2014 tube amp rankings
Sep 1, 2014 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kokushu

100+ Head-Fier
I remember back in the day skylab did a really good ranking of all tube/hybrid amp.  Unfortunately that threads have been closed.  So I want to do another list for people who doing research could look into it.  I am currently myself looking for a tube amp.  It would be nice if it was integrated but definitely the headphone section is the most important.  Here is some of the canidate

Within my budget: basically around $2k and below

Schiit Vahalla 2
Schiit Lyr 2
Apex Peak/Volcano
RWA Cassabria
DNA Sonett 2
Eddie Current Super 7 (if somehow I could get one)
Woo Audio 22
RSA The Raptor
Little Dot MK VIII
Decware Taboo MKIII

Out of my budget: currently
Eddie Current BA
Eddie Current 445
Eddie Current ZD
Woo Audio 5
DNA Stratus
ALO Studio Six
Leben CS 300 or 600
Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass

There might be other I might forget but these are the one I did the most research at.  There are certain one I kind of prefer but most of them I really hadn't audition for an extended period of time.  This will open all kind of worms but I eventually want to do a tier list for tube amp so people who are in my position could have a decent starting guide.

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Schiit Vahalla 2 or Woo Audio 22 would take my vote.

Sep 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 8
Forget to mention the leben cs 300.  That is the one I want the most right now if it come at under 2k price.  I remember hearing it and it sound really good but hadn't able to try it again for such a long time.

Sep 2, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #4 of 8
Even thought I am looking at Cavalli I can't believe I forget to include them.  The Cavalli Liquid Glass is what I am most interested in.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #6 of 8
Get yourself a Trafomatic Head One and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back