Audeze EL-8 connectors
May 16, 2016 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

b14cx0ut

100+ Head-Fier
First, sorry if this is in the wrong place, or has been talked about elsewhere, but my searches didn't turn anything up.

I purchased a 2016 Closed EL-8, and I'd like to make a balanced cable. All I'm lacking is the headphone connectors.

I could probably just re-terminate the stock cable, but if I resell the cans, I'd like to have the stock cable. I could also just purchase another cable from Audeze and use those connectors.

However, I'm just wondering if there is a place to purchase the connector. I've seen a few aftermarket cables, so they're out there, or 3d printed, or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

May 23, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #2 of 14

Lack of connectors is so frustrating and that's why I'm selling my EL-8 headphones. Great headphones just so limited cable wise. I'm sure someone will figure out a way of making and selling connectors soon. I wasn't able to find much on it as well.

May 23, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 14
I asked Audeze if i could buy an extra set, but they said they'd just send me a set.

I went ahead and attempted to reterminate the stock cable, but ended up having to unsleeve the connectors also to figure out tge wiring. It sucked, but i learned about a whole new type of wire.

Reterminating the stock cable worked.

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 14
I asked Audeze if i could buy an extra set, but they said they'd just send me a set.

I went ahead and attempted to reterminate the stock cable, but ended up having to unsleeve the connectors also to figure out tge wiring. It sucked, but i learned about a whole new type of wire.

Reterminating the stock cable worked.

Do you have any pictures of the pin out configuration?  I was able to source the connectors from Moon Audio so I was thinking of building my own cable.

Feb 8, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #8 of 14
***Disclaimer*** I don't have one anymore to verify all this with a multimeter. And I bet audeze would help verify pinouts.

OK... I was only able to find one scrap of paper... and I can't find the connectors that Audeze sent me,
If the rounded end is towards the front then the inside is positive on both sides.

Nov 10, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #12 of 14
Was anyone able to confirm the pin-out for the EL-8 connectors?
Audeze will not confirm pin-out when I asked ( a few years back), they say its proprietary but I've built my own cable and this is what I built and it works.
If you look at the connector it has a pointed side and flat side, pointed side faces front of headphone. Hope this helps EL-8 connector.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back