Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jul 23, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #601 of 4,786
Are you guys preferring the hooks or the locks with them?

Jul 23, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #602 of 4,786
Are you guys preferring the hooks or the locks with them?
I use the earlocks. They fit in my ears comfortably, and although they seemed a little wobbly to begin with, they are actually in there quite securely. Now that my ears are used to the earlocks, I can wear the i4s comfortably all day. I found the ear hooks less comfortable; however, from the isine and this thread, it sounds like the earlocks don't work for a lot of people's ears and many prefer the hooks. Think it just depends on how each person's ears are shaped.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #604 of 4,786
IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0439.JPG IMG_0448.JPG IMG_0449.JPG IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0397.JPG Some pictures of my i4

Attachments

• IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jul 23, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #605 of 4,786
i see on the audeze website they sell the tips as a package of 3 small,med,lg......does anyone know if one is able to buy a package of one size not all 3...in other words of i wanted only the small or the medium etc could i order that?...also do comply tips fit the lcd-i4?

Jul 23, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #606 of 4,786
According to the Comply website the 600 size designation fits the iSine20 so the 600 should also fit the i4? I am thinking about trying a set of these but wanted to try the i4 with the ridged tips first.

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #608 of 4,786
Jul 24, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #609 of 4,786
I'm a fan of Comply isolation tips and like them on my ISINE 20's but do not like them on my LCDi4's. I feel they somewhat take away from the sparkle and add more bass. That may work for some users but I am pleased with the existing sound signature and was only looking at the Comply tips for a more secure fit with the ear locks. I went back to the stock silicone ribbed tips which work well for me.

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #610 of 4,786
I received mine today. Haven't played with eartips, earlocks or hooks yet, but couldn't resist to quickly try it out, simply holding it near my ears. I attached my Lavricables balanced cable and started playing an Arnold Bax Symphony from my AK240 (the SP1000 isn't there yet). Even without burn-in on the earphones and on the cable (150hours are recommended) I was impressed by the spaciousness and the amount of the details I heard. Can't wait to see how it's going to sound when properly worn, with my final player and with the proper burn-in. The only problem is that the cable is a bit too stiff for use with the included support (I went with the Ultimate one for sonical reasons), it just doesn't fit into the leather case anymore with everything in place, I'll have to think to another solution to bring the whole around. But that's not Audeze's fault (or well, it is as such an high caliber product would have deserved an "in-house" balanced solution right from the start).

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #611 of 4,786
when I tested LCD-i4, Fourté and SHURE, I came to the conclusion that I much prefered the uber-precision and un-coloured sound of the SHURE. Of course the i4 offer a bigger sound stage, but ME i am not so much looking after big soundstage. In fact I quite like "sound in the head".

- direct out of the SP1000; ranking was : SHURE > FOURTE > LCD-i4
- out of HUGO 2, ranking becomes : SHURE > LCD-i4 > FOURTE

Obviously, unless you haver a KANN, the LCD-i4 need an external AMP to shine.

Kse1500 shure is nice and still is the best for instrumental acoustics and recordings which doesnt have lots of post process. The i4 is better it in every other genres to me. The fourte... i wouldnt pay 1000 bucks for that.

Something cheaper that actually impressed me is the inear prophile8 with all the switches turned off. Great value for the performance

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #612 of 4,786
Kse1500 shure is nice and still is the best for instrumental acoustics and recordings which doesnt have lots of post process. The i4 is better it in every other genres to me. The fourte... i wouldnt pay 1000 bucks for that.

Something cheaper that actually impressed me is the inear prophile8 with all the switches turned off. Great value for the performance

interesting indeed this prophile8 with its 2 adjustments cobs.

- Please tell me what you did not liked in the Fourté ? Didn't at least you find it more "fun" than the SHURE or the LCD-i4 ?

- What are the most recommended after market cable for the LCD-i4 ?

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #613 of 4,786
One unexpected thing: the included USB stick contained 2 very short manuals: one for iSINEs, one for generic over-ear-LCD headphones, such as LCD4 or LCD3 (why should I care??)! Audeze, are you kidding me?? A 2000+$ product and you are unable to put a LCDi4 specific manual together (I know it's conceptually similar to iSINE, but!)? There's no sign of the LCDi4 in what you included, I can see specs for any possible Audeze head- and earphones but the one I bought, lol! And the support videos about how to use hooks and locks? Why not include them as there's enough space?
Product itself already sounds fabolous and that's what counts, but such choices make me wonder...

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #614 of 4,786
One unexpected thing: the included USB stick contained 2 very short manuals: one for iSINEs, one for generic over-ear-LCD headphones, such as LCD4 or LCD3 (why should I care??)! Audeze, are you kidding me?? A 2000+$ product and you are unable to put a LCDi4 specific manual together (I know it's conceptually similar to iSINE, but!)? There's no sign of the LCDi4 in what you included, I can see specs for any possible Audeze head- and earphones but the one I bought, lol! And the support videos about how to use hooks and locks? Why not include them as there's enough space?
Product itself already sounds fabolous and that's what counts, but such choices make me wonder...

The LCDi4 manual will be included in the future shipments. Looks like the USB drive was not updated correctly. Please PM us your email id and we will mail you the manual.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 24, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #615 of 4,786
The LCDi4 manual will be included in the future shipments. Looks like the USB drive was not updated correctly. Please PM us your email id and we will mail you the manual.

Same for me. PM sent. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back