Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #3,091 of 7,348
I find I get a better response on my DX200 (Amp1) with a balanced 2.5 cable and gain boosted. Noticeably better than default cable. Not a iPhone type guy, hate Apple products.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #3,092 of 7,348
Just got my iSine 10 in yesterday. Only got the 3.5 mm cable as I don't use apple products. This is my first planar audio device, and I finally see what all of the hype is about. I've been throwing every genre that I have at them, and they respond well to all of them. My biggest surprise is the bass. It knows when to get out of the way and when to pump out some wattage. Anybody have any reasonable priced 2.5 mm balanced cable that they would like to recommend. Running these out of my Opus #1.

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #3,093 of 7,348
Well.. for me, isine20 out of the qp1r on regular cable is almost unlistenable without some heavy EQing.
Too shouty or honky like early aurisonics asg-1s with those infamous 1-2khz bumps.
But with the cipher cable connected my iPhone 6s, isine20 transforms into one of the best listening devices.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,095 of 7,348
Got to listen to the Isine 20 again today. This time I got to EQ the subbass and liked what I heard. The subbass is there and plays it clean. I was using V20 with Neutron and the Fiio E12DIY in high bandwidth mode. I basically just used the same EQ profile as my SZ2000 and liked what I heard.

There was one problem though. The left channel dropped out for a bit for whatever reason. First I though it was the source and nothing. Plugging the I-20 back into the amp after a bit and all was fine again. So I don't know if there is a bad connection inside the driver or not.

20170720_142541.jpg

Jul 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #3,097 of 7,348
Got to listen to the Isine 20 again today. This time I got to EQ the subbass and liked what I heard. The subbass is there and plays it clean. I was using V20 with Neutron and the Fiio E12DIY in high bandwidth mode. I basically just used the same EQ profile as my SZ2000 and liked what I heard.

There was one problem though. The left channel dropped out for a bit for whatever reason. First I though it was the source and nothing. Plugging the I-20 back into the amp after a bit and all was fine again. So I don't know if there is a bad connection inside the driver or not.

Glad to see you in here bro!

Yeah, eq is a must for these things. I have the 10s and like them a lot, don't know if the 20s are worth it.

Jul 21, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #3,099 of 7,348
Tyll's review is good but I totally disagree with his assertion that the isine only sounds good with the lightning cable.

JMHO

TWIN

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #3,101 of 7,348
Do the Isine 20 without Cipher Cable have the Audeze house sound? I really like it. I wouldn't have a problem if it was a tad different if that were the case. Wouldn't matter either way really as long as it is pretty similar.

Thank you

Riley

Jul 22, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #3,102 of 7,348
Do the Isine 20 without Cipher Cable have the Audeze house sound? I really like it. I wouldn't have a problem if it was a tad different if that were the case. Wouldn't matter either way really as long as it is pretty similar.

Thank you

Riley
The Audeze house sound is there without the Cipher cable. It's just that the Cipher cable brings out the best of the iSIne's to me. Adding the Cipher cable is like scaling up with better equipment.

Jul 22, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #3,103 of 7,348
Tyll's review is good but I totally disagree with his assertion that the isine only sounds good with the lightning cable.

JMHO

TWIN

Agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back