Audiofly AF1120 UIEM Impressions/review/appreciation thread
Mar 22, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #31 of 71
Also do any other owners of the af 1120 have their iems on hand can check the back and or front to see if has similar look with the plastic shell..

Kind of looks like glue or something inside from back side by Jack I may be just being paranoid just wanted someone to say looks like mine... your good whiskey jack

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #32 of 71
Also do any other owners of the af 1120 have their iems on hand can check the back and or front to see if has similar look with the plastic shell..

Kind of looks like glue or something inside from back side by Jack I may be just being paranoid just wanted someone to say looks like mine... your good whiskey jack

I think mine are the same, though I don't have them with me at work today. 

-Collin-

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #35 of 71
NO NO NO, the left Iem (Af1120) has a large crack on the near the centre join. Just noticed now. I have not dropped or stood on them or mistreated them in any way.

I am so sad. Loved these, but are starting to have doubts about quality. Although it's probably just bad luck. Oh well....

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #36 of 71
My friend's AF180's shell cracked too. He contacted Audiofly and they told him to use glue to fix the crack, lol. I think they must be using bad material.

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #37 of 71
My friend's AF180's shell cracked too. He contacted Audiofly and they told him to use glue to fix the crack, lol. I think they must be using bad material.

That really isn't good enough. These are not cheap Iem's and we pay a premium price for them. We therefore should expect a premium service from the manufacturer. Is this too much to ask? Mind you these 2 cases might be the only ones so I cannot condemn a company on these alone. I still feel they make great products and hope these are isolated cases. That said I will be returning mine to my supplier and seeking a refund or replacement. It has only been 27 days since I got them.

Never mind its back to my old Shure Se425's for portable use. I do hope that everyone else has more luck as I still solve the sound that my Audiofly's produced.

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #39 of 71
That really isn't good enough. These are not cheap Iem's and we pay a premium price for them. We therefore should expect a premium service from the manufacturer. Is this too much to ask? Mind you these 2 cases might be the only ones so I cannot condemn a company on these alone. I still feel they make great products and hope these are isolated cases. That said I will be returning mine to my supplier and seeking a refund or replacement. It has only been 27 days since I got them.

Never mind its back to my old Shure Se425's for portable use. I do hope that everyone else has more luck as I still solve the sound that my Audiofly's produced.

Yes, do not give up hope prfallon, return for an exchange and if not possible a refund. If anything contact Audiofly and see about addressing this issue with the weak shell, I have not dropped mine yet as well, and they seem to be holding up( gods know I need them too) I am sorry about your predicament, but unfortunately this happens and it is usually with mid to high end gear where it happens. At least until they get the QC in line and fix the issues. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #40 of 71
Yes thanks for your support WhiskeyJack. I do hope that it is a relatively isolated incident. I cannot afford to splashing money about haphazardly. I need my gear to last a while.

I do feel that I cannot walk away from the Audiofly brand as they tick all the boxes for me sound quality wise. Just wish they were a bit better built. My shure' SE425 seen much more robust. I am going to get another set as long as my supplier relaxes or refunds me. No reason they shouldn't. I did pay through PayPal so I am sure to be covered.

-Paul-

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #41 of 71
Hey guys sorry for not writing recently the AF1120 still staying strong I'm at work from 9am to 9pm today but my wife confirmed I did get a package which I will verify when I get home tonight along with my impressions if it is the upgrade silver cable they started selling. Also along with that I will be publishing a review via headfi after the disaster that is my desk is cleaned up this weekend

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #42 of 71
So I received the silver upgrade cable from Audiofly, I want to say a week and a half a go. It is a very nice cable and feels strong but not too stiff. I am not a big believe in cables past a certain point but I do have to see everything sounds as clean and clear or more so than before. Which for me is a surprise, and I have been super busy with moving in new furniture, my poor health, and work but my review we will be post within the week. I feel more people need a push in this direction of audio and trying something new.

Jun 22, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #44 of 71
We should keep the conversation going about 1120, they seem pretty interesting for a universal IEM! I wonder how they'll compare to Sennheiser ie800 and DK-3001!

To be fair I have neither of the above iems but i do have the AF 180, SE 846 Westone 4 RHA 20i . The 1120's are more technically accurate than all of them. Are they more enjoyable? Well thats a different question all together.

I find the AF 180's to be more musical out of all them.

I do enjoy the 1120's for analytical listening most definitely. But for casual enjoyment its the 180's

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #45 of 71
To be fair I have neither of the above iems but i do have the AF 180, SE 846 Westone 4 RHA 20i . The 1120's are more technically accurate than all of them. Are they more enjoyable? Well thats a different question all together.

I find the AF 180's to be more musical out of all them.

I do enjoy the 1120's for analytical listening most definitely. But for casual enjoyment its the 180's

Thank you for your answer!

Many people have compared SE846 with ie800 before, and to be honest I was in the camp that preferred ie800 due to their much better treble extension and treble energy.

Seems like 1120 could be a great competitor to the ~700$ IEM table, especially for those of us who love a good technical sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back