Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
May 18, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #2,491 of 3,093
My NFB 11.32 seem to have died, for a week or so now it has randomly shut down only to start back up a minute later.. but today it seems like it has gone completely silent and won't start at all.

Has anyone else had this issue ?

May 23, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #2,492 of 3,093
Is it possible to switch between my NFB 11 and my motherboards sound card?

Right now I have my NFB 11 with usb and my headphones plugged into it and I turn on the NFB 11 when I want to listen with my headphones. However now I would also like to have a regular pair of speakers but plugged directly into the motherboard. When I try to use the speakers no sound comes out.

May 23, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #2,493 of 3,093
I've been slowly reading the thread from page 1, but I don't think I've yet to see a comparison between the Audio-gd NFB 11.32 and the Chord Mojo.

For background info I mainly use my IEM's because I wear glasses and full size cans always felt somewhat uncomfortable. Could anyone shed light on how the NFB 11.32 compare to the Chord Mojo?

May 24, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #2,494 of 3,093
Is it possible to switch between my NFB 11 and my motherboards sound card?

Right now I have my NFB 11 with usb and my headphones plugged into it and I turn on the NFB 11 when I want to listen with my headphones. However now I would also like to have a regular pair of speakers but plugged directly into the motherboard. When I try to use the speakers no sound comes out.

Check your default sound device, should have sound from motherboard. You can have more than one audio device connected to a PC.

I've been slowly reading the thread from page 1, but I don't think I've yet to see a comparison between the Audio-gd NFB 11.32 and the Chord Mojo.

For background info I mainly use my IEM's because I wear glasses and full size cans always felt somewhat uncomfortable. Could anyone shed light on how the NFB 11.32 compare to the Chord Mojo?

I just got a Mojo in this week and haven't had a long time to compare. But from brief A/B, the only difference I can discern is that the Mojo is slightly warmer to my ears, and this might be all in my head. The difference is very small to my ears. I would pick either device more for the form factor. I don't have sensitive IEMs to compare, but full-sized headphones, both drive my sets of headphones with no problem. Hope that helps.

May 24, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #2,495 of 3,093
I just got a Mojo in this week and haven't had a long time to compare. But from brief A/B, the only difference I can discern is that the Mojo is slightly warmer to my ears, and this might be all in my head. The difference is very small to my ears. I would pick either device more for the form factor. I don't have sensitive IEMs to compare, but full-sized headphones, both drive my sets of headphones with no problem. Hope that helps.

Yes, that information helps a lot. Thank you! I might just end up getting both; NFB for desktop use, Mojo for portable.

May 24, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #2,496 of 3,093
Yes, that information helps a lot. Thank you! I might just end up getting both; NFB for desktop use, Mojo for portable.

Yea, I have that setup going. One for office, one for portable, and an ifi idsd bl for office. I got the three to compare and ended up keeping them all haha. Drop an impression if you do end up getting the two. Good luck with your choice, either is great imho.

May 24, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2,497 of 3,093
Yea, I have that setup going. One for office, one for portable, and an ifi idsd bl for office. I got the three to compare and ended up keeping them all haha. Drop an impression if you do end up getting the two. Good luck with your choice, either is great imho.

For sure. Thanks a lot for helping out!

May 24, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #2,498 of 3,093
Just purchased this device (NFB-11.32 used, device is from somwhere around 2012-2013), and must say I am really, really disappointed. People have hyped this thing to be something ascended from the heavens, and after some guy on Reddit (Diablo or whatever his name was) recommended me to pair with the Monoprice Monolith M1060, which I also purchased new, I decided to go for it. My upgrade was from the Fidelio X2 with O2+ODAC/Fiio E09K + E17.

Tbh, I am not even sure if I installed the drivers correctly. Pressing the “Setup” button in the file would not work, as I constantly got errors, so I just found the “Vista” folder in Device Manager and got these numbers on the Firmware tool: http://i.imgur.com/aw8nYdw.png

Anyways…after putting my M1060 on with the NFB 11.32, and connecting it to my PC through USB, I was really disappointed at the sound output. I may have felt a bit more detail, but the bass felt completely gone. Listening to any songs with any amount of bass was out of the question, as it simply did not exist when connected to the NFB-11. All rock music fell flat. For comparison, I tried the M1060 with the O2+ODAC, and the clearity was more or less just as good. The bass however was noticeably better here. What was even more strange was the fact that I could get to much higher volume levels on the O2+ODAC, which for me doesn’t make any sense.

I constantly tried both devices with the M1060 back and forth, and came to the conclusion that the M1060 didn’t really provide any strong differences in detail level – at least in Spotify – for me. The O2+ODAC, was detailed enough and at least didn’t ruin the bass.

I’m looking forward to trying the M1060 with the Fiio E09K + E17 which I will receive back from the repair center next week. But my initial impression with the NFB 11, or at least 11.32, is that it’s nowhere near as good as people make it to be. I’ve never really been a big fan of the O2+ODAC, and absolutely hated using it with the Fidelio X2 compared to the E09K + E17. But now I don’t really see the point of the NFB-11.

Maybe I got a faulty device. Maybe I didn’t install the drivers correctly. Maybe the newer NFB-11 versions are better. I honestly don’t know. But I’m seriously considering either just selling it off and sticking with the O2+ODAC, or selling it off and buy a newer NFB-11 and hope for improvement (if there even is one).

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #2,499 of 3,093
Check your default sound device, should have sound from motherboard. You can have more than one audio device connected to a PC.

This ended up fixing my problem but it wasn't this simple for me. I will describe what I had to do here in case it helps someone else in the future. I tried to switch the default sound device but there was nothing there other than the Audio GD SPDIF Interface. When I turned off the NFB 11 then there was no sound device at all.

I realized the Realtek Audio device that every computer normally has in the system tray was missing and it was also missing from the device manager. I tried updating the Realtek drivers, uninstalling, re-installing and then got the message in the device manager that the "Device cannot start error code 010". I had no idea what was wrong and then with some research I tried checking the BIOS. In my motherboard BIOS, the motherboard audio device was set to disabled for some reason so I unchecked that, restarted and everything works great now. I can switch between the NFB 11 and my motherboard sound card. Thanks!

May 25, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #2,500 of 3,093
Just purchased this device (NFB-11.32 used, device is from somwhere around 2012-2013), and must say I am really, really disappointed. People have hyped this thing to be something ascended from the heavens, and after some guy on Reddit (Diablo or whatever his name was) recommended me to pair with the Monoprice Monolith M1060, which I also purchased new, I decided to go for it. My upgrade was from the Fidelio X2 with O2+ODAC/Fiio E09K + E17.

Tbh, I am not even sure if I installed the drivers correctly. Pressing the “Setup” button in the file would not work, as I constantly got errors, so I just found the “Vista” folder in Device Manager and got these numbers on the Firmware tool: http://i.imgur.com/aw8nYdw.png

Anyways…after putting my M1060 on with the NFB 11.32, and connecting it to my PC through USB, I was really disappointed at the sound output. I may have felt a bit more detail, but the bass felt completely gone. Listening to any songs with any amount of bass was out of the question, as it simply did not exist when connected to the NFB-11. All rock music fell flat. For comparison, I tried the M1060 with the O2+ODAC, and the clearity was more or less just as good. The bass however was noticeably better here. What was even more strange was the fact that I could get to much higher volume levels on the O2+ODAC, which for me doesn’t make any sense.

I constantly tried both devices with the M1060 back and forth, and came to the conclusion that the M1060 didn’t really provide any strong differences in detail level – at least in Spotify – for me. The O2+ODAC, was detailed enough and at least didn’t ruin the bass.

I’m looking forward to trying the M1060 with the Fiio E09K + E17 which I will receive back from the repair center next week. But my initial impression with the NFB 11, or at least 11.32, is that it’s nowhere near as good as people make it to be. I’ve never really been a big fan of the O2+ODAC, and absolutely hated using it with the Fidelio X2 compared to the E09K + E17. But now I don’t really see the point of the NFB-11.

Maybe I got a faulty device. Maybe I didn’t install the drivers correctly. Maybe the newer NFB-11 versions are better. I honestly don’t know. But I’m seriously considering either just selling it off and sticking with the O2+ODAC, or selling it off and buy a newer NFB-11 and hope for improvement (if there even is one).
I'm really surprised to hear that. I do know the 2015 version is supposedly a noticeable improvement, but to say they sound that bad is interesting. I certainly don't notice a lack of bass on mine with my LCD-2's.

May 25, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #2,501 of 3,093
I'm really surprised to hear that. I do know the 2015 version is supposedly a noticeable improvement, but to say they sound that bad is interesting. I certainly don't notice a lack of bass on mine with my LCD-2's.

Yeah, would love someone who have tried both 11.32 and 11 to clarify the differences, as I'm wondering whether I should purchase the newer NFB-11 (if there isn't a new one coming out any time soon). The NFB-11.32 isn't as bad as I described, after having tried it more. I think it was also enhanced by how disappointed I was by the M1060 (which was supposedly amazing according to many reviewers, but even paired with the NFB 11.32, I found them to be quite a bit unclear and harsh when loud, and lacking sub-bass. Listening to certain genres, like rock, is almost out of the question). Weirdly enough, the NFB-11.32 did more for my X2 than it did for the 1060, when compared to the O2+ODAC.

May 25, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #2,502 of 3,093
Yeah, would love someone who have tried both 11.32 and 11 to clarify the differences, as I'm wondering whether I should purchase the newer NFB-11 (if there isn't a new one coming out any time soon). The NFB-11.32 isn't as bad as I described, after having tried it more. I think it was also enhanced by how disappointed I was by the M1060 (which was supposedly amazing according to many reviewers, but even paired with the NFB 11.32, I found them to be quite a bit unclear and harsh when loud, and lacking sub-bass. Listening to certain genres, like rock, is almost out of the question). Weirdly enough, the NFB-11.32 did more for my X2 than it did for the 1060, when compared to the O2+ODAC.

I don't know of the changes between the two version. But have you tried different gain settings on them? I also have a m1060 and notice on the high settings, there is more punch and there is definitely sub-bass on either setting. But I also did the audeze vegan pad swap on the m1060.

May 26, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #2,503 of 3,093
I have tried both low and high gain. I always have it at high gain, as low gain barely allows me to max the volume to where I want it compared to high gain.

The installation of the 11.32 drivers has also had terrible side effects on my mouse sensitivity. 2 times a day the sensitivity of my Rival 300 mouse all of the sudden completely drop to horribly low levels, and there's no way to fix it -- not even taking in and out the USB. Only way is to change to a different mouse or restart the computer. So I have to keep an extra Rival 300 by my side every time it happens.

Last edited:
May 27, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #2,505 of 3,093
Looking at older reviews, I'm kind of disappointed the volume pot is not buttery smooth. Definitely grainy especially in the 6-9 O'clock region

Users who are viewing this thread

Back