Alo Interconnect for Sony Walkman
Dec 24, 2007 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 145

basman

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Ken,

Don't you have plan to include in you're product line an ALO interconect for Sony A800 series DAP? Maybe a lot of A800 owners would be interested on it including me.

Thanks,
Jon

Dec 25, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ken,

Don't you have plan to include in you're product line an ALO interconect for Sony A800 series DAP? Maybe a lot of A800 owners would be interested on it including me.

Thanks,
Jon

Hey Jon,

Does the A800 have a line out signal? and is the A818 new'er and about the same? Thanks for the post.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 25, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Jon,

Does the A800 have a line out signal? and is the A818 new'er and about the same? Thanks for the post.

Ken

Hi Ken,

As far as I know the A800 and the A810 series are the same with the exception of the use of sonic stage.

There is a docking station that I have herd has a line out. I can check it out myself the next time I go to the sony style store.

Dec 25, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #4 of 145
Quote:

Hey Jon,

Ken

The A8xx itself doesn't have a line-out
frown.gif

But the dock has one
redface.gif

Dec 25, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #5 of 145
Quote:

Hey Jon,

Ken

Hi Ken,

The A808 has line out as per my service manual and I presume its just the same as with A818, I think they only differ in the micro processor chips but dacs and amp/audio switch section is the same.

Thanks for considering Ken it would be great if you can make Alo interconnect for us Sony lovers.

Regards,
Jon

Dec 25, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The A8xx itself doesn't have a line-out
frown.gif

But the dock has one
redface.gif

And neither does say... an ipod, you just have to tap into it
wink.gif

If the dock has a lineout, you know the player is putting out, so to speak!
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #9 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken if you want to take a look, I can bring by my A816 and the charge/sync cable when I come buy tomorrow.(I don't have the dock that has a line out on it, but if I do get one I can bring it by so you can take a look at it.)

I have the schematic diagram of A808.

Dec 27, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #10 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Tadashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken if you want to take a look, I can bring by my A816 and the charge/sync cable when I come buy tomorrow.(I don't have the dock that has a line out on it, but if I do get one I can bring it by so you can take a look at it.)

Hey Tad,

Yes that would be good. I need to perhaps order the connector from somewhere and send it to my connector company to see if they might have something I can work with.

I am still working on your interconnects also.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 27, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #11 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the schematic diagram of A808.

Hey Basman,

Yeah that would be helpful, can you email me this?

Also does any one know where I can order some accessory that has the connector I can use to examine? Something that is not $$$ because I will just need the connector part.

I guess I will have to break down and buy one of these players.

Thanks
ken

Dec 27, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 145
Quote:

Hey Basman,

Yeah that would be helpful, can you email me this?

Also does any one know where I can order some accessory that has the connector I can use to examine? Something that is not $$$ because I will just need the connector part.

I guess I will have to break down and buy one of these players.

Thanks
ken

Hi Ken,

Sent you an email.

Regards,
Jon

Dec 30, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #14 of 145
Hi all! I'm new here. Thinking of DIY'ing the lineout interconnect. Got a question for you guys :

Anyone knows which pins on the A81X and S61X connectors are for line out?

If someone here has the dock BCRNWU3, it'll be good if you can do a continuity test on the line out jack and the connector to find out which pins are for line out.
icon10.gif

Dec 31, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #15 of 145
Hi Ken.....I'd be very interested in a lineout interconnect for a NWZ-A818 . These new Sony DAP 's have been getting a lot of love here on Head-Fi (as well as other forums) ....and for good reason. I'm sure an ALO L/out interconnect would be a definite winner all round . Heres hoping you can pull it off Ken..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back