Absolute best budget earbuds?
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #1,623 of 2,999
Jun 28, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #1,624 of 2,999
Seriously, I always thought that it was forbidden to publish links to a purchase, but why not discuss buds??

When the particular seller was banned in the Asian IEM thread, discussion of a particularly popular IEM that was exclusive to that seller was also forbidden by the mods, so you can assume it goes for other exclusive items. Then again, I might also be remembering incorrectly, and if that's the case I apologize.

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #1,625 of 2,999
if you look up the word glylezee on aliexpress you can find a lot of OEM products, its almost tempting to buy for a bit over a dollar, photo suggest that they have a volume slider, don't have any experience with them, don't know how it might effect the overall "audio quality" :laughing:

edit, maybe I will buy it, they seem to get favorable feedback,

19510661_10209542439427022_4973807638924774896_n.jpg

replying to my old post of 2 months ago, I just got these $1 AUD earbuds, since I read that someone else didn't get it but got their money back I thought I wasn't going to get it either not as if it was a big loss or anything

they came in a thin see-through bag that read "please give me 5 stars" and "lightning delivery" :p

out of the bag, they have a J cable and an earbud with a more than noticeable rattle, I wasn't expecting much but was surprised at how even the sound was coming from both earbuds and heard a song and they were better than most bargain bin earbuds, although kinda bright with almost no low end, typical of cheap earbuds, but they do not sound like knock-offs, soundstage is almost decent as well

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,626 of 2,999
Anyone has link to SHE3800 with Mic which is available at reasonable price? Or any earbud which has SHE3800 kind of "Rattle the Skull kind of Bass" . Someone posted below abt SHE3800 and I agree:

Philips SHE3800:
The vibrating bass feels like a vibrating vibration in the chest, abdomen, back (but with energy), spreading all over space (like 3D), making the entire body vibrate. Dynamic, very good for meditation intention and subconsciously programmable, long listening, relaxing, energetic, long-range variation of long, smooth music.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,627 of 2,999
Anyone has link to SHE3800 with Mic which is available at reasonable price? Or any earbud which has SHE3800 kind of "Rattle the Skull kind of Bass" . Someone posted below abt SHE3800 and I agree:

Philips SHE3800:
The vibrating bass feels like a vibrating vibration in the chest, abdomen, back (but with energy), spreading all over space (like 3D), making the entire body vibrate. Dynamic, very good for meditation intention and subconsciously programmable, long listening, relaxing, energetic, long-range variation of long, smooth music.

This is the only listing I've seen for the model with a mic - http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4057

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,628 of 2,999
Today I went on to experiment with the SONY E808 +, PHILIPS SHE3800 and VE monk plus, this time I continue to try out the songs: Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (from the Paramount 20th Century - Fox Film Titanic), The Eagles - Hotel California Acoustic Live 1994, Yao Si Ting - Scarborough Fair. And tested with minimal equipment (backward) are: Nokia C3-00 Phone and Asus K55A Laptop + Foobar2000 v1.3.14 + Breakaway Audio Enhancer v1.40.03 (TRIAL), the result is:
- For an unknown reason I decided not to use the SONY E808 + anymore.
- PHILIPS SHE3800 is great for Nokia C3-00 and Laptop (but must not use Breakaway Audio Enhancer)
- VE monk plus is very impressive and travel on the Laptop with Breakaway Audio Enhancer (of course I will not use on the Nokia C3-00 because not as good as the PHILIPS SHE3800).

So for each song I can listen to two different interesting styles and very happy about it.
To say the word "simplicity is perfect," I think it was a thank you for the information I received and the search based on the perception of each individual.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #1,629 of 2,999
This is the only listing I've seen for the model with a mic - http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4057
Yeah. I saw that. Without Mic is $3.21 on FastTech (out of stock now though) so $12.99 is too much for mic version. If nothing else then I will order this one. Any other earbud you know which has exactly same in fact better sound than 3800 in terms of Bass and Warmness?

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #1,630 of 2,999
Yeah. I saw that. Without Mic is $3.21 on FastTech (out of stock now though) so $12.99 is too much for mic version. If nothing else then I will order this one. Any other earbud you know which has exactly same in fact better sound than 3800 in terms of Bass and Warmness?
I'm not sure the sound of the Edifier H180 sounds like the SHE3800 or not but looks almost identical (just different name and place of production and higher price). Maybe we need more information from people who have tried both of them.
New link for SHE3800: https://www.tokopedia.com/1bestchoi...mazing-mega-bass-headset-earphone-headphone-1
You can see it here:
***https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/edifier-hi-fi-stereo-headphone-h180-black.15972/reviews and here.
***Https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-H180-Stereo-Earbuds-Headphone/dp/B016AY6CB0?th=1
Currently, I think there is no guarantee of the durability of the PHILIPS SHE3800 or its still good use.
Because the names are faulty, they still sell and you can not know before it's delivered to you. But for the sake of experience I still buy it because I have not found another similar but better.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #1,631 of 2,999
I'm not sure the sound of the Edifier H180 sounds like the SHE3800 or not but looks almost identical (just different name and place of production and higher price). Maybe we need more information from people who have tried both of them.
You can see it here:
***https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/edifier-hi-fi-stereo-headphone-h180-black.15972/reviews and here.
***Https://www.amazon.com/Edifier-H180-Stereo-Earbuds-Headphone/dp/B016AY6CB0?th=1
Currently, I think there is no guarantee of the durability of the PHILIPS SHE3800 or its still good use.
Because the names are faulty, they still sell and you can not know before it's delivered to you. But for the sake of experience I still buy it because I have not found another similar but better.
I am wondering that SHE3800 is not at all available on Philis site. They have 3800 but in-ear ones and not Earbud.

Jun 29, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #1,633 of 2,999

The H180 is quite a bit different from the SHE3800. The H180 is a better all-rounder in my opinion. It has a more balanced sound signature and more energy in the upper registers. It is still what most would describe as a "fun" sound. I really like the H180. See this post if you want to see measurements I took comparing the H180 and SHE3800.

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #1,635 of 2,999
As suspected by @Ira Delphic that using Extreme Bass Preset with Amp Level High and 100% Bass and Treble might be the reason my Earbuds are getting spoiled. However, nothing happened to Monk+ and also with SHE3800 and one more earbud, one of the speakers stopped working (SHE3800 still works if I adjust the jack so I think changing jack plug might work). And looks like Vido right speaker is also going to be broken soon as I am hearing broken membrane kind of sound from right speaker.

As I like Boominess and Warmness I get in songs while using these settings, I am wondering if there is any earbud which has rough and tough speakers membranes but with my desired sound signature (similar or better than SHE3800) and with Mic? Pls suggest if something is available. I sincerely thank the person who suggested me SHE3800 but unfortunately they are no longer working. Pls suggest similar sound earbud but ideally within $20 and I believe having high impedence should be good and might not broken down in PowerAmp with the above settings. Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back