Audeze SINE Series
Jun 21, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #3,556 of 4,775
Than
IMG_20170622_084240.png

IMG_20170622_084323.png

19401535_10214075953872015_1356557260_o.png

There doesn't appear to be any negative impact to the sound, using the Momentum pads. Honestly, it is a bit difficult to A/B as it takes time to switch the pads over, and the difference is very subtle.
The bass 'maybe' lightens up a bit with the Momentum pads, but I can't say that for certain - honestly, the improvement in comfort that comes with switching to a set of over-ear pads is certainly worth it.

The sound with the on-ear pads changes as you move them around, which is something that you will be doing often, given how uncomfortable they are. The Momentum pads however, are comfortable the moment you put them on.

From what I've read, the 2cm pads give the best sound, which coincidentally, is the same thickness as the Momentum pads. I'm leaning towards genuine leather + alcantara, but I'm still unsure what foam to go with.

// Alex

Thanks Alex for the reply. The leather + alcantara pads do look good. Plus they are angled with a perforated middle. That design is similar to the pads Hifiman put on the HE-1000 V2. They sound like an excellent choice for the Audeze Sines. My next question is how do you place an order for them? I wish their site was more conventional.

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #3,557 of 4,775
Than

Thanks Alex for the reply. The leather + alcantara pads do look good. Plus they are angled with a perforated middle. That design is similar to the pads Hifiman put on the HE-1000 V2. They sound like an excellent choice for the Audeze Sines. My next question is how do you place an order for them? I wish their site was more conventional.
【森海塞尔/SENNHEISER 大馒头二代 MOMENTUM 皮套 耳机罩 海绵套】,点击链接再选择浏览器打开http://c.b1yt.com/h.Q9ln0x?cv=UVnSZCB8ibp&sm=93c9a3 ,或复制这条信息¥UVnSZCB8ibp¥后打开手机淘宝

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #3,558 of 4,775
Than

Initially I was looking at the angled pads, but I am concerned that the angling will negatively effect the soundstage given that the headphones weren't tuned for angled pads.
I've been chatting to the guy over email, he responds quickly, and apparently accepts PayPal, and a few other payment methods that I haven't heard of - I've got a PayPal account linked to my debit card, so it should be easy enough to order.

// Alex

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #3,559 of 4,775
It seems Audeze rejected my order because my shipping and billing addresses are not the same. I wish they had indicated this in any way before or during the checkout process. We'll see if Audeze's support is able to help me or not. Otherwise the Meze will win by default!

EDIT: So I heard back from Audeze and they basically kindly told me to screw off, saying that regardless of the reason why, rejected orders will always be rejected again.

Having contempt for your customers isn't a very good look. I was hoping to buy a pair of LCD-Pros as soon as I could, but I'm going to seriously reconsider whether I want to purchase anything from Audeze again. I was really excited to finally own an Audeze again (I love their house sound), and have wanted to for quite some time. I'm extremely disappointed.

I asked that they consider noting on their site during checkout that shipping and billing addresses must be the same, but they didn't seem interested in entertaining my request.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #3,560 of 4,775
It seems Audeze rejected my order because my shipping and billing addresses are not the same. I wish they had indicated this in any way before or during the checkout process. We'll see if Audeze's support is able to help me or not. Otherwise the Meze will win by default!

EDIT: So I heard back from Audeze and they basically kindly told me to screw off, saying that regardless of the reason why, rejected orders will always be rejected again.

Having contempt for your customers isn't a very good look. I was hoping to buy a pair of LCD-Pros as soon as I could, but I'm going to seriously reconsider whether I want to purchase anything from Audeze again. I was really excited to finally own an Audeze again (I love their house sound), and have wanted to for quite some time. I'm extremely disappointed.

I asked that they consider noting on their site during checkout that shipping and billing addresses must be the same, but they didn't seem interested in entertaining my request.

Well, having similar experience. Keep posted.

Jun 23, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #3,561 of 4,775

My addresses didn't match either. BUT, I used their "Affirm" system to finance. Right now the order status has made it to the "processed - waiting to ship" stage. Fingers crossed that they will actually ship today.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #3,564 of 4,775
Let me know how it goes, their support basically pushed me out the door as fast as they could.

It's frustrating, my credit history is literally flawless (I don't even have a single late payment), yet they don't want me as a customer.

oh dear. we have an email receipt issued by Audeze, the brilliant support claims several times that they cannot find the information of the customer. GREAT!

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #3,566 of 4,775
I was fortunate enough to be able to get the same deal through my local Audeze distributor. Sorry to hear that you guys are having such a nightmare ordering :frowning2:

Edit: I ended up pulling the trigger on a pair of Vesper Audio over-ear genuine leather + alcantara 2cm thick pads with memory foam. I'll let you guys know what they're like when they arrive.

// Alex

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #3,569 of 4,775
Got my Sine's with cipher cable today and plugged them into my iPhone 7 Plus. Opened the Audeze app, updated the cipher cable and began listening. I had to turn the volume all the up to get acceptable volume levels out of the Sine's with the cipher cable. This was in stark contrast when using my iSine 20's with the cipher cable because they get plenty loud. So I was expecting a similar experience with the Sine's and it didn't happen. Is my cipher cable defective or is this the volume level I can expect out of the Sine's when using the cipher cable?

I tried them with my Oppo HA-2SE and Mojo and they sounded absolutely fantastic out of both of them! I thought they paired better with the Oppo. The Mojo accentuated the treble to much for my ears. The Mojo does have more power than the Oppo but I like tonality of the Oppo better with the Sines. But my concern is still with cipher cable. I thought it would be drive the Sines better.

Jun 24, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #3,570 of 4,775
Got my Sine's with cipher cable today and plugged them into my iPhone 7 Plus. Opened the Audeze app, updated the cipher cable and began listening. I had to turn the volume all the up to get acceptable volume levels out of the Sine's with the cipher cable. This was in stark contrast when using my iSine 20's with the cipher cable because they get plenty loud. So I was expecting a similar experience with the Sine's and it didn't happen. Is my cipher cable defective or is this the volume level I can expect out of the Sine's when using the cipher cable?

I tried them with my Oppo HA-2SE and Mojo and they sounded absolutely fantastic out of both of them! I thought they paired better with the Oppo. The Mojo accentuated the treble to much for my ears. The Mojo does have more power than the Oppo but I like tonality of the Oppo better with the Sines. But my concern is still with cipher cable. I thought it would be drive the Sines better.

Your Oppo finding is similar to my experience. I also have the Mojo as well as a Cowon P1 (with extensive eq capabilities) and an AK70. Whilst the Cowon can sound better with eq tweaking, you literally have to change it with each album. The Oppo on the other hand sounds good from the start, especially with the bass boost engaged. Very synergistic pairing.

Regards,

Giles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back