AURALiC ARIES
Oct 6, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #196 of 275
I got to try out both an Aurender (new A30) streamer, as well as the new Ayre QX-5 - and though I never got to compare them to the Aries from a sound perspective - I got to compare the two from a usability perspective - Auralics Lightning app, server and "completeness" simply kills the other two. Auralic wins outright in usability (intuitive), speed, stability (both of the other two "broke down" all too often), logic, integration and presentation. I am most likely going to buy a Mini as well and start building a multi-room setup with the Aries family.

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #197 of 275
Yeah lightning DS had a bit of a rough start but it's blossomed into an awesome UI

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #198 of 275
I got to try out both an Aurender (new A30) streamer, as well as the new Ayre QX-5 - and though I never got to compare them to the Aries from a sound perspective - I got to compare the two from a usability perspective - Auralics Lightning app, server and "completeness" simply kills the other two. Auralic wins outright in usability (intuitive), speed, stability (both of the other two "broke down" all too often), logic, integration and presentation. I am most likely going to buy a Mini as well and start building a multi-room setup with the Aries family.

Aurender A30 ?

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #199 of 275
has someone compared the SQ with using a USB HD or an Ethernet NAS ? (if possible with firmware 4.0) 

For ease of set-up; I only use a USB SSD, and I hope I do not lose SQ compared to storing my music on the network .

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #200 of 275
  has someone compared the SQ with using a USB HD or an Ethernet NAS ? (if possible with firmware 4.0) 

For ease of set-up; I only use a USB SSD, and I hope I do not lose SQ compared to storing my music on the network .

I have only tried using the USB once but I couldn't tell any difference between my Synology NAS, so I stuck with that.

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #201 of 275

I have only tried using the USB once but I couldn't tell any difference between my Synology NAS, so I stuck with that.

well if you heard no SQ difference between USB & NAS, then it is good news for me since I use USB and never tried Ethernet (I do not have a NAS).

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #202 of 275
Yeah pretty sure you're good to go either way

Dec 26, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #203 of 275
May have missed this, but I'm looking at the Aries Mini for a bedroom rig.  I'd like to be able to playback high res PCM and DSD content stored on my Synology NAS to the Aries MINI but also be able to play Spotify content or podcasts etc via Airplay to the unit.  Is this possible?

Thanks for any advice.

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #204 of 275
May have missed this, but I'm looking at the Aries Mini for a bedroom rig.  I'd like to be able to playback high res PCM and DSD content stored on my Synology NAS to the Aries MINI but also be able to play Spotify content or podcasts etc via Airplay to the unit.  Is this possible?

Thanks for any advice.
From darkos site, "AURALiC’s commitment to the best available streaming quality is underscored by their stance on services like Spotify and Pandora: lossy streamers are directed toward the Mini’s Bluetooth 4.0 input. This is where the Sonos Connect leapfrogs the Johnny-come-lately. Sonos is still the king of the hill when it comes to in-app streaming service breadth."

Basically u should consider trying TIDAL if u get the Aries. it will be worth it, Spotify wont sound as good on the Aries, and at the very least u get a year free with the Aries anyway.

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #205 of 275
Basically u should consider trying TIDAL if u get the Aries. it will be worth it, Spotify wont sound as good on the Aries, and at the very least u get a year free with the Aries anyway.

I have never used Spotify but I am pretty satisfied with TIDAL.  It has an emphasis on hip-hop but you just have to work a little harder to find what you want.  The new interface is a big improvement on the Lightning DS app.  Unfortunately the free year of TIDAL offer has expired and the retail of the Mini was reduced to reflect that fact.

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #206 of 275
That sucks. Though it's still worth it to get TIDAL if you're going to use an Aries. I'm sorry but Bluetooth just sucks for music, it should give any audiophile pause before proceeding if Bluetooth is involved in the transmission of music. No thanks!

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #207 of 275
I just upgraded Auralics Lightning app to 4.0  (iPAD version) and discovered that the lay out is a total new direction.   I guess I will need to get used to it....

But I am very unhappy that the Cover Art mosaique is no more available in "Artist mode" as it was before and as it is now only in "album mode"?.  

-> Is there a way to display the cover art mosaique in "artist mode" like before ? 

ALBUM mode : 
biggrin.gif

ARTIST mode :  
mad.gif
mad.gif

thanks in advance

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #208 of 275
Click All Artists up at the top

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #209 of 275

Users who are viewing this thread

Back