Amp and case pics
Jul 22, 2001 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
Well, my amp is not complete, but I got a hold of the didgicam and here's what happened. I'm uploading more pics as I type this, so don't be suprised if a pic materializes. Anyway, go to photos.yahoo.com and look under username CaptBubba2000 and password headfi . Feel free to upload your own DIY pics to this account, just make a new folder with your username.

Jul 22, 2001 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 5
Holy crap, it IS decking lumber! nails and all! heh that is certainly an interesting way you make a lidstop, although painful if you forget about those points.
tongue.gif

And you totally lowballed didn't you? Is that 100% RadioShack and surplus stuff?

Also, right now, go change your password... let other people make their own accounts. The rest of us can see them without logging in as you by going to http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/captbubba2000

Jul 22, 2001 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 5
Right on CaptBubba! I like the uniqueness of your amp. It is sometimes uninteresting to view another Pac-Tec case. No offence to people who use them, I mean the sound is what matters but it's refreshing to see something different, something that reflects the personality of the maker. I like the contrast of the interconnects emerging from the wood box.
wink.gif
How does it sound? What are those four long square things, resisters? Can't wait to see it done.

Jul 22, 2001 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 5
Yah, those square things are probably the power resistors called for in the Szekeres amp schematics.

Jul 22, 2001 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 5
I have under $20 in this amp
smily_headphones1.gif
. I didn't even buy a transformer or a power supply. I got the transformer out of a UPS, and was given the power supply by my grandfather, who wasn't using it. What I'm doing is building the basics, and then am going to upgrade it, bit by bit.

I've filed down the points on the nails, but am going to cut them back a bit. The idea was to give the amp a symmetrical look on the outside. At first glance, it looks like the cover is nailed on.

The pasword is changed, follow Apheard's link, I just had to get off the internet, and didn't have time to figure it out (even though I now see its listed at the bottom of the pages).

Glad you like it, I said it was different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back