Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #3,410 of 3,454
Does anyone know if anything similar or better than the rockets has ever been released? Tiny IEMs with a great cable like this or detachable cables

Fender make the Puresonic Wireless which is based on the Rockets design, but as a budget bluetooth neckphone. No idea how they sound.

Jays q-Jays, cable is detachable but using an almost impossible to find type of threaded MMCX. Also, rather different signature (if Rockets are "warm neutral"ish, q-Jays would be "neutral-bright"ish and for me are sibilant without foam tips).

Problem with detachable cables is that the connectors alone are often nearly the size of Rockets :sweat_smile:

Other than q-Jays and Rockets, I haven't owned anything else that's quite as small and also of similar value, overall material quality and recommendably balanced sound (basically IMO good all-rounders- a lot of IEMs I like but find much harder to recommend) - larger ones I hold in similar regard are Etymotics, size of ~2 Rockets, and Sony N3, ~3.5 Rockets). If small size is priority over sound & build there are some decent budget options around.

Haven't tried these but some more recent smallish detachables I can think of- Final Audio E4000 & E5000, Rose Mini2, maybe the Yamaha EPH200 (refresh of EPH100 w/ detachable cable).

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #3,412 of 3,454
You can also consider the Flares Pro, same form factor

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #3,416 of 3,454
Don't even try. I tried the better model and the connection was too bad to justify the SQ. Certain the electronics are the same and the SQ is lower so don't bother. Plus over ear is fine but the Rockets design with two pods bobbing around isn't smart. Plenty of noise with collars and moving around and all that. I escaped because I found a pair for $50 and sold them on to get most of my money back. That is the only way I would buy them is if you got a similar deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back