Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 25, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #3,136 of 7,348
Thank you!
I'll try both tomorrow.

The "convolver" is this one, right? http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_convolve

Yes that is the one.

If you want to try a parametric EQ with Foobar, you will need a vst plugin. Since Foobar does not support VST out of the box, you will have to install a VST host (look for foo_vst), then install a parametric EQ plugin inside inside the host. I know DMG Equilibrium works well within foobar, but if you want a free yet very advanced plugin, Electric-Q is a good option (no support currently, you click and learn).

Below is the Cipher EQ equivalent through Foobar's graphic-equalizer and also what the actual frequency response looks like if you capture the output from the graphic-eq.
FoobarGEQSettings.jpg
FoobarCipherGEQ.jpg

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #3,138 of 7,348
Yes that is the one.

If you want to try a parametric EQ with Foobar, you will need a vst plugin. Since Foobar does not support VST out of the box, you will have to install a VST host (look for foo_vst), then install a parametric EQ plugin inside inside the host. I know DMG Equilibrium works well within foobar, but if you want a free yet very advanced plugin, Electric-Q is a good option (no support currently, you click and learn).

Below is the Cipher EQ equivalent through Foobar's graphic-equalizer and also what the actual frequency response looks like if you capture the output from the graphic-eq.

Thank you again!
I didn't try the parametric yet, but the regular one has already made a night and day difference for my iSine 20.
It was unlistenable before, sounds pretty good now.
This EQ should be posted on Audeze's site, so all the customers can use it, regardless of their platform of choice.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #3,139 of 7,348
Thank you again!
I didn't try the parametric yet, but the regular one has already made a night and day difference for my iSine 20.
This EQ should be posted on Audeze's site, so all the customers can use it, regardless of their platform of choice.
So.. long lost OP here, returning to the thread, i am strongly inclined to agree with this..

Finally got a chance to pick up a pari of new i10's, and i am certainly impressed with the feel and design. But with the standard 3.5mm cable, out of the box, i was almost ready to return them within 5 minutes. Now, to be fair, during the day i had been using my LCD-2s but they are currently underpowered thanks to my pathetic work computer, so i was hoping i wouldn't be too biased (besides, people seem to compare these iSines to the LCD line alot). I connected the i10s to my Plenue 1/Cayin i5 stack, sat back, and.... fell flat. Doing more reading of course led me to the EQ options (especially with how people loved the cypher sound). fiddling around, and doing A/B comparions..

night an day. Now, i dont think these quite beat my non fazor LCD-2s, but they sound MUCH better than before; i am enjoying them for several hours now. Assuming i do keep them, i will have to get a new cable.. this flat ribbon is.......... yeah......

Also, i am sure its long ago noted, but well done on even the packaging. It felt incredibly professional and well done; i really felt i paid more than i did for the whole package..

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #3,140 of 7,348
Based on your recommandations, I just sent a mail to ONSO to ask for a balanced cable for my just arrived iSine20 (the standard NON Apple version)

In the mean time are there other 3rd party cable that has been tested with the iSine and offered a SUBSTANTIAL sound improvement ? And based on the SQ of the iSine, is coper, silver or coper+silver that is recommended ?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #3,141 of 7,348
Hi guys. I recently lost my se846 and just picked up an isine 20 from B&H. First impression, congested? :frowning2: Paired up with my galaxy s8, the isine 20 seems like not suitable for classical? In the box it says the 20s had been properly burnt in so its ready for use, so there's no change of it opening up more?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #3,143 of 7,348
Hi guys. I recently lost my se846 and just picked up an isine 20 from B&H. First impression, congested? :frowning2: Paired up with my galaxy s8, the isine 20 seems like not suitable for classical? In the box it says the 20s had been properly burnt in so its ready for use, so there's no change of it opening up more?

It's not you its the tuning without the cipher cable or eq. I can't listen to this without either one.

Try to use the eq settings that's been discussed before you send them back.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #3,144 of 7,348
It's not you its the tuning without the cipher cable or eq. I can't listen to this without either one.

Try to use the eq settings that's been discussed before you send them back.

Any chance you can share me an equivalent eq setting for power amp?

I guess my ears not really meant for isine 20 if things dont improve after my eq

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #3,145 of 7,348
Any chance you can share me an equivalent eq setting for power amp?

I guess my ears not really meant for isine 20 if things dont improve after my eq

try this
31. 0dB
63. 0dB
125. -2dB
250. -5dB
500. -5dB
1k. -5dB
2k. +1dB
4k. +3dB
8k. -3dB
16k. +1dB

(I raised the bass a little bit more than this though, around 4dB)

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #3,146 of 7,348
I am still surprised at the people saying how bad they sound without EQ. While I wouldn't recommend playing these directly off an android phone with the stock cable they sound ok to me even without eq

My favorite combo right now at work is off my surface book with foobar 2000 with the above eq settings connected to hifime sabre 9018 usb dac then connected to my fiio e17k - sounds fantastic :) I have the isine 10 btw

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #3,148 of 7,348
I am still surprised at the people saying how bad they sound without EQ. While I wouldn't recommend playing these directly off an android phone with the stock cable they sound ok to me even without eq

My favorite combo right now at work is off my surface book with foobar 2000 with the above eq settings connected to hifime sabre 9018 usb dac then connected to my fiio e17k - sounds fantastic :) I have the isine 10 btw

Yeah its probably just not my cup of tea; Doesn't mean the isine 20 is not good.

Well if ever I might just go back to the Z5s.

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #3,149 of 7,348
Isine20/Forza Audio Cable with Hifiman HM901.

Is this Forza cable really improve the soind of the iShine ? is it a coper, silver . or . coper+Silver version ? what price ?

Thanks in advance

PS : I like the plastic " L " plug on the ear piece. They must be lighter and more confortable than those strait heavy metal plugs !

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #3,150 of 7,348
Thank you again!
Hate to be the jerk here but shouldn't the EQ be the default tuning. Why should we have to EQ it to get what you and some others have said a night and day difference. Shouldn't it sound like that out of the box. Not saying the cipher EQ is the best but very few if any have said it's worst than non cipher EQ. Your average consumer does not touch EQ nor do they know how to use it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back