Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 29, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #275 of 509
Seems like posting pics in ads now requires a URL address, so you will have to use something like photobucket to host your pics. Also cannot find a search option in a thread. I like being able to look at a 1,000 post thread and pick out the ones that mention an amp. I guess this new system will just take some getting used to. Just clicked the upload a file option and you can upload a file directly from your computer, so perhaps this option is in the ads section and I did not see it.

James

Upload images using the "upload a file" link and then you can embed those in a post. Note that this currently works on desktop view only.

We are looking to adding a "search this thread" option similar to Huddler's, but for the time being the closest thing is the advanced search menu located here: https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/23813/?searchform=1

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #276 of 509
how the devil do you send somebody a private message...in the past i just clicked on a name and it was an option...i do not see it now

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #277 of 509
If you go into "All" your unread subscribed threads are highlighted.
I also agree the old site was much more user friendly.

Just takes time getting use to i guess. Thanks for explaining.

OK... been a member of this site for years, but the new site won't recognize my old name or log in. Had to make a new account. Wazzup with that?
Anyone have a solution? Moderator?

I had the same problem, thought i'd have to make a new account, but then i tried new password, which got me back into my account.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #278 of 509
OK... been a member of this site for years, but the new site won't recognize my old name or log in. Had to make a new account. Wazzup with that?
Anyone have a solution? Moderator?
I had the same issue. 5hrs after trying to login I remembered I had Joe at H-F's e-mail and I let him know, and he sent me a temporary password which I wasn't able to get by clicking on "forgot your password" (which I didn't) which solved my issue.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #280 of 509
I appreciate that,I am trying to initiate a private message not continue an existing one

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #285 of 509
One of the ways I support new gear manufacturers is by selling used gear in the classifieds. I can't figure out how to bump or add photos...I'm not going to have any money to buy if I can't sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back