-
Sep 4, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #32 of 46
Quote:

You could say that Sennheiser is getting a lot of "Momentum" in the polls

I laughed more than I should have at that.

I'm interested as long as I get a headphone in the end that matches my needs - with all this competition, ONE of these has to be that headphone.

I'm most excited about the MDR-1R/1RNC's, the MOMENTUM's, and the VTF-100's. Buying the VTF-100's first because I've heard good things, and because V-MODA has a test drive.

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #33 of 46
Maybe we should call these the "M Wars"?

1. MOMENTUM
  2. M-100
  3. M4U 1/2
  4. MDR 1R/BT/NC

Scary how all of these headphones are coming out for the same market space in the same period of time. I fear for the stereotypical head-fi headphone collector, it'll cost quite a bit if a single person wants to compare all of 'em.

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #35 of 46
It's a little crazy that Momentum will be out a week or two before the M-100 based on the most current information and we didn't know it existed two weeks ago.  Where did Sennheiser design these- Area 51?

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:
It's a little crazy that Momentum will be out a week or two before the M-100 based on the most current information and we didn't know it existed two weeks ago.  Where did Sennheiser design these- Area 51?

Nah, V-MODA just does things openly, whereas the bigger companies like to be secretive. At least, as far as I can tell.

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #37 of 46
So, let the "M Wars" begin! 
popcorn.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #38 of 46
BRS- You might want to make room for these......  great name behind them (Yamaha), 50mm drivers, aluminum cups, etc.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/headphones/?keyword=PROSERIES_HEADPHONES&type=custom&ref=#page=1&keyword=PROSERIES_HEADPHONES&type=custom&ref=&mode=paging

I just called Yamaha and these are also coming out in September.  Coincidentally, I went to a psychic last week who said I would soon be maxing out my credit cards :)

While they unfortunately bear more of a resemblance to Beats than I would like, the sound is being billed as something to compete with every can on this list.

Sep 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #39 of 46
I'll create a new version of this thread in 1 hour - between then and now, can someone please make a short list of the cans I've missed? It seems as if there's about 2 or 3 that I didn't know about.

Also @ Craigster75: They do look too much like Beats. As much as I like the logo, the design is too much like them to warrant any points for that. Sound may be a different matter - but we'll have to wait.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #45 of 46
I'm expecting the momentum to be better isolating than the m-100 because it has a real closed design.
But we know it's harder to compete in terms of sound quality with a closed design.

Can't wait for the release of both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back