
I just got my LZ A4s in today, and swapped out the nozzle filters to something more relaxed so I could listen to them while burning-in. They sound pretty great and already outclass every IEM I've ever bought by every measure. Finally I can have IEMs that scale nicely with my DAP!

May 22, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 11
I am currently in search for a new pair of earbuds/IEM's. They aren't going to serve any special purpose, other than hearing music on a Daily basis on the bus, in school, etc. Now, with that said i'm still looking for really Good sound. I am at the moment Rocking the SoundMagic E50, but wondering if there is anything better out there in the $120-$200 Price range. I have looked at things like the 1more Triple Driver, Jaybird X3 and Bowers and Wilkins C5 Series 2 just to name a few.

Oh, and as far as Music goes I listen to a bit of everything from rock to electronic, but mostly listen to pop, house/EDM, and rap.
Noise isolation should be a priority for those listening conditions.

May 24, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #6 of 11
I just got my LZ A4s in today, and swapped out the nozzle filters to something more relaxed so I could listen to them while burning-in. They sound pretty great and already outclass every IEM I've ever bought by every measure. Finally I can have IEMs that scale nicely with my DAP!
I must say they look really nice and all, but unfortunately I can't find any site that ships to Denmark. It's also a bit more than my budget.

May 24, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 11
I like my Triple Drivers quite a bit for the price. I like my Echobox Finder X1's even more than the Triples. The Echobox now comes with a mic and controls now.
The triple drivers have been on the top of my current list, but I must say that the Echobox Finder x1's look lovely and it seems like they are outstanding quality. Unfortunately, I can't Seem to find any shipping to Denmark.

May 24, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #10 of 11
I think I May be able to order from their website. What makes the echobox better than the triple driver?
Before I start I want you to know they are a bright earphone. I don't have a problem with them but if you are super sensitive to high frequencies then these aren't for you. I think the X-1's beat out the TD's in most aspects. The bass is punchier and with more control. Definitely better treble extension as well as imagining and detail. The soundstage is about the same as both are pretty decent. This is just with my bass nozzle as I lost one of my neutral nozzles and haven't got a replacement yet. It has been a bit since I heard the neutral nozzle so I can't say anything about the mids but still they are very close with the TD's probably just a nudge ahead. These are my opinions and YMMV.

May 25, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #11 of 11

If you can gamble on trying out the Fender FXA-2 then try it out. If it rests in your outer ear well enough it will be more comfortable since that kind of shell design spreads out the friction all around the outer ear than almost all of it on the ear tip and cable. It stays on more comfortably, but again assuming your outer ear isn't too small that it can't fit properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back