New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Jun 8, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #466 of 1,045
New site SUCKS! Very, very laggy. Non-stop data usage. Classified section is a joke.

This new site is extremely slow to respond to input. Whether it is typing or scrolling or selecting threads, it is EXTREMELY slow. Almost unusable.

When I am browsing the site my data is ALWAYS being used. I think it is the bull ads that are on EVERY SINGLE PAGE! Not to mention the occasional full page ad that forces me to completely close the web page and open a new one.

I use my phone(Note 5) 99% of the time to browse this site and it is very discouraging.

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #467 of 1,045
New site SUCKS! Very, very laggy. Non-stop data usage. Classified section is a joke.

This new site is extremely slow to respond to input. Whether it is typing or scrolling or selecting threads, it is EXTREMELY slow. Almost unusable.

When I am browsing the site my data is ALWAYS being used. I think it is the bull**** ads that are on EVERY SINGLE PAGE! Not to mention the occasional full page ad that forces me to completely close the web page and open a new one.

I use my phone(Note 5) 99% of the time to browse this site and it is very discouraging.

Woah

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing such problems!

On Mi Max, I don't see a lot of ads, I mean, I don't see almost any ads and I'm running it without any ad blocker. I'm not even sure if there is any adblocker available for Android

I did have something like this in the past with a htc 820, where everything was full of ads. I discovered that the phone itself had an exploit in its firmware which caused it to access everything through a problematic DNS, maybe this is what you're experiencing as well. It is just a hypothesis at this point, but if this helps you out, it is all the better!

For me, the new site is not slow, it is ever so slightly slower than the old site, but nothing worth talking about, it is as responsive as any site based on the same framework.

Jun 8, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #468 of 1,045
How do you bump for sale items. cant find a way to anywhere.
Make a post in the thread and that will bump the listing. We're asking that bumps only happen every three days or so until we can implement a new classified system.

Haven't read any of this thread but just want to throw a FYI out there: I hate this new layout and basically have stopped coming to the site. the FS forums are 100% worse than they were. Browsing whats available for sale and selling is in no way more convenient.
We know that the classifieds need a lot of work, and we're developing a custom classified system to use. It's going to take time until that's ready, and we didn't want to leave Head-Fi'ers without a place to post their sales, so what you see now is a placeholder of sorts. It's by no means how the classifieds will look forever.

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #469 of 1,045
from my use so far I end up wondering if there is a benefit to have "new posts", when "recent posts" are presented in a way that makes it clear which are the new ones?
same idea with "subscribed threads" wouldn't it be better to directly get "all subscribed threads"? if we want them all they're here, if we don't it's clear which one we've looked at already. I don't really see a bad side to getting the full list from the start as long as unread posts are easy to identify in the list and IMO they are.
not a bug or anything, only my feelings.

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #471 of 1,045
@Lurker0 - Click the search box in the upper right. You should see this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 12.20.37 PM.png

Jun 11, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #472 of 1,045
Woah

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing such problems!

On Mi Max, I don't see a lot of ads, I mean, I don't see almost any ads and I'm running it without any ad blocker. I'm not even sure if there is any adblocker available for Android

I did have something like this in the past with a htc 820, where everything was full of ads. I discovered that the phone itself had an exploit in its firmware which caused it to access everything through a problematic DNS, maybe this is what you're experiencing as well. It is just a hypothesis at this point, but if this helps you out, it is all the better!

For me, the new site is not slow, it is ever so slightly slower than the old site, but nothing worth talking about, it is as responsive as any site based on the same framework.

It's this site only that has the problem. Please allow this site to operate through Tapatalk.

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #476 of 1,045
You upload an image in a PM the same way you would in a thread, using the Upload a File button below the composition window and them embedding the image either as a thumbnail or full-size.

I think @castleofargh mentioned it a while back, but are there any plans to introduce a smaller option than 'thumbnail' at some point? If your source image is large, the thumbnail option still results in a large-ish image. I generally used the 'small' option on the older Huddler platform when uploading images to threads. Thumbnail seems closer to the old 'medium' re-sizing.

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #477 of 1,045
I think @castleofargh mentioned it a while back, but are there any plans to introduce a smaller option than 'thumbnail' at some point? If your source image is large, the thumbnail option still results in a large-ish image. I generally used the 'small' option on the older Huddler platform when uploading images to threads. Thumbnail seems closer to the old 'medium' re-sizing.

Now I actually want an option for thumbnail as well, or at least it would be good to have.

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #478 of 1,045
We previously implemented a change that would better control image sizes and it ended up breaking existing images, so we rolled back the update. We're looking into alternative methods of implementing this functionality.

Now I actually want an option for thumbnail as well, or at least it would be good to have.
And option to embed an image as a thumbnail currently exists. Are you referring to linked images rather than embedded?

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #479 of 1,045
We previously implemented a change that would better control image sizes and it ended up breaking existing images, so we rolled back the update. We're looking into alternative methods of implementing this functionality.

And option to embed an image as a thumbnail currently exists. Are you referring to linked images rather than embedded?

Yes, linked images from other sites, like IMGUR - they appear always in full size.

Jun 19, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #480 of 1,045
Yes, linked images from other sites, like IMGUR - they appear always in full size.
I'll pass that along to the guys working on the image code. It may be a relatively simple task for them to apply the updates to the embedded images to linked images as well (just guessing, I can't do much more than basic C++ and HTML myself.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back