ANNOUNCEMENT: Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A
Nov 29, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #137 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to post that someone I know attempted to get a blackbird and upon finding out ray only had 10 left all accounted for so we can say he is officially out of them

Only an officer of RSA can officially say that. Folks could still back out or return one. For any folks still interested, does Todd (The Vinyl Junkie) have any Blackbird inventory left?

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #138 of 171
No, Todd doesn't either. (I checked with him, too.) I'm the one that was looking for the amp, and can confirm hockeyb213's post.

A moment too late.
frown.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #140 of 171
I do want to say, I have the SR-71A and feel fortunate that I do. It has produced some of the most incredible sounding music I have heard yet. Pair it with a 5.5g iMod and the UE11's....watch out. Bliss.

Thank you Ray!

Dec 4, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #141 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes just confirmed. Rays out of them. I hope he builds more soon. these amps shudnt just be limited editions
smily_headphones1.gif

Ray had said in the past that he did not mean for this to be a limited edition, though it might seem like it because he only had enough of a certain component to build 500 at this time.

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #142 of 171
I feel very lucky right about now. Head-fier mrarroyo has sold me his SR-71A and I just received it today. I am floored by this amp. Not only does it have a much lower noise floor than the Ultra Micro Amp that I'm returning, it actually seems to have a much more pleasing presentation. It would be a shame to see the production of this amp truly end.

Dec 5, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #143 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel very lucky right about now. Head-fier mrarroyo has sold me his SR-71A and I just received it today. I am floored by this amp. Not only does it have a much lower noise floor than the Ultra Micro Amp that I'm returning, it actually seems to have a much more pleasing presentation. It would be a shame to see the production of this amp truly end.

Good to see that you finally got a hold of one. Enjoy!

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #145 of 171
So glad I got mine when I did. My first amp is an airhead and I have been watching the forums for a suitable upgrade for the the last 6 moths. I was originally going to jump for a Predator but prefer having replacable batteries. I am in the UK and the opportunities for auditions are extremely are nonexistent. Thanks to this forum I felt confident in my purchase and havn't been disappointed.

I have a black one no 171, wonder who got 71? BTW I am also glad I carried on with the advice to keep on burning. I have 600+ and it still seems to be improving.

Any advice on IEMs I am thinking of getting 530s, the Westone 3s look out of my price range over here at the moment?

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #146 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, glad to know that you've managed to get a SR-71A too man! Your rig now must be sounding as heaven to your ears! I can't even dream of getting one like yours, so enjoy it for me as well!
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers!

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #149 of 171
FWIR Yes They Are. Perhaps Youd be interested in Ray's latest offering the "P-51 Mustang", some say it's his best yet. I'm getting one real soon. Good Luck & Happy Holidays!
Headphile808

Dec 13, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #150 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIR Yes They Are. Perhaps Youd be interested in Ray's latest offering the "P-51 Mustang", some say it's his best yet. I'm getting one real soon. Good Luck & Happy Holidays!
Headphile808

That's what I figured guys...and yes, the P-51 looks good. I need a secondary amp so I'm weighing my options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back