B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Mar 3, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #571 of 1,671
Is the sound similar to the H7? They are heavily discounted in Denmark this weekend where you save about 200$. So I'm considering them. Used to love the H7's but them found the Bowers P7W which I love.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #574 of 1,671
That's a very nice price! I have no experience with other B&O headsets, so can't say anything about the H7, but I know it's been mentioned several times in this thread. It's a long thread to go through though :)

I can only say that I went from Bose QC35 to these and I haven't regretted it, but it depends on the use case I'd say.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #575 of 1,671
I have to return mine too.. bluetooth stopped working completely.
also seeing them 40% off 2 months after release sucks.

b&o wont be seeing my money anytime soon again.
too bad there's no other option at the moment.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #577 of 1,671
Is the sound similar to the H7? They are heavily discounted in Denmark this weekend where you save about 200$. So I'm considering them. Used to love the H7's but them found the Bowers P7W which I love.

I have them both and had the H7's. The P7W sound the best so if that's what you want stop with them.  :) I have the H9's mostly for the ANC when I travel as I can't stand the QC35's processed sound or ear pressure. They do sound very similar to the H7's I believe without having both at the same time, maybe H7's slightly better sound due to no ANC??

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #578 of 1,671
Hi, I just got the baby today and been enjoying it. Has anybody encountered the (heavily) inconsistent connection when connecting to a PC/Laptop (I use HP Elitebook 8570w in case that matters) yet? Any solution for that please :frowning2: ? Thanks.

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #581 of 1,671
Almost 5 months ago, when I asked B&O support on the H7 Bluetooth connectivity, I was officially told that PCs and laptops have their own special bluetooth connectivity issues (with B&O products) that most of the times these are resolved with a dongle. For the dongle search the H7 forum. For B&O answer here it is "The BeoPlay H7 is made for use with mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. Bluetooth drivers and antennas in laptops/PC's are a chapter of their own, therefore we aren't able to recommend this specific setup".
You can always ask them again, but this time for the H9 set. However I believe that they will answer you the same (more or less).

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #582 of 1,671
I use mine H9's with my MacBook Air all the time with zero issues except the range is not as goos as with my iPhone.

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #583 of 1,671
  Almost 5 months ago, when I asked B&O support on the H7 Bluetooth connectivity, I was officially told that PCs and laptops have their own special bluetooth connectivity issues (with B&O products) that most of the times these are resolved with a dongle. For the dongle search the H7 forum. For B&O answer here it is "The BeoPlay H7 is made for use with mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. Bluetooth drivers and antennas in laptops/PC's are a chapter of their own, therefore we aren't able to recommend this specific setup".
You can always ask them again, but this time for the H9 set. However I believe that they will answer you the same (more or less).

Yeah, really thinking about dongles, thank you for such an informative answer. The bluetooth receivers in Windows PCs mostly suck anyway.
  I use mine H9's with my MacBook Air all the time with zero issues except the range is not as goos as with my iPhone.

Seems like Macs and other Apple devices always have quality components for media use, I've heard that the internal DACs of Macs are comparable to most 200 or so separate DACs out there.

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #584 of 1,671
My gosh, I just wanna say this after three days with the H9, this baby is so damn nice to put on, they are so light, the lambskin is so soft, so gentle that I can leave it there for like ... a week :D Just ordered a pair of PXC 550 to compare, they sound nice and works really well with all the features (they are actually functionally better than the H9, sound is up to preferences, but you can surely go louder with the Sennheiser) but again, nothing beats the comfort of the H9. Bang & Olufsen was spot on with this, they even tune the sound a little softer, I assume their idea is to give you this consistent experience of relaxation for commuting and flights, they may not have the best sound quality but the experience as a whole is what really matters in this case. Just my two pence, cheers.

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #585 of 1,671
Hi guys I tried these H9 at the Singapore b&o retail store and couldn't help but notice that the volume was extremely low when paired to my iPhone 7+ jet black.
I had to turn the volume on max before I found the the volume acceptable for listening. I only have lossless FLAC files on my phone, so file quality shouldn't be a problem. The sales told me to download the Beoplay app and play with the eq settings, but even that had no use. Just wondering is this a common issue among all H9 paired with iphone7+ or was it simply a default demo pair they had at the store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back