Benjie Offical Thread
Jun 22, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #1,427 of 2,124
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #1,428 of 2,124
Just got my S5 and I think the headphone jack is broken. The left often disconnects when I move my Urbanite and Ed9's headphone jack around. It even disconnects when I move the cables. Have you guys also experienced this?

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #1,429 of 2,124
I just ordered the new Benjie S5B with Bluetooth. Cost $28 with free shipping fro China. I'm hoping that because I'm in NYC, I'll get it in less than a month. When I've ordered other things from China I got them pretty fast.

Anyway, I'm excited to get it and try it out. It will be my first bluetooth player, and I'm eager to see how they work and sound with my new pair of Bluetooth headphones: Ghostek SoDrop 2.

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #1,430 of 2,124
I got my Benjie S5 in the mail today. Unfortunately the M button appears to be faulty. I flashed the AGPTEK M20 firmware thinking it could be a firmware issue but nothing changed, the M button is completely unresponsive.

The good news: the M button is only needed to change the playback settings and accessing the Equalizer, I believe, so it's not game breaking. Although the player was initially in shuffle mode I managed to disable it by performing a factory reset. Now it plays in order and repeats all, which is fine by me.

Here's a photo of the S5 with my freshly unpacked Candies.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #1,431 of 2,124
Hi, I have a Benjie X1 and I notice that If I go to Albums section, the name is truncated to 12 characters in the albums I have stored in FLAC extension. Anyone is experimenting the same thing?. I'm on firmware 1.101.10, is there any update?

Thanks

Jul 5, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #1,433 of 2,124
Ordered a Benjie S5B Bluetooth for €23. At the moment I use a Sony NWZ-A826 also with bluetooth. Nice player but the sound is kinda dull.
I hope the S5B does sound a bit warmer.

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #1,434 of 2,124
i received my Benjie S5b and I'm very happy with it i just about every way except one: it does not seem to actually have Bluetooth functionality. Not as a transmitter, nor a receiver. It doesn't recognize any Bluetooth devices. Maybe a firmware fix will address this issue.

Aside from that issue, I love the small size, the rugged build, the intuitive UI, the lock button, the volume buttons....and the sound. It really seems to supply a nice amount of power to IEM's or earphones.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #1,435 of 2,124
i received my Benjie S5b and I'm very happy with it i just about every way except one: it does not seem to actually have Bluetooth functionality. Not as a transmitter, nor a receiver. It doesn't recognize any Bluetooth devices. Maybe a firmware fix will address this issue.

Aside from that issue, I love the small size, the rugged build, the intuitive UI, the lock button, the volume buttons....and the sound. It really seems to supply a nice amount of power to IEM's or earphones.

Is the Bluetooth functionality mentioned in the manual and on the box?
Or is it fake advertised by the seller?

I don't see a S5B advertised on the Benjie official website. My S5B is underway BTW.

Jul 11, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #1,436 of 2,124

I think you will wait a looooong time for that.

skeleton.gif

Jul 11, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,437 of 2,124
Is the Bluetooth functionality mentioned in the manual and on the box?
Or is it fake advertised by the seller?

I don't see a S5B advertised on the Benjie official website. My S5B is underway BTW.
There's a Bluetooth menu in the UI, so I'm thinking it's "official".

Jul 13, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,438 of 2,124
Today I received my Benjie S5B. Well not really because the Aliexpress seller sent me an ordinary S5 :angry:. Contacted the seller and am curious what he has to say.

edit: All is ok. The S5B model is not printed on the device. It only says S5 but the bluetooth option is available in the menu.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #1,439 of 2,124

The bluetooth on my S5B is working but it was a bit complex to get it to work though. So many menuoptions to click thru before it actually works.
I'm using it with my Philips SHB7250 headphones and it sounds great.

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #1,440 of 2,124
The bluetooth on my S5B is working but it was a bit complex to get it to work though. So many menuoptions to click thru before it actually works.
I'm using it with my Philips SHB7250 headphones and it sounds great.
Could you explain how to get the Bluetooth to work, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back