$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Mar 25, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #5,611 of 6,549
I have used it enough to judge the battery impact. I just noticed the case seems warmer, which usually means shorter battery life.

I see. I'll upload battery saving version for you too then.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #5,612 of 6,549
Could someone tell me whether there are 3 alternative upgrades available from Windows X (Compatibility Or Purist Or Battery) or if one upgrade gets you improved sound and increased battery life? Does 'Compatability' add an equaliser?  Also, what is the cost?

Thanks! 

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #5,613 of 6,549
  Could someone tell me whether there are 3 alternative upgrades available from Windows X (Compatibility Or Purist Or Battery) or if one upgrade gets you improved sound and increased battery life? Does 'Compatability' add an equaliser?  Also, what is the cost?

Thanks! 

I sent you info about my Calyx M advanced ROM mod now. So far everyone is satisfied with the ROM or so I heard. I can't add equalizer feature in Calyx M nor I think you'll need it after experiencing what advanced ROM can improve for you.

Calyx M will ship with purist configuration by default but if you want to squeeze more battery, I can also ship that version for you too. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #5,615 of 6,549
Hello Hawaiibadboy, Long time fan of your X5 UI. Welcome to the Calyx forum. This DAP is a bit of an under dog and does not enjoy the same hype as others on Head-Fi. Looking forward to your review.

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #5,619 of 6,549
Any chance to listen to it yet?

I have heard that this is the DAP to listen to if you think all Sabre based players are bright.

Have also heard that this player had an intrinsic musically that most other players, regardless of price, just can't match.

Look forward to your impressions.

Some much wrong with it.

The sound is fantastic. You are correct about dac. Super rich and detailed sonics

Attachments

• IMGP5884.JPG
    IMGP5884.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #5,620 of 6,549
^See why I didnt want to sale mine, I wanted to get mine modded but I dont want risking sending mine overseas just in case it might get lost in the mail. To me Calyx M has obtained the same status as my ER4S. My ER4S is almost dead, the original cable died and the only way I can get it fixed is sent it to Etymotics.

My calxy M is slowly dying. I can see the screen has faded a little and its battery life has reduced to basically 2-3 hours however for those 2-3 hours I enjoy the heck out of the music.

Apr 30, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #5,621 of 6,549
^See why I didnt want to sale mine, I wanted to get mine modded but I dont want risking sending mine overseas just in case it might get lost in the mail. To me Calyx M has obtained the same status as my ER4S. My ER4S is almost dead, the original cable died and the only way I can get it fixed is sent it to Etymotics.

My calxy M is slowly dying. I can see the screen has faded a little and its battery life has reduced to basically 2-3 hours however for those 2-3 hours I enjoy the heck out of the music.

I contacted 6 people and got 6 LOL...NO

This thing is probably the finest sounding best voiced DAP I have ever heard. A person left a thumb up last week saying it was a decent sounding underappreciated DAP:confused:

No. It's a well reviewed fantastic sounding beast.

May 1, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #5,622 of 6,549

This thing is probably the finest sounding best voiced DAP I have ever heard. A person left a thumb up last week saying it was a decent sounding underappreciated DAP:confused:

Maybe when you have time you can do a review, is been a while since this player was reviewed. I am looking forward to it

May 1, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #5,623 of 6,549

I know is an old dap, and there are new daps on the market, but I would love to see a new review to this beautiful player. I would love to see a review from you for this player

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #5,624 of 6,549

I would love to see a review from you for this player

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back