「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #58,592 of 177,742
Quote:
Thanks.

Yeah, its funny how so many Chinese speak Japanese, and it was to undermine the Japanese. My parents make fun and speak some bad easy Japanese sometimes(like hello and goodbye). 
There should be one.
No. No optical toslink.

No.

Coaxil is very easy to implement and that is the one P-H supports. This will get you 96/24 operation if you want it.

Optical Toslink requires an S/PDIF converter.

Public Service Announcement: Do not have music playing as you turn on the power to the unit. The sound will either be and stay distorted or you will get USB read error. Foobar will give an error message or no audio will play. To fix this, unplug power AND USB plug. Re select the P-H USB playback device to default and all shall be fixed.

Both happened to me, I did it as a test. You will either get distorted audio or no playback if you have music playing while turning on the music. A simple power unplug and USB plug pull and re insert fixes it

Can I leave my P-H unit perpetually on? (pc is on 24/7)

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #58,596 of 177,742
Quote:
There shouldn't be a problem as the entire unit does not produce much heat.

But of course, this does not factor in freak accidents. 

Why leave it on, the shiny lights!!!

Heck, I leave my asgard on all the time and that runs hot enough that I don't like touching the volume knob. Pretty shure your PH unit'll be fine.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #58,597 of 177,742
Quote:
What? How far away is your PC?

Longer =more jitter and suceptibaility to EMI. These are the biggest problems for Coaxil.

Longer also equals a bit less power but its not a big enough difference to be noted for most cases. 

6 feet is too short for me to properly manage the cable to the side of the wall and make it unobtrusive. To be honest I only need 3 or so more feet, but the 12 foot one wasn't offered with prime. Bah I guess I'll cancel and wait for non two day shipping (ohgawd.) Doesn't seem like newegg stocks any coaxial cables :l.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #58,600 of 177,742
Quote:
There shouldn't be a problem as the entire unit does not produce much heat.

But of course, this does not factor in freak accidents. 

Why leave it on, the shiny lights!!!

I have ^ always on in my room for feng shui anyways. One or two more lights won't do much. Plus, I have a big chair in front of my bed that blocks the lights :). It really helps block out the extremely annoying/flashing ethernet unit I have.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #58,604 of 177,742
Quote:
Or maybe they do? 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882339101 

What about this one? Is 15 still too long?

It's as long as you want it to be.

Don't buy uber long cables if you won't use the entire length.

How far is the unit going to be from your computer?
Quote:

I have ^ always on in my room for feng shui anyways. One or two more lights won't do much. Plus, I have a big chair in front of my bed that blocks the lights :). It really helps block out the extremely annoying/flashing ethernet unit I have.

Meh, I guess you can.

Say do you have speakers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back