Best audiophile metal and rock albums
Feb 13, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #452 of 525
Speaking of Russian Mothers!
Jucifer+-+%D0%B7%D0%B0+%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B9+%D0%B4%D0%BB%D1%8F+%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81+%D0%B7%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BB%D0%B8+%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%82+(Holy+Grail+From+Hell).jpg

Jucifer - Russian album.
The sound of 20 stacked amps.
Extra points for the history lesson. History metal?

Apr 21, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #454 of 525
What do you guys think about the reissues of Metallica - Kill 'em all and Ride The Lightning?

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #457 of 525
Justice for all actually sounds great on my TH-600 :)

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #458 of 525
"Sounds great" is subjective. AJFA could use a remix where they do justice to Jason's bass guitar. I have little hope on that but I never give up. Maybe one day they will do it. And yes, they gonna do this box thing for their entire collection including Garage Days and Symphonica Metallica! Master of Puppets will come this fall the rest is "coming up" but no exact dates yet.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #459 of 525
I think that was kinda the point of listening with TH-600 
wink.gif
 There is that Justice For Jason thing floating around on YouTube; nothing official though. I doubt there ever will be either given that Rasmussen has claimed Ulrich was largely responsible for ordering him to take the bass down in the final mix.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #460 of 525
I honestly couldn't care less the story behind that. To me that's indifferent. I just want to hear AJFA WITH bass guitar in it. What is that Justice For Jason thing on youtube? I'm surprised that no Metallica fans have started a petition to remix AJFA yet. I would sign it, too.

Apr 24, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #461 of 525
  I honestly couldn't care less the story behind that. To me that's indifferent. I just want to hear AJFA WITH bass guitar in it. What is that Justice For Jason thing on youtube? I'm surprised that no Metallica fans have started a petition to remix AJFA yet. I would sign it, too.

You may not - I'm just saying that it makes it unlikely there will be an official 'bass fixed' remaster because it would mean Lars admitting he was wrong in the first place and I'm not sure he's very good at doing that 
biggrin.gif
 Here's Justice For Jason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kqTcLwUYj8. I think they did a pretty good job, though maybe it tends towards bass heavy now! Dunno whether it's possible to get a better quality version from anywhere other than YT.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #462 of 525

You may not - I'm just saying that it makes it unlikely there will be an official 'bass fixed' remaster because it would mean Lars admitting he was wrong in the first place and I'm not sure he's very good at doing that 
biggrin.gif
 Here's Justice For Jason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kqTcLwUYj8. I think they did a pretty good job, though maybe it tends towards bass heavy now! Dunno whether it's possible to get a better quality version from anywhere other than YT.

That's a valid point, I wholeheartedly concur. The potential remix of AJFA would just launch an avalanche. People would demand another mix of Death Magnetic, maybe St. Anger as well. Also, I doubt it as well that Lars would already reach a point of maturity where he can comfortably admit that had made a mistake back then. but one can hope, right? Interestingly enough, my Load original CD is highly compressed with DR6 or 7, can't remember exactly. The vinyl version [Universal 6-00753-28687-6, double LP], however, is a treat. It'd let me to delve deep into this great album. With vinyls, DR numbers are not as accurate but it shows DR11 when the vinyl got ripped into Flac. They say there's a 4 vinyl version of that album out there, which is even better sounding.

Unfortunately, with AJFA, this trick won't help.

Thanks for the link, as soon as I get time, I will give it a spin....I mean listen! :)

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #463 of 525
There's a band called Be'lakor that recently released their vinyl masters digitally through their bandcamp. They sound pretty great. Also there is a band called Horrendous that has an incredible sounding pair of albums. Ecdysis and the recent Anareta have amazing mastering and producction. Theres Morbus Chron too which sounds amazing.

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #464 of 525
Rob Zombie all the way. Listen to Dragula it's amazing. The album Astro Creep 2000 seems very nice to!

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #465 of 525
  Rob Zombie all the way. Listen to Dragula it's amazing. The album Astro Creep 2000 seems very nice to!

Holy **** it has been years since I have listened to Rob Zombie. Last time was probably in middle school, back then I recorded the album from Youtube onto my phone.

Hell of a treat re-listening to Hillbilly Deluxe with a Stax system right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back