Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #11,117 of 13,132
Can I ask why you are selling them?

I now have the iSine 20s which I can use at home or as a mobile solution so they are surplus to requirements. I was made redundant a few weeks ago so I'm also raising funds wherever I can.

Jul 21, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #11,118 of 13,132
I now have the iSine 20s which I can use at home or as a mobile solution so they are surplus to requirements. I was made redundant a few weeks ago so I'm also raising funds wherever I can.
Sorry to hear about your job, good luck with your sale, I'll ask around with some of my friends who are not on Head-Fi to see if anyone is interested.

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #11,119 of 13,132
Sorry to hear about your job, good luck with your sale, I'll ask around with some of my friends who are not on Head-Fi to see if anyone is interested.
Thanks, much appreciated

Jul 21, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #11,120 of 13,132
so I'm looking to pack my pair up for shipment to send off to a new house (can't carry them/check through baggage on flight), does anyone know how exactly they fit back into this hardshell case?! they don't seem to fit very much at all without forcing them into what feels like kind of a tense position and also squish the top foam heavily. is that how its supposed to be? hmm

Jul 21, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #11,121 of 13,132
so I'm looking to pack my pair up for shipment to send off to a new house (can't carry them/check through baggage on flight), does anyone know how exactly they fit back into this hardshell case?! they don't seem to fit very much at all without forcing them into what feels like kind of a tense position and also squish the top foam heavily. is that how its supposed to be? hmm

I'm not sure if they've changed the hardcase since I purchased my LCD-2 (pre-Fazor), but I just lower the headband all the way and they drop right in to the case.

IMG_4972.JPG

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #11,122 of 13,132
New owner of the LCD-2F, now the wallet is almost empty, wonder if any owner knows of a AMP/DAC combo, would be nice if its a little on warm side and greater still if it adds sound stage...bonus points for XLR balanced output.

Now bad news is I have very limited money, £200 at a total push.

Seen many £100 ones and there is always Ebay, might find a one for a bargain.

Long shot, but worth a trying owners of same cans.

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #11,123 of 13,132
New owner of the LCD-2F, now the wallet is almost empty, wonder if any owner knows of a AMP/DAC combo, would be nice if its a little on warm side and greater still if it adds sound stage...bonus points for XLR balanced output.

good luck with that - VERY limited budget

however this might be worth a read

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001679626-Headphone-Amp-Suggestions

also i used to own the cayin c5 (only an amp version) and that was a great powerful little amp - never had it with the lcd2 though

i don;t know modi/magni combo maybe
or odac/o2 perhaps???

others will let you know or the respective threads of those ideas

good luck

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #11,124 of 13,132

Why did you buy the LCD-2 if your budget is limited? You could of bought a HD650 rig for the price of the LCD-2F and had better resolution, no sucked out mids and money to spare!

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #11,125 of 13,132

I have no suggestions in that price range, sorry.

I'm using the Audio-GD NFB-28 DAC&Amp combo. It's balanced (XLR), and will give the LCD-2 as much soundstage as it's likely to get. Which is not a lot, as these headphones don't excel in that regard. The NFB-28 has a very natural timbre, which to me means there is a hint of warmth. But for the most part, it's just very, very neutral, and highly resolving and detailed. What I like most, is how full-bodied and realistic it sounds.

You will have to save up for it, though. It's nowhere near your requested price range :wink:

To be honest, though, you really need to look at the $350 range, as a base. The LCD-2 should have a decent source, or why did you buy it in the first place, you know?

The JDS Labs Element may be a good choice for you.

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #11,126 of 13,132
Thanks for suggestions.

The why? a very good price, heard them before but on a good setup.

I will buy a bigger and better dac/amp but got a wee one who comes first, so lack of budget, just want something to get me through a year+.

Plus I bought a Cain I5 and Westone W40 at start of year, need to calm down lol

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #11,127 of 13,132
The LCD-2 doesn't really scale and isn't very resolving so you don't need a high end set up like the HD800, Utopia, Elear, H600 series etc but at your budget there's not really any good amp dac combos.

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #11,128 of 13,132
The LCD-2 doesn't really scale and isn't very resolving so you don't need a high end set up like the HD800, Utopia, Elear, H600 series etc but at your budget there's not really any good amp dac combos.

Welcome back. How many accounts is this now? You've been banned so many times I've lost count.

For anyone not familiar, this guy's opinion is not backed by any form of reality. He has an obsession with trolling the net touting his religion: The HD650 is awesome (well, it is) and the LCD-2 is not (it is also).

He keeps getting banned because he's incapable of following the rules for long. And, of course, once you're banned for life, no amount of new accounts absolves you of that.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to prove who this is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back