11. THD+N: 0.008% @ 1kHz
Compatible with IOS and Android OS
Controllable by iPhone and other Smartphone applications
product_05_06.jpg

Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Headphone Amplifier
Ultra Slim High Definition & High-Resolution USB DAC

product_05_02.jpg

product_05_07.jpg

This Portable Smart-Fi USB DAC & Amplifier is designed to present brand new experience of music listening directly from your smartphone, converting digital audio signal into the High-Res Smart-Fi analog sound. This will allow you to get the professional MQS sound by simple connection of Opus#11 directly to your device, serving as a medium and portable amplifier, to present the highest quality studio sound wherever you go.

Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Headphone Amplifier
Ultra Slim High Definition & High-Resolution USB DAC

product_05_02.jpg

product_05_08.jpg

Opus#11 is probably one of the best possible solutions for your High-Res audio experience you may ever find at the market. Super Ultra slim 7.9mm metal body comprises the high-end technology in the DAC area.
The Bit has come up with a revolutionizing remedy to bring the unheard before sound to your daily life, whether you are commuting to work or enjoy your favorite music at home, in order to make MQS accessible to the masses.

product_05_09.jpg

The XS1-U8A-64 (XMOS) has Eight-Core Multicore Microcontroller with Advanced Multi-Core RISC Architecture. This highest 32bit processor core is designed to provide powerful performance while you go.
The Sabre ES9018K2M delivers an unprecedented level of performance and spectacular sound quality up to 110dB dynamic range and 0.008% of total harmonic distortion
Opus#11 presents an ideal solution for stereo conversion from digital audio input in DSD formats of up to 32bit/384kHz.

General specifications

Body Material[Design]
Aluminium[Slim] 7.9T
Dimensons[mm) [T.B.D]
56*103*7.9T
Weight
80g [T.B.D]
Battery Capacity
1,750mAh / 3.7V[T.B.D]
Playing Time
8Hr[T/B/D]
CPU
XS1-U8A-64 (XMOS)
DAC
Sabre32 ES9018K2M (32bit DAC)
OUTPUT IMPEDENCE[T.B.D]
1.2 ohm
OUTPUT LEVEL[T.B.D]
1.9Vrms(No Load)
S/N Ratio[T.B.D]
113dB @ 1kHz
CROSS TALK[T.B.D]
124dB @ 1KHz
THD+N[T.B.D]
0.008% @ 1kHz,
FREQUENCY RESPONSE
20Hz~20KHz (0.03dB)
USB Input Interface
USB AUDIO 2.0 / 1.0 , asyncchronous
Supported Audio Formats
(T.B.D)
PCM :
up to 32bit / 384KHz PCM
DSD :
Native DSD
DSD over PCM(DoP)
DSD64 (2.8224MHz), DSD128 (5.6448MHz)
DXD(24Bit/352.8KHz)
Sample rate :
44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz,96KHz, 176.4KHz,
192KHz, 358.2KHz, 384KHz
I/O
USB 2.0 IN (MICRO 5PIN)
DC JACK-IN (5V/1.2A)
EARPHONE-OUT (3.5pie)
LED INDICATE
LED1: CHARGE LED
LED2: BATTERY LEVEL / USB CONNECTION
Supported O/S
[t.b.d]
Windows XP/Vista/ 7/8.1, Mac OS x10.6.4 or later, Android(4.4 or above), iOS7/8/9
Accessory
(Package)
T.B.D

product_05_02.jpg

product_05_10.jpg

Phone Battery was draining fast
confused.gif

Started the phone
Started the OPUS by plugging in headphone...then connected both after both turned on.
Seems to have fixed that issue.

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 229
This item is now available here

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/audio-opus-opus-11-portable-headphone-amplifier-usb-dac.html

This is my main rig now.
Honeymoon period is over. My hype brain is calm and it still sounds awesome:D

Excellent review, thanks a lot for sharing!

I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind (I'm seriously considering getting one of these) :

1. Does it also work with streaming services like Spotify etc.?

2. It's OK with me that it's low in power as long as it's also low (very low) on hiss, is that the case?

3. What would you say are the biggest difference in sound between this and the Mojo? I'm not expecting any detailed comparison but just from the top of your head to get some idea.

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 229
Excellent review, thanks a lot for sharing!

I've got a couple of questions if you don't mind (I'm seriously considering getting one of these) :

1. Does it also work with streaming services like Spotify etc.?

2. It's OK with me that it's low in power as long as it's also low (very low) on hiss, is that the case?

3. What would you say are the biggest difference in sound between this and the Mojo? I'm not expecting any detailed comparison but just from the top of your head to get some idea.

hey bro.
Thanks!

#1 Not sure? I am not a streamer but i will join one just to check.

#2 The e18 by FiiO is a big hisser and the iDSD is not a black back drop either (even using the IEM switch..). Compared to those 2 directly it is in fact pretty quiet which is part of the appeal.
**using Sony EX1000**

I have received several items from vendors that will be and have been returned. I will not review them. None of them were new and un-boxed so it may be an inconvenience but nobody is out any money (They paid to ship to me and me to them...+/- = "0".)
I cannot rec items to folks that follow me or trust my word if I am not going to offer to buy and use them myself. It's my own view on the whole matter.
This thing was made by a company that was selling a plastic $600 DAP  ....I was expecting...not much with the hope of being surprised and was kinda blown away.
Was actually totally blown away.

I am on an Android
Use Neutron

The Mojo is outstanding. Will not work directly with my Note 4. Generic driver yes but direct it sounds and plays back at 4x normal speed. iDSD? generic yes but direct and it sound like an A.M. radio station in mono...out of range...horrible. I know that UAPP and ONKYO among others are options but it always bugged me that the one app that ID's the CPU and audio driver would not play back if i selected the option described as being the one to bypass ALSA and audio finger (Android).

Using an Android and Neutron and using the direct driver (the OPUS #11) v.s. the Mojo and a generic patch sounds so close it made me do the video, do the review on Head-Fi and offer to buy it from them.  The tracks I listened to while comparing the 3 (OPUS,Mojo,iDSD)

Played the Floyd track in all it's multi layered masterfully mastered glory like a ******* BOSS!!

Thick as a COZOY, has battery that runs 8 hours and has enough power for a IEM basshead (with some EQ).

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #5 of 229
Hawaiibadboy

Thanks for your answers. If you could be bothered to test 1 when you get the chance I'd really appreciate it.

I'm not a big streamer myself (I use UAPP as my player) but I find myself using Spotify more and more but the lack of support for external dac's in most cases (just like you I've tried a lot of different devices) has started to irritate me but if this works natively with Spotify as well it does indeed look like the perfect Android partner for me as well.

If Spotify works but the signal is processed by Android it honestly wouldn't be the end of the world for me as I wouldn't use Spotify for critical listening anyway.

If you're not able to test it it's of course ok but if you do get the chance I'll be very curious to read your findings.

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 229
@Hawaiibadboy

Thanks for your answers. If you could be bothered to test 1 when you get the chance I'd really appreciate it.

I'm not a big streamer myself (I use UAPP as my player) but I find myself using Spotify more and more but the lack of support for external dac's in most cases (just like you I've tried a lot of different devices) has started to irritate me but if this works natively with Spotify as well it does indeed look like the perfect Android partner for me as well.

If Spotify works but the signal is processed by Android it honestly wouldn't be the end of the world for me as I wouldn't use Spotify for critical listening anyway.

If you're not able to test it it's of course ok but if you do get the chance I'll be very curious to read your findings.

I will let you know.
I get it.
Most everyone has a phone and the # of devices designed to work with them directly is really few and it annoys me to no end.  That little micro-b to micro-b cable got me stoked and it should be automatic. For any Android user that has scoured the internetz for a short micro-b to micro-b (we are an army of folks) they will smile as soon as they see that and the winning keeps on going from there.

Spotify is still not available in Japan

I may not be able to give you that info. Hit em up on FB and ask directly. Pretty responsive group over there at Audio Opus.

From the review comment section:
 Found the details of the Opus #11 in French. Here's the translated version: 
Portable audio DAC Thebit Opus # 11 is compatible with the reading of PCM 32/384 and DSD audio stream 256 via its USB input, has an auxiliary input and a battery of high autonomy.It is also compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad, which it can support the conversion of audio files as well as the flow of online music services (Deezer, Spotify, web radio, etc.). The USB DAC Thebit Opus # 11 can thus be used with any computer and even Android smartphones and tablets that supports USB OTG audio protocol.

In a court of law that would be dismissed as heresay. It has been said though :wink:

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #7 of 229
I will let you know.
I get it.
Most everyone has a phone and the # of devices designed to work with them directly is really few and it annoys me to no end.  That little micro-b to micro-b cable got me stoked and it should be automatic. For any Android user that has scoured the internetz for a short micro-b to micro-b (we are an army of folks) they will smile as soon as they see that and the winning keeps on going from there.

Spotify is still not available in Japan

I may not be able to give you that info. Hit em up on FB and ask directly. Pretty responsive group over there at Audio Opus.

Thanks again!

No FB for me but I'll shoot them an e-mail and ask.

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #8 of 229
Tried this at London can jam with my iPhone and was pleasantly surprised at the level of sq also tried the prototype dac/amp I actually preferd these to the opus 1,let's hope they get the recognition they deserve

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 229
Tried this at London can jam with my iPhone and was pleasantly surprised at the level of sq also tried the prototype dac/amp I actually preferd these to the opus 1,let's hope they get the recognition they deserve

OPUS has a winner on their hands.

Once enough folks who use their phone as their primary transport have a listen it will sell itself.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #12 of 229
 If the guy in the post above you doesn't answer fire him a PM. He used it with an iphone at the London CanJam

Thanks for that. I just received a reply from a dealer I emailed. Unfortunately the 2 needs the CCK. Seems a serious limitation to me. Negates the neat form factor.

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #13 of 229
Thanks for that. I just received a reply from a dealer I emailed. Unfortunately the 2 needs the CCK. Seems a serious limitation to me. Negates the neat form factor.

*cough* http://penonaudio.com/L19-Lightning-to-Micro-USB?search=L19  *cough* 

It should work as it worked for me with my dacs but I don't know for sure if it will work with the opus. Its a true lightning cable with the proper chips and stuff so it wont be messed up after an iPhone software update. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #15 of 229

Darn it HBB, I don't need another Dac I just got the GO V2+ infinity :frowning2: 

How does the MA900 sound with it? And where do I get those MA900 pads? TIA!

Well....

It's like floating down a river except it's not water it's creamy chocolate and those things jutting out of the water are not rocks....they're naked women and you are gonna crash into em any second. You don't care....cuz your naked too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back