Aug 21, 2010 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

willthong

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, my rig as of now is as follows:

Sansa Fuze (Rockboxed) -> Fuze LOD (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sansa-Fuze-MP3-Line-Out-Dock-LOD-Cable-7N-Silver-Plated-/280550479263?pt=Car_Amplifiers) -> PA2V2 Portable Amp -> Audio Technica ATH-ES7 cans

I'm thinking of upgrading my rig.  I have used the search function, and I have come up with a couple of ways I might upgrade:

1. ATH-ES7 -> Denon AH-D1001 cans
  2. PA2V2 -> Headroom Total Airhead

OK, tbh, that's all I've come up with.  Sorry.

My criteria are:

1. Listening to jazz (a bit of rock thrown in too)
  2. Must be portable
  3. Any part of the rig can be changed...I really don't mind
  4. I have a couple of hundred pounds
  5. I am happy with the way my rig works at the moment, but probably the change I'm looking for is tighter (not louder, just tighter) bass, as well as crisper mid-range in general
  6. Cans must be on-ear/over-ear (although from what I've read, over-ear tend to be too big, right?) - no IEMs please

Any advice would be appreciated!  (thanks in advance)

Aug 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #2 of 5
Respectful, hopeful, respectfully hopeful and hopefully respectful

*BUMP*

Sorry.

Aug 24, 2010 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey Willthong

I wouldn't say the D1001 is an upgrade to the ES7 - I much prefer the sound of the ES7 but had fitting issues.  I still have the 1001 but is more like a back up now.

Haven't any experience with the amps, sorry

David

BTW you might want to add a title to this thread as there isn't one appearing ATM

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 5
Oh thanks.  I made a new thread actually because this one wasn't really getting any responses.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/508691/weakest-link

Incidentally, I've decided that the Sennheiser HD-25-1 II cans are the best for my upgrade purposes :)

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 5
Good choice - if I was more into cans then I would get these.  Not sure about the adidas version on the Apple website tho 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back