ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
May 21, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #1,036 of 1,084
I felt the amp on the Alo Mk3B+ sound just a little bit better than the theorem 720, seems like vocal is 1-2db higher than the theorem, the theorem sound a little subdue albeit not much. wonderful device by two company.

now I just have to decide keep the theorem 720 or keep the alo and CLAS-DB, choices choices....

:/

Sep 20, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #1,043 of 1,084
what does it mean that the blue light sometimes blinks purple it happens with some songs very weird for example with the bon jovi song called burning bridges, i see the light blink purple with the beat in the song very very very weird

i have connected 

iphone--- ifi micro dsd ---- rca---- alo mk balanced---  balanced audeze lcd2

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,044 of 1,084
Hey guys, i'm in the market for a portable amp. I will probably get the Noble K10 very soon along with the Crankmaster 5000. I was looking around, and i ended up looking at three options: the ALO RXMKIII-B+, the cypher labs theorem 720, and the headstage arrow 5tx (enhanced bass version). I probably won't be using a portable amp to power up my LCD-XC or HD650 very often, but it'd be nice to know that the portable amp will be capable of doing it if called upon :)

Can anyone tell me why the RXMKIII-B+ has been discontinued? 

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #1,045 of 1,084
Hey guys, i'm in the market for a portable amp. I will probably get the Noble K10 very soon along with the Crankmaster 5000. I was looking around, and i ended up looking at three options: the ALO RXMKIII-B+, the cypher labs theorem 720, and the headstage arrow 5tx (enhanced bass version). I probably won't be using a portable amp to power up my LCD-XC or HD650 very often, but it'd be nice to know that the portable amp will be capable of doing it if called upon :)

In general, ALO has revamped its whole portable lineup. Not sure why, but I would definitely caution you that I find the noise floor on the MkIII B+ is too high for my liking with the K10. The newest RX model is built for use with iems. I tried that combo for a few minutes at a show. It sounded very good, maybe a bit on the warm side, with no discernable background "hiss".

Sep 20, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,046 of 1,084

True story: it cost too much to continue making. 
In general, ALO has revamped its whole portable lineup. Not sure why, but I would definitely caution you that I find the noise floor on the MkIII B+ is too high for my liking with the K10. The newest RX model is built for use with iems. I tried that combo for a few minutes at a show. It sounded very good, maybe a bit on the warm side, with no discernable background "hiss".

This. MK3B/3B+ are spectacular for full sized cans and can have too high of a noise floor for very sensitive cans and most sensitive IEMs. 

Sep 20, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #1,047 of 1,084

Szymonsays,

I would consider the Rx for any IEMs such as your K10s. 

http://www.aloaudio.com/amplifiers/rx

The Mk3B has been discontinued yes, we wanted to focus on the Continental Dual Mono and other future amps. I have to stop making one so I can make way for now items.

Same is true with the International, older Continentals, Island and Key. These legacy items were made partner with my China based partner who I am no longer in business with. All ALO amps we sell now and will sell in the future are 100% USA made.

Thank you,

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 20, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #1,048 of 1,084
  what does it mean that the blue light sometimes blinks purple it happens with some songs very weird for example with the bon jovi song called burning bridges, i see the light blink purple with the beat in the song very very very weird

i have connected 

iphone--- ifi micro dsd ---- rca---- alo mk balanced---  balanced audeze lcd2

hykhleif

Charge the battery.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 21, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #1,049 of 1,084

hykhleif

Charge the battery.

Ken

thanks ken

But it was fully charged when I listened to it

But it was so strange as the blinking was in sync with the beat of the song ( very weird ) from Bon Jovi's song called burning bridges song number 10 in the album

maybe the alo mk3 liked that song so much that it got excited :)

i like that bon jovi song as it is a slam in the face from bon jovi to his record label after 30 years of being partners

Sep 21, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #1,050 of 1,084

Szymonsays,

I would consider the Rx for any IEMs such as your K10s. 

http://www.aloaudio.com/amplifiers/rx

The Mk3B has been discontinued yes, we wanted to focus on the Continental Dual Mono and other future amps. I have to stop making one so I can make way for now items.

Same is true with the International, older Continentals, Island and Key. These legacy items were made partner with my China based partner who I am no longer in business with. All ALO amps we sell now and will sell in the future are 100% USA made.

Thank you,

Ken

can i ask Ken please, does the new continental dual mono sound analogue like, as I am so much after an analogue sound sigs, and how does it pair with the Audeze lcd2

I wish you added bass boost to the dual mono

Users who are viewing this thread

Back