ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
May 17, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #3,691 of 9,667
which is betetr for me eikon or atticus and I am so confused which to buy

I use alo mk3 B as an amp with my fiio x5iii

now I own lcd2 fazor 2014 and i love it, and I want to upgrade to next level
I love full mids, great bass tight and controlled, big sound stage and no sibilant what so ever
music I like : depeche mode and the likes, progressive rock, metal, EDM

I am really not knowing what is better for me eikon or atticus

May 17, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #3,692 of 9,667

I love full mids, great bass tight and controlled, big sound stage and no sibilant what so ever

Your preferences pair better with the Atticus.

May 17, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #3,693 of 9,667

Atticus, FTW!

May 18, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #3,695 of 9,667
I hope FTW means 'For The Win" lol
There really isn't a bad choice between the two...I love the Eikon for all those Genres too, although Atty definitely is just about tailor made for Rock, Metal & EDM

Yes, Atticus "For the win". :)

May 18, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #3,696 of 9,667
The Eikon being a bit better as an all-rounder then? I listen to a whole swack of stuff and I did not like the HD800S for this reason. Norah Jones, Gregory Porter to Adele live to Pendulum to old Metallica to Armin Van Buuren to Andy McKee. I suppose classical is about the only thing I don't really listen to though trying to get my feet wet in it.

May 18, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #3,697 of 9,667
I prefer my Eikon out of this setup:

QCZOdOl.jpg

It has a very nice synergy with the LC and using the Mojo as a DAC too. Combine all that with some nice cables from Norne and it's icing on the cake :relaxed:

Now the only thing I need is for my temporary left ear mucus to be cured. I "hear" a slight Acufene (Tinitus) ringing, probably after a cold I had sometime ago. Maybe something triggered it this past sunday. Don't want to stress my ears more until then :disappointed:

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #3,698 of 9,667
I prefer my Eikon out of this setup:

It has a very nice synergy with the LC and using the Mojo as a DAC too. Combine all that with some nice cables from Norne and it's icing on the cake :relaxed:

Now the only thing I need is for my temporary left ear mucus to be cured. I "hear" a slight Acufene (Tinitus) ringing, probably after a cold I had sometime ago. Maybe something triggered it this past sunday. Don't want to stress my ears more until then :disappointed:

what cable is that

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #3,701 of 9,667
The Eikon being a bit better as an all-rounder then? I listen to a whole swack of stuff and I did not like the HD800S for this reason. Norah Jones, Gregory Porter to Adele live to Pendulum to old Metallica to Armin Van Buuren to Andy McKee. I suppose classical is about the only thing I don't really listen to though trying to get my feet wet in it.

I haven't had a lot of ear time with Atticus, just a quick demo at Can Jam, but IMO yes...Eikon is one of the best all-rounders I've ever heard. It plays well with everything I've thrown at it...Classical, Jazz, Rock, EDM Metal, 'world' music. I've heard others say the same here, although I'm not sure who (I'm thinking @grizzlybeast but I'm not sure...forgive me if I'm wrong).

May 20, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #3,705 of 9,667
I own lcd2 fazor 2014 and i love it, and I want to upgrade to next level

+1 for the Atticus.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back