γ1 gamma1 Full++ (F) panel drilling template (in PDF format)?
Jan 1, 2012 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vYu223

500+ Head-Fier
On the amb website, only the Full configuration (A) has a panel drilling template in PDF format. I'm building the Full++ configuration (uses Box Enclosure B2-080), and from what I can see, my only resources are the .png images and the dimensions chart that provides all of the lengths and radii.

I live in the San Jose area, and I couldn't find any services that offer me pay-by-the-hour/day renting of a drill press. I've called Home Depot, atoolshed, and just Googled in general. No luck. I do not have space in my place of residence for a large drill press, so buying one would not be practical, especially given the fact that I don't build enough projects like this to justify the cost/storage space. Unless I can find someone who is willing to lend me his or her drill press, I will have to go free-hand with a cordless drill.

And by going with a cordless drill, I would find it very difficult to go by the dimensions chart... I would prefer a template, as imprecise it may be in comparison to using the dimensions chart. I printed out the .png image, but the resulting printed image was not the same size as the panels (not "actual size"). I'm not exactly sure how to print the image scaled to the correct size, and I would find it easier to just print a standard 8.5x11 inch pdf with scaling turned off.

May someone please help me print a panel drilling template that will end up being the correct size on paper? Thanks in advance.

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
You don't have permissions to create attachments.

rolleyes.gif

Send me an email and I will forward them to you.

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 4
I sent an email to the address listed at the bottom of this page: http://www.amb.org/audio/gamma1/

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 4

I'd suggest if you only want to use one for a short while, you may be able to find a workshop or fabricator that will let you take the drill press for a spin, not sure how it works in your parts but a carton of beer may be the fee. Really does help to have a mate with the right gear, next friend you make inquire as to if they have a kitted out workshop at home first.
wink.gif

I will also recommend you centre punch all the holes before drilling, the bit is extremely likely to wander at least a little bit from where you want, especially with a cordless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back