Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
May 10, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #723 of 824
i dont know if aune still got plans on that micro HDMI built into our players.
also the UI could be improved, we could use some updates really.
i wish they could give some more love in our dap.

May 11, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #727 of 824
M2S/M2S has got only one SD card slot. You have to wait for the next version.
Yes, hopefully they will release new version soon, I am now using 300R, dx200 sold because of 1 card slot.
I read all of this thread even I don't even own any devices of aune. I love how aune design their software( all using C/C++ to program their firmware so that everything is under their control ) and the class A amp, hope next version will have 2 card slot and balance output like M1s

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #728 of 824
Yes, hopefully they will release new version soon, I am now using 300R, dx200 sold because of 1 card slot.Y
I read all of this thread even I don't even own any devices of aune. I love how aune design their software( all using C/C++ to program their firmware so that everything is under their control ) and the class A amp, hope next version will have 2 card slot and balance output like M1s

As you said, their UI on M2 and original M1(not M1s) is very barebone and fast. It's definitely coded in a low level language possibly C hence the speed. If you compare UI of original M1 with M2 ,they have improved a lot, but not quite there. The one thing they get right is the sound. Both M1 and M2s sound awesome.

May 24, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #730 of 824
After the success of M2 and M1s, I wonder what Aune is planning to develop next in their portable lineup :)
I really like their approach in design, and pricing. Prioritising quality of sound first. Although sacrificing UI, and other superfluities.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #732 of 824
Ill be one of the first for the m3s if and when. Looking forward to their next effort.
Same here :) What's with the 's' letter behind every model nowadays? They're getting popular. I think it's for 'small'?

I've tried the Valoq as well, it's simple and sounds great. It reminds me of M1s in some ways. VE and Aune are one of those rare 'purist' kind.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #735 of 824
What is the multifunction port for? Any usage out of it so far, how likely is it they will make it possible to connect a mojo? Instead of abandoning this dap.

Not as far as I know. I believe Aune was going to use that to make M2 a transport for their desktop systems, but I've never seen any movement on that. @AuneAudio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back