Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Apr 30, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #1,711 of 2,875
Concur. A simple and inexpensive upgrade to improve portability would be to get yourself a V-Moda Audio Only Cable... well made, flexible, very low micro-phonics. This cable fits both versions albeit much tighter in the newer version H6s.

Thanks for the heads up on the cable.

I had real trouble finding an audio only cable. The first couple would not fit, then I bought the Chinese Amazon one above.

I decided the first one was too long so I bought the shorter 1.2m which suits me on the move. Unfortunately, it is a little stiff and unflexible and when rubbed it transmits the rubbing sound.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,712 of 2,875
Concur. A simple and inexpensive upgrade to improve portability would be to get yourself a V-Moda Audio Only Cable... well made, flexible, very low micro-phonics. This cable fits both versions albeit much tighter in the newer version H6s.

I was just looking for the V-Moda cable you recommended and I came across this Belkin cable
61Ivvc29lCL._SL1500_.jpg

They don't provide dimensions, but it looks pretty slim. I took a chance and bought one to see if it fits my new Tan H6, if it fits I will buy it in black.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,713 of 2,875
Wow, I paid £239 on Amazon last November for the Natural H6 v2. That ebay offer for £129 almost makes me wish I had waited...but how could I know? The listing looks legitimate.

I am thinking about getting this cable. Has anyone tried it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Silve...hash=item48801509cb:m:maq_YIYSM345Zsio2PxHlow

I really don't know if I should expect better sound. The stock one sounds fine as it is. I just want to have a spare if something were to happen to it. Actually I would use the new one and put the original away.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #1,714 of 2,875
I was just looking for the V-Moda cable you recommended and I came across this Belkin cable
61Ivvc29lCL._SL1500_.jpg

They don't provide dimensions, but it looks pretty slim. I took a chance and bought one to see if it fits my new Tan H6, if it fits I will buy it in black.

Do you have a link to that one? I definitely do not want a black one with the color of my natural H6. This or the silver one I posted would look good.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,715 of 2,875
Do you have a link to that one? I definitely do not want a black one with the color of my natural H6. This or the silver one I posted would look good.

I cannot say that it will fit, I am taking a gamble but it does look slim enough.

Only 2 left at the moment in that colour £8.66 Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TS56Z1Q

The black is for my black H6.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #1,716 of 2,875
I cannot say that it will fit, I am taking a gamble but it does look slim enough.

Only 2 left at the moment in that colour £8.66 Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TS56Z1Q

The black is for my black H6.

Please let us know if it fits when it arrives. It is a few more pound but they also have it in grey which might suit my headphones better. I will wait for your report! I have read that the jack is a bit tighter on the v2 than it was on the v1. As I said, I have no problem with the sound using the stock cable and it does match the color perfectly. Meanwhile I might go ahead and order that silver one on ebay. It will take forever to arrive from China. The cables will not be wasted if they do not fit. I have other headphones and my husband has others as well so there is always a use for cables. I wonder if the v-moda ones are a tight fit in the v2. So far I can only find them in the USA if I want colors other than black. These are such pretty headphones that I personally think it is important to have the cable match well in color... or create an interesting contrast like maybe a red cable with the black H6.

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,717 of 2,875
if1Y0fy.jpg

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #1,718 of 2,875
Surprisingly my H6's sound just as open as my Sine Dx's!

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,719 of 2,875
I'm using this stack as my reference...
UytWpgh.jpg

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #1,720 of 2,875
Please let us know if it fits when it arrives. It is a few more pound but they also have it in grey which might suit my headphones better. I will wait for your report! I have read that the jack is a bit tighter on the v2 than it was on the v1. As I said, I have no problem with the sound using the stock cable and it does match the color perfectly. Meanwhile I might go ahead and order that silver one on ebay. It will take forever to arrive from China. The cables will not be wasted if they do not fit. I have other headphones and my husband has others as well so there is always a use for cables. I wonder if the v-moda ones are a tight fit in the v2. So far I can only find them in the USA if I want colors other than black. These are such pretty headphones that I personally think it is important to have the cable match well in color... or create an interesting contrast like maybe a red cable with the black H6.

Damn, you mentioned grey so I looked at the H6 photo again and realised that the casing was grey and not tan.

I was thinking of the tan leather when I ordered that colour.

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #1,721 of 2,875
I had some trouble getting my V-MODA cable into the v2 but it does finally go in.

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #1,723 of 2,875
61Ivvc29lCL._SL1500_.jpg

The advantage for me that the V-Moda cable has is the 45 degree angled connector on the end that you plug into devices. This looks like a nice cable though.

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #1,724 of 2,875
I just checked the german Beoplay online store and saw that the H6 are unavailable. I checked with some other european versions of the store, and they are unavailable in Denmark and Great Britain too... anyone knows anything? Maybe yet another revision? Colours?

May 1, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #1,725 of 2,875
I just checked the german Beoplay online store and saw that the H6 are unavailable. I checked with some other european versions of the store, and they are unavailable in Denmark and Great Britain too... anyone knows anything? Maybe yet another revision? Colours?

I asked that question yesterday as I found them being sold on ebay for £129.00 but not available directly from B&O's web store.

As B&O are saying 'Notify Me', I suspect that B&O have cleared them out to make way for a new 3rd Gen.

However, I love the 2nd Gen's sound, and they are the perfect partner for my Fiio X5 3rd Gen.

I bought two more at £129.00, bargain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back