1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017
May 22, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #346 of 567
Couldn't disagree more - worn down is far preferable than faffing about bending wires behind ears etc. And the Quads fit me perfectly this way, so all good.

You clearly didn't put the Triples in your ears properly, or use the right tips, if you think they were too bright. Either that or you enjoy sound that's darker than Darth Vader's helmet.

Please, remember everyone is hearing differently. Proper fit may be the case though.

May 22, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #347 of 567
Speaking of perfect fit, I've landed on a new Comply model. Apparently the Isolation shape in Large is perfect for my ears with both iSine and Quads. Kinda surprising because I have a smaller head when I shop for hats but am a very average hight. I assumed that my ears would be smaller in the canal diameter because of my smaller dome but that's clearly not the case here. If you like the 13mm silicon we might have similar ear canal sizes and worth trying the Comply 600 Isolation Large. Cheers!

May 22, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #348 of 567
Speaking of perfect fit, I've landed on a new Comply model. Apparently the Isolation shape in Large is perfect for my ears with both iSine and Quads. Kinda surprising because I have a smaller head when I shop for hats but am a very average hight. I assumed that my ears would be smaller in the canal diameter because of my smaller dome but that's clearly not the case here. If you like the 13mm silicon we might have similar ear canal sizes and worth trying the Comply 600 Isolation Large. Cheers!

Do you have giant ears?

JK! In all seriousness I wonder what fits me the best in regards to ear canal.... I am 6'6" and have a normal to smaller head (very small brain as well), and I seem to fit slightly below medium sized tips. I respect when companies give you a big selection of tips, but I think it would be neat to know exactly what my "size" would be measurement wise... take the guesswork out

May 22, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #349 of 567
Do you have giant ears?

JK! In all seriousness I wonder what fits me the best in regards to ear canal.... I am 6'6" and have a normal to smaller head (very small brain as well), and I seem to fit slightly below medium sized tips. I respect when companies give you a big selection of tips, but I think it would be neat to know exactly what my "size" would be measurement wise... take the guesswork out

Luckily after a fair bit of tip rolling, you'll get a sense for what works best for you. I think it's worth committing to about a month of it to be sure. I've been told I have dog-ears in terms of hearing small differences in sound that other musicians often miss. Maybe it's from my giant ear canals :wink:

May 22, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #350 of 567
I'll say that the experience seems to be pretty darn device dependent. Coming out of the Dragonfly Red and my Audeze Deckard they're lively and huge. The LG G6 (which normally does all right with IEMs) they're pretty bland.

May 22, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #351 of 567
Give them a try over ear with the stem up. I wear them that way a lot and they are quite comfortable and work better than you would think. Also play with the different tips as seal is very important and can change the signature more than expected.

May 24, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #355 of 567
Congrats! The Mojo really is the coolest piece of kit I played with when I went to my local hifi store and played with everything. It just makes EVERYTHING sound good.

It plays VERY nicely with the Quad. Better than the Dragonfly Red.

May 26, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #356 of 567
I just ordered my quads. They will be here tomorrow. I've read nothing but praise from from these and I can understand the praise coming from someone who also loved the triples. I will post my first impressions tomorrow or Sunday. Then a full review a few weeks from now.

May 31, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #357 of 567
Hi Guys,

Had these for a week or so now, been burning them in, but could not stop myself listening to them as well. WOW, really impressed, best IEM's I had prior were a pair of ultimate ears super fi 5's with dual drivers. These guys are really blowing me away. I've been listing to tracks with these and then switching to my PM-3's and again I just say WOW!! I got the comply foam tips at the same time and as with any ear bud and as per some of dicusions above the fit is so important, the silicon tips just don't quite work for me, especially if I'm mobile.

Anyway, great headphones, love the sound signature, really enjoying the mids and highs, there is great sparkle, but nothing over powering, just seems well proportioned to my ears. Bass is tight, can blow out a little, but only if I really push it up on the equaliser and then it's to levels I would not use normally, mainly noticed when comparing to the PM-3's which is probably a very unfair comparison.

I'm going to try them at the weekend with the Quest Style QP1R, which I'm now seriously considering getting.

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #358 of 567
Had a pair of these arrive today. Currently running them in for some initial impressions through a demo QP2R I've got in my possession - pretty happy with the sound so far.

Liking the slight tilt towards sub bass rather than mid bass I'm hearing on the lower end - very enjoyable tuning which seems slightly more refined than the triple but not a million miles away. Pretty good start!

Jun 7, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #359 of 567
Had a pair of these arrive today. Currently running them in for some initial impressions through a demo QP2R I've got in my possession - pretty happy with the sound so far.

Liking the slight tilt towards sub bass rather than mid bass I'm hearing on the lower end - very enjoyable tuning which seems slightly more refined than the triple but not a million miles away. Pretty good start!

Fiddle with the tips some until you get the right ones for you. It makes a big difference.

Jun 7, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #360 of 567
Fiddle with the tips some until you get the right ones for you. It makes a big difference.

I remember the sizes from the 1More Triple, so I shot straight for the largest silicon tip and it gives me just the right fit. Will play with the forms and smaller options in due course, but these are plenty bassy enough so unless the driver tightens up and loses some bass in due course (the famed "burn in", either in my head or the driver diaphragm), I'm pretty happy with the sling through the big silicons at the moment. I have huge ear canals, so most small tips ding give me a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back