APURESOUND Complaint Thread (Customers with outstanding items or money ONLY)
Sep 3, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #61 of 91
Quote:
Alex is actively posting in forums this very month regarding his $60,000 Lotus Exige sports car.  Apparently, his big concern right now is which high-performance battery to install in his car. *sigh*

How about a link to where he posted?  I don't understand why a guy of his character has turned into into this. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #62 of 91
alex is a very stand up guy. i have had numerous transactions with him, all perfect. i don't understand how this could have happened.

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #63 of 91
In 2006:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/archive/index.php/t-131762.html

As proof that TTZip is Alex, keep in mind his username here at Head-fi is [AK]Zip and here he is in the m3forum posting as TTZip while linking to apuresound.com where he has some files hosted.

Here he is now in 2012 with a Lotus:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f321/deka-etx20l-etx14-116825/

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #64 of 91
Well, at least anyone thinking of taking him to court knows he has at least one asset.
biggrin.gif

se

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #65 of 91
Quote:
alex is a very stand up guy. i have had numerous transactions with him, all perfect. i don't understand how this could have happened.

I also had nothing but positive transactions with Alex before my most recent one.  That's why I find all this so strange.  I did try and request my money back through Paypal.  But any transaction older than 40 days cannot be recalled.  Still, it may be worth doing simply to document complaints.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #66 of 91
Hi everyone, I finally registered a Head-Fi user account just for this thread.
It was over a year ago when I paid them the money for an ER-4P cable through Paypal.
It was Heli whom I was having an email conversation with, and since I've asked them to post the cable to me at Australia, I was been very patient.
I am pretty busy most of the time, so I put this behind my mind for months, but my emails to either Heli or Alex was not responded at all.
I tried every email addresses on their website, but nobody ever reply me with an update or explanation.
I've paid $184.50 to alex@apuresound.com through Payapl, but it had been quite a while, can anyone help me or let me know what should I do?

Thanks so much!!
Darrell

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #69 of 91
I intended to keep this in private between Alex and myself but his lack of a response has forced me to bring it public.  

I had a bass light R10 that suddenly developed an issue whereby sound wouldn't come out of one channel.  Alex has a reputation as the go-to guy for opening up R10s (a fragile process).  I talked to him both on the phone and in PM on another headphone forum about the issue and he believed that there was a possibility the driver was still intact and there could have simply been a cold solder joint where the cable meets the driver.  Either way requires disassembling the R10 to examine and fix.  Alex seemed like a very nice guy and was actually willing to do it for free (long story but there was a prior issue between me and another HF member regarding this R10 that Alex was somewhat involved in and I believe Alex felt sorry for me), and would just charge me for materials should I need a new cable if the driver was fine.  He seemed like a very nice guy over the phone FWIW.  I decided to send them to him last November.  I haven't gotten them back to this day.  

I have tried to contact Alex via the following in that time period:
PM on HF
PM on another headphone forum
3 different e-mails
2 different phone numbers
The voicemails to both of those phone numbers
I've had Jude try to contact him to no avail
I've had Currawong try to contact him to no avail

It is clear he's not going to respond.  I do have confirmation from the post office's internal system saying that the item was delivered.  If anybody can help me out or has advice, please PM me (in case he's lurking this thread).

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #70 of 91
Quote:
I intended to keep this in private between Alex and myself but his lack of a response has forced me to bring it public.  

I had a bass light R10 that suddenly developed an issue whereby sound wouldn't come out of one channel.  Alex has a reputation as the go-to guy for opening up R10s (a fragile process).  I talked to him both on the phone and in PM on another headphone forum about the issue and he believed that there was a possibility the driver was still intact and there could have simply been a cold solder joint where the cable meets the driver.  Either way requires disassembling the R10 to examine and fix.  Alex seemed like a very nice guy and was actually willing to do it for free (long story but there was a prior issue between me and another HF member regarding this R10 that Alex was somewhat involved in and I believe Alex felt sorry for me), and would just charge me for materials should I need a new cable if the driver was fine.  He seemed like a very nice guy over the phone FWIW.  I decided to send them to him last November.  I haven't gotten them back to this day.  

I have tried to contact Alex via the following in that time period:
PM on HF
PM on another headphone forum
3 different e-mails
2 different phone numbers
The voicemails to both of those phone numbers
I've had Jude try to contact him to no avail
I've had Currawong try to contact him to no avail

It is clear he's not going to respond.  I do have confirmation from the post office's internal system saying that the item was delivered.  If anybody can help me out or has advice, please PM me (in case he's lurking this thread).

I'm very sorry to hear about this man.  Have you seek help from the Texas head-fiers yet?  Alex used to be quite active on several Texas Austin meet and the member there might be able to help you out.  Some might know where he lives.  

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #72 of 91
I would not recommend confronting him in person.

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #74 of 91
Violence solves nothin'! Just take your mugging lying down...

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #75 of 91
Dude owns some serious guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back