A ridiculous T50RP mod I just finished
Jun 4, 2016 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MF Kitten

Head-Fier
Well, we all know one never finishes a project one loves... But here's what I've got right now!
rUYtWEF.jpg

It's pretty similar to how it measures. Good kick in the low end (it IS a planar after all), yet ss the rolloff suggests, it's also an open headphone.

It packs a very nice punch, and it has great detail. It's got more deep bass than it has mid bass focus, and that makes them sound very nice and deep. The high end peak is non-offensive, and sounds detailed. if I had infinite access to nicer materials I could make something way more refined, but alas that is not the case.

There are only a couple things I want to try out for these now: a Pro series headband rather than the Premium one (the arch, not the leather bit). More clamp would give me more low end punch. I also want to try out some leather ear pads.

Any thoughts? I could write up a detailed mod walkthrough, but I am using some mystery foams that I don't know what are. It's mainly just (some stiff foam), stiff and thick felt, and medical cotton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back