Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction
Mar 13, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #1,067 of 1,104
Indeed. If possible. Just because someone finds a pair of undies comfortable doesn't mean that you would too. ;p. One size doesn't fit all

Well, there ARE one size fits all undies that stretch like crazy. just 8 bucks per pack of 3.

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #1,068 of 1,104

haha...Compared to IM70 and Titan 1,CKR 9 is on a totally different level.You made the right choice!

Im considering getting either an etymotic ER-4 PT or a FLC 8 as a next step up. Customs are WAAAAaaaay to troublesome.

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #1,071 of 1,104
So have people really soured on these? I think they're pretty good for the price, but mine haven't broken and I really only use them for binaurals.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #1,072 of 1,104
Soured? No idea what that means but I have my pair over 1 year now apart from some of the black paint peeling off it still works like brand new.

I like the sound and they are good for the price point, isolates well and fits my ear. Short of some minor design decisions (cable should be male pins instead of socket) and marketing wordings, I'm pretty happy with them.

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #1,073 of 1,104
I hate Titan 1's treble.I love to listen to music above normal levels and the treble through Titan 1 is just too much;it is annoying and ear-piercing because it is not full.The IM70 treble is above average,not excellent,but definitely better than Titan 1's treble.The IM70 has rich timbre compared to Titan 1 and is not ear piercing at all.The IM70 beats Titan 1 in all the areas but subbass.
to me im70 beats ex1(titan) only in isolation,vocals and bass

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #1,074 of 1,104
to me im70 beats ex1(titan) only in isolation,vocals and bass

I respect your opinion.To me,the treble is too thin through EX1.
smile.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,075 of 1,104
Can someone help me solve the mystery of why these earphones blow me away for binaural beats? I'm looking for an illustration/translation of how the dual drivers look/work? Every illustration I see only shows the housing for the drivers, not the actual drivers and their arrangement.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #1,076 of 1,104
Can someone help me solve the mystery of why these earphones blow me away for binaural beats? I'm looking for an illustration/translation of how the dual drivers look/work? Every illustration I see only shows the housing for the drivers, not the actual drivers and their arrangement.
I don't have any pictures to show but I do know that the drivers face the same direction and play out the exact same sound. This results in a thicker sound as more air is moved.

Think two iems squeezed Into one.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #1,077 of 1,104
I don't have any pictures to show but I do know that the drivers face the same direction and play out the exact same sound. This results in a thicker sound as more air is moved.

Think two iems squeezed Into one.

Would that amplify binaural and/or isochronic beats?

Mar 15, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #1,078 of 1,104

There are two drivers in the same housing separated by a metal ring. I have posted the driver pictures in the past if you search the pictures.

Mar 15, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #1,079 of 1,104
There are two drivers in the same housing separated by a metal ring. I have posted the driver pictures in the past if you search the pictures.

Can I do that in the mobile version of head-fi?

Mar 15, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #1,080 of 1,104
Can I do that in the mobile version of head-fi?

well the ATE's driver clearly looks diferent though, a fancy copper ring rather than a black barrel.

No, IM50/70s also have a copper ring between the drivers. KZ ATE has a red barrel instead of black on IM50/70. Just a different color that's it!

Here is the picture of IM50's driver I've posted in IM50/70 thread quite some time ago:

And this is ATE's driver:

They looked almost identical to me except the shell color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back