Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
May 9, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #1,786 of 2,875
Please do try the Fiio and tell me what you think. I looked at the Opus#1's specs and I see it runs on dual Cirrus Logic CS4398, whereas the Fiio runs on dual AK4490EN. It will be interesting to see if you agree that the Fiio has a warmer sound like many are saying on Head-Fi.
I will when I get a chance. Tomorrow my daughter is arriving here from Michigan to visit for a couple of weeks so I will be doing far less listening and not much posting. I will ask my husband to compare as well. I don't think anyone could go wrong with either DAP. I really expect the headphones to make the most difference and I do enjoy different sound signatures. Some of my headphones are warmer than others.

May 12, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,787 of 2,875
I'm late to the party, but after testing both versions of H6 at the local B&O shop, the v1 appealed more to me. It felt maybe 5% less boomy and 5% more detailed. Finally found a new pair on amazon as the local shop couldn't order the v1 anymore.

I find that it runs fine on the iPhone 7, contrary to some reports on H6 v1 requiring an amp.

These are a good balance of looks, comfort and sound, although I do hope that there are notches to balance the length of the arms easily. Overall, I love my purchase!

May 20, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #1,788 of 2,875
I know it's kind of hard to compare but I have an audeze sine, weight/comfortwise do you think the H6 gen 2 beats them for comfort?
Although one is on-ear and the other one over-ear ..it is almost a fair comparison.. the Sine is the biggest on-ear I tried while the H6 is the smallest over-ear (for some people it's not even an over-ear..)
300g vs 230g is a big difference also.

I have both headphones and to me the H6 gen 2 beats the Sine comfort wise by a comfortable margin (sorry, I had to :))

Jun 13, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #1,790 of 2,875
I know Anker's aux cables are often highly recommended, but I can confirm they don't fit the H6 v1. :triportsad: I'll probably try Belkin's cable, as most other options are too long for my needs.

Thanks,
Brian

You won't go wrong with the Belkin Mixit Aux Cables. They fit the H6 socket perfectly, they are terminated in a metal shroud, the cable is braided and they are 4ft long, and the bonus is that the colours match perfectly. If you have the Tan H6 order the Grey cable as it matches the plastic on the H6, I ordered a Tan cable before checking, and the black cable matches the black H6, just turn the cable inwards if you do not want to see the logo.

Jun 13, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,791 of 2,875
You won't go wrong with the Belkin Mixit Aux Cables. They fit the H6 socket perfectly, they are terminated in a metal shroud, the cable is braided and they are 4ft long, and the bonus is that the colours match perfectly. If you have the Tan H6 order the Grey cable as it matches the plastic on the H6, I ordered a Tan cable before checking, and the black cable matches the black H6, just turn the cable inwards if you do not want to see the logo.

I have the grey cable for my H6 natural. As he says... perfect.

Jun 20, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #1,792 of 2,875
Just picked up a pair of the H6 v1 for $150 :D They were on sale, the sticker still had the 299 price tag. Oddly enough, they didn't have stock of the v2.

I have a Fiio X5ii and HTC 10, so I'm thinking I shouldn't need an amp.

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #1,793 of 2,875
Just picked up a pair of the H6 v1 for $150 :D They were on sale, the sticker still had the 299 price tag. Oddly enough, they didn't have stock of the v2.

I have a Fiio X5ii and HTC 10, so I'm thinking I shouldn't need an amp.

Great deal! You should not need an amp. I was just using my Gen2s today straight out of my Opus #1 and then my husband's Fiio x5iii. (Someone wanted me to compare the two daps). Sounded great out of both and with plenty of bass on Ellen Allien Nost. Also listened to some acoustic stuff...male and female vocals. All very enjoyable with the Beoplays.

Jun 21, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,794 of 2,875
Great deal! You should not need an amp. I was just using my Gen2s today straight out of my Opus #1 and then my husband's Fiio x5iii. (Someone wanted me to compare the two daps). Sounded great out of both and with plenty of bass on Ellen Allien Nost. Also listened to some acoustic stuff...male and female vocals. All very enjoyable with the Beoplays.
Yes I'm very happy with these cans. Even witht the stock cable and not burnt in they sound fantastic. Certainly an upgrade from my Beyerdynamic T51.

The Fiio X5ii seems to drive them better than the HTC headphone port. The X5ii is a great match, in fact, because it is a little on the bright side, to v1s somewhat relaxed sound signature. I found the Beyerdynamic T51 a terrible match, as it seems a bit treble oriented, with the X5ii it was screetchy and hurt my ears if i turned it up load enough to hear the vocals and bass. The T51 was ok with the HTC 10 where I could apply the equaliser, but still not to compare with H6.

I feel like I've rediscovered my X5ii, listening to DSD and FLAC files just sounds fantastic with the H6. I don't even care about the lack of equaliser on hi res audio, because the feels just perfect for my taste, as is. From the HTC 10 headphone port, it sounds a little enclosed and less airy, but still great detail, I was even listening to music with the eq turned off, which I never normally do.

Edit: has anybody tried this cable?

http://www.oehlbach.com/en/for-headphones/cables/xxl®-i-jack-35

Its on Amazon.de for €46

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #1,795 of 2,875
Yes I'm very happy with these cans. Even witht the stock cable and not burnt in they sound fantastic. Certainly an upgrade from my Beyerdynamic T51.

The Fiio X5ii seems to drive them better than the HTC headphone port. The X5ii is a great match, in fact, because it is a little on the bright side, to v1s somewhat relaxed sound signature. I found the Beyerdynamic T51 a terrible match, as it seems a bit treble oriented, with the X5ii it was screetchy and hurt my ears if i turned it up load enough to hear the vocals and bass. The T51 was ok with the HTC 10 where I could apply the equaliser, but still not to compare with H6.

I feel like I've rediscovered my X5ii, listening to DSD and FLAC files just sounds fantastic with the H6. I don't even care about the lack of equaliser on hi res audio, because the feels just perfect for my taste, as is. From the HTC 10 headphone port, it sounds a little enclosed and less airy, but still great detail, I was even listening to music with the eq turned off, which I never normally do.

Edit: has anybody tried this cable?

http://www.oehlbach.com/en/for-headphones/cables/xxl®-i-jack-35

Its on Amazon.de for €46

I had the same combo in the past, x5ii and the H6, But the JDS labs C5D amp, made me sell the x5ii as I found it to be a better with much more airy treble, speed. I kept listening back and forth. But, being a treble head, I must admit that, I really liked the supercheap xduoo x3,(not x10, I had that too) with the H6's(again treble department). But x5ii has more beefier mid range, but again then the x10 had that more neutral than the x5ii. x5ii 'used to be' a good player, but now there are lot of options. But, resale value of x5ii was great(which I really appreciate due to their hype). But, what surprised me literally was the Hifimediy 9018 DAC amp. I wish, they made a player. It literally killed the x5ii unamped, though it was unforgiving with bad recordings.

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,796 of 2,875
Does any one use that version, I find it sound different from V1 but not find any information if it is V2 or not ?
Rapha version has different build material. And it sound warmer and bass response is little bit more than my audi version(Which is almost the same other V1).
201791eb91cd-f9c7-45ab-aea3-1ea90e3d4e03.jpg

2017468d87b5-d6a1-4f1d-a5ab-e0dc8df61f4f.jpg

2017f9159ea1-88cb-45ba-a358-db6168a882bb.jpg

2017a33dc197-f185-4a33-bee8-d0376b2f1e86.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 27, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #1,797 of 2,875
Jun 27, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #1,798 of 2,875
If anyone is interested in a case to hold and protect his or her H6 because B&O didn't think it was necessary to provide one (a glaring omission, in my opinion) I recommend the Geekria Ultrashell case. It's hard shell case that seats the H6 comfortably and it also comes with a very nice pouch to hold the headphones along with a smaller zippered pouch that will hold the cable and accessories that will velcro to the inside of the case. It's very well made, low profile for convenience, and it's only $17.45! Highly recommended! Available from Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019XLBZXM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #1,799 of 2,875
I have that same case...from Amazon UK..you are right...it is perfect.
I posted this photo a few pages back...you will have to expand the quote to see the picture.
Here is mine in its Geekria case with the new grey Belkin cable. I had no problem with the stock cable but I wanted a spare. I have plenty of extra black cables but I wanted a grey one as the original is also grey.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #1,800 of 2,875
I have that same case...from Amazon UK..you are right...it is perfect.
I posted this photo a few pages back...you will have to expand the quote to see the picture.
Very nice! Yes, they are amazing cases compared to other cases that cost more. It is a bargain at this price, though! Congrats on a beautiful pair of headphones, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back