Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Jul 15, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #3,061 of 7,348
ok the cables on the isines gots to go.

did any of you diy guys find connectors with the notch in it? Or which cable maker has cables with the connector?

Saw an ebay seller offering a balanced cable with the connectors for iSines. Has the right connector. Cables are pricey but look nice, granted they are balanced, which you may not need.

Jul 15, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #3,062 of 7,348

did any of you diy guys find connectors with the notch in it? Or which cable maker has cables with the connector?
It's a standard 0.78mm 2-pin connector. It's often listed as 0.78mm 2-pin CIEM. Most cable makers have them.

The best value cables, which also perform superbly and are very well made are the Onso cables. If you look at my posting history you'll find links. They have most connectors and are great with the iSines.

Jul 15, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #3,063 of 7,348

It's a standard 0.78mm 2-pin connector. It's often listed as 0.78mm 2-pin CIEM. Most cable makers have them.

The best value cables, which also perform superbly and are very well made are the Onso cables. If you look at my posting history you'll find links. They have most connectors and are great with the iSines.
+1 what Sarnia said. It was thanks to him the that I found out about Onso.
9000¥ from ikebe music Japan, 4.4mm trrrs balanced, 2pin rhodium with the notch. Not tangly, light, great price. The service and communication from Ikebe was exemplary. It's not often I mail back after I receive a product to give my gratitude.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #3,065 of 7,348
Listening to the iSine20 on Mojo and what a wonderful pairing! Been reading the LCDi4 thread and really thinking about swapping out for the i4s.
Darn this hobby... no respect for my wallet at all.

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #3,066 of 7,348
Listening to the iSine20 on Mojo and what a wonderful pairing! Been reading the LCDi4 thread and really thinking about swapping out for the i4s.
Darn this hobby... no respect for my wallet at all.
The iSines with the Mojo do sound nice but I still prefer them with the cipher cable. Like you, I've been checking out the LCD-i4 thread and I'm suddenly feeling the "upgrade" bug too, lol. But the iSine 20's that I have sound darn good and I'm really wondering if the LCD-i4's are that much better. From I've been reading other headfiers say they are. I wish I had a local Audeze shop near me so I could get a listen to LCD-i4's. Then I'd be to make an informed decision and satisfy this upgrade craving I have for them at the same time.

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #3,067 of 7,348
If anyone want to get rid go their Cipher cable for the iSine10/20, please contact me.
I'm trying to make a project with that cable, but can't get it from Audeze as a spare part unless I can provide a serial for them.

Very happy if anyone could help out!

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #3,068 of 7,348
The iSines with the Mojo do sound nice but I still prefer them with the cipher cable. Like you, I've been checking out the LCD-i4 thread and I'm suddenly feeling the "upgrade" bug too, lol. But the iSine 20's that I have sound darn good and I'm really wondering if the LCD-i4's are that much better. From I've been reading other headfiers say they are. I wish I had a local Audeze shop near me so I could get a listen to LCD-i4's. Then I'd be to make an informed decision and satisfy this upgrade craving I have for them at the same time.
I've got both the LCD-i4 and iSine 20 and have been comparing them for a few days.

If there is no ambient noise, the LCD-i4 are are clear step up, with much better detail, separation etc. However the iSine 20 are not massively behind.

If there is any ambient noise, like my PC fans, I can't hear much of a difference between the two.

Also from my Sony NW-WM1A they both sound very similar.

From the comments of others I was expecting a much bigger gap between them. Given I am rarely able to listen in silence I'm not sure the extra cost is worth it for my needs.

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #3,069 of 7,348
Wow very interesting report. Thanks for providing your experience so far. After all another couple thousand dollars is worth considering carefully. That is if Moon Audio also does the 30 day trial thing like Audeze. Wish I had known about that but I wanted to pick up the Mojo at the same time.

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #3,070 of 7,348
+1 what Sarnia said. It was thanks to him the that I found out about Onso.
9000¥ from ikebe music Japan, 4.4mm trrrs balanced, 2pin rhodium with the notch. Not tangly, light, great price. The service and communication from Ikebe was exemplary. It's not often I mail back after I receive a product to give my gratitude.
any picures of your cable for 9000 yen please?

what sort of material for your cable please?

i found that my pure silver and copper cable already extremely good.... would love to know the end game config.

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #3,071 of 7,348
I have the i4's and the iSINE's 20 and it would almost seem a sin to connect the i4's straight to a phone. They are amazing but truly benefit from a quality source.

Sorrick - Where did you find the Cozoy REI and what do you think about it? I was considering it for a pair of very sensitive IEM's I have and it has received a few very positive reviews but I can't find it in the US. It's available on ebay but it still ships from Hong Kong.

Completely agree on it being a waste to run the i4s direct from a phone, was merely making the point that it is possible and that it will sound fine, just not nearly up to their potential.

I got my REI direct from Cozoy and I think it is a great little piece of kit. I have been working on a full review, but have posted impressions over in the rei thread. Generally, with low impedance iems or headphones (including isines, i4s, and Mr. Speakers Aeons), I find it comes within a whisper of the level of performance soundwise as my mojo, but it is something with the footprint essentially the same as 2 housekeys stacked on top of one another. The mojo provides a little bit better instrument separation, airiness, and soundstage (and obviously has more power), but the REI is pretty much on par in terms of bass and treble extension, and quality, midrange sweetness, and musicality. Like the mojo, the REI is almost never shrill in the treble while still maintaining detail, and in the REI may even be a bit more "fun" than the mojo in some tracks. Given how tiny the REI is, the fact that it doesnt have a battery, minimally affects battery life on my iPhone 7 plus and that it works out of the iPhone without a cck, it is pretty great. I've stuck a flat fridge magnet on the back of my rei which makes it stick to the back of my iphone (I have a metal plate on my phone for a magnetic car mount), and end up with a rig that in my pocket is indistinguishable in size from my iPhone itself and sound quality that out performs my dragonfly red or Oppo ha-2. With the i4s, I have to turn the volume up to about 70-80% to get it to what I would consider loud, but it definitely can drive them louder than I would want to listen to them. Again, the mojo provides a bit better instrument separation and a larger soundstage, so for the i4s, which I don't use as much while I'm walking around I am reaching for it more than my REI. But for what the REI is, what you get is shockingly good.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #3,072 of 7,348
I've got both the LCD-i4 and iSine 20 and have been comparing them for a few days.

If there is no ambient noise, the LCD-i4 are are clear step up, with much better detail, separation etc. However the iSine 20 are not massively behind.

If there is any ambient noise, like my PC fans, I can't hear much of a difference between the two.

From the comments of others I was expecting a much bigger gap between them. Given I am rarely able to listen in silence I'm not sure the extra cost is worth it for my needs.
I want to believe the cipher cable with the iSine 20's puts them in the ballpark of the i4's but I can't be sure since I haven't heard them. Without it I believe the LCD-i4's are most definitely next level.

Jul 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #3,073 of 7,348
I have a Hugo2 on loan for the hugo tour and so happen to get a isine 20 at the same time on loan and I can honestly say Im more impressed with the isine20! Dont get me wrong the Hugo2 is great but wow, the sound from the isine20 is simply amazing and Im not even using the iphone DAC cable, just straight from the Hugo2 or Onkyo DP-X1. I will definetly buy these.

Jul 16, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #3,074 of 7,348
Jul 16, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #3,075 of 7,348

I have both the LCDi4 and iSine 20 as well but do notice a significant difference. They are hard to A/B test since you can't take them off and pop them back on fast enough but if I focus more on my level of engagement in the music, the LCDi4 is superior. It's odd because you can't really point to flaws with the iSines that the LCDi4 remedies. I love the 20's, so much I bought the LCDi4's to find out if it was possible to improve upon the sound in this form factor. Form factor is the key here. I think the iSines are so well received since it's a very different sound and even more so a different listening experience. I love my IEM's (Andromedas) and as big as the sound stage sounds, your brain still knows the sound is sealed within your ear canal which gives you that separated feeling and at the same time you full body is involved with every sound or move you make. Placing the sound directly in your ear canal but keeping the back open where you have a seal for sound around the tip but there is not a pressurized seal provides a very unique listening experience.

I hadn't listened to the 20's for a few days so just compared them again with the i4's going through my Hugo 2 and it's as simple as the i4's being more engaging, real and alive. That's not a knock on the sound of the 20's because the 20's are all of those too The i4's are just the 20's on steroids. They are fantastic, full and detailed and the i4's give me more of a sensation of the sound being hardwired into my head. Combine that with the open back sensation and they are marvelous. I get more of a surreal, virtual reality feeling of movement listening to them with my eyes closed than with the 20's. Love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back