Head-Fi.org › TheOneInYellow's profile
|Forum Post Count:
||1 week, 3 days ago
|Interests (Hobbies, favorite activities, etc.):
||Music (Rock, Dance, Japanese); Films; The Pub; Books; Gaming; Archery
|What I do for a living:
||Current (Reverse chronological):
- Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (with optional Custom Headset Gear accessory).
- Heir Audio 4.Ai IEM's.
- AKG K 701 headphones.
Current (Reverse chronological, not in use):
- Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro IEM's (Comply TX-500 Foam Tips) and FiiO RC-UE1 recable.
- Etymotic Research ER-6i IEM's (Foam eartips).
Previous (Incomplete, headphones long since gone/broken/lost):
- Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro (Double Flanges/Foam
eartips). Lost left ear monitor. :(
- Sony MDR-EX90SLB.
- Philips SHE8500 (I think...).
- x3 Sony MDR-EX71SLB. First one was an original Japanese import sold by a UK Sony Centre, but I abused it heavily. Second pair was an European mass produced version with inferior cable sheathing that cracked with sweat and skin oil. Third pair was a replacement for the second pair, but had same poor quality cable sheathing problems.
|Headphone Amp Inventory
- CEntrance HIFI-M8 iDevice 4XL version with a 4-Pin XLR jack, TRS jack, and a combo 3.5mm/optical jack.
(Was going for the CMB dual combo 3-pin XLR/TRS connector jacks but had a [I]change of heart[/I]).
- JDS Labs C5 Red Slate with custom anodised artwork and name on casework.
My backup amp, and used in conjunction with my Turtle Beach EarForce 7.1 DSP Dolby Digital Headphone sound processor thingymagick to my Xbox 360.
- NuForce Icon Desktop Amplifier with DAC (not used) and headphone amplifier. Has original 23w PSU.
Current (Reverse chronological, unused):
- JDS Labs c421 AD8620 original pre-production model, original gain settings and original casework. One of the jacks was broken, which over a year later was sent back to be fixed (but no parts to change the gain settings were available, so gain settings remained the same) and new casework.
- JDS Labs cMoy BB v2.02 custom amp with many modifications by John Seaber using superior parts. Has internal toggle switch.
- JDS Labs cMoy BB v2.01 with external toggle switch for boost.
- 2007 6G iPod Classic 160GB (1st version, no revision).
(The 3rd version, 2nd revision is often confused as the 7G iPod Classic).
- PC's, all broke. I use my sisters Sony Netbook but primarily to transfer music to my iPod Classic.
- Toxic Cables 4-wire Silver Widow IEM cable terminated with a 4-Pin silver XLR Male connector (64" including the XLR connector). For use with my Heir Audio 4.Ai IEM's and other similar two-pin based IEM's.
- Toxic Cables 4-wire Silver Widow adapter cable terminated with a 4-Pin silver XLR Female connector and a Furutech 3.5 mm connector,
- Toxic Cables 4-wire OTG Micro-B to Type-B USB cable.
- Heir Audio Magnus cable.
|Other Audio Equipment
- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E soundcard.
- JohnBLue AudioArt JB3 nearfield speakers.
- Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speakers (gave to sister who still has these)
- TurtleBeach EarForce DSS 7.1 sound processor for use with my Xbox 360 S Halo 4 LE console (previously Xbox 360 Halo 3 LE console). I bypass the amp section (turn volume to full, or full unity gain) and output this to my JDS Labs C5 for amplification.
||Rock (all types generally):
Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Muse, The Who's, Beastie Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, The Pillows, Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana, Paradise Lost, Corrosion Of Conformity, (Some) Dream Theater, AC/DC, Alien Ant farm, Finger Eleven, Ash, Jimi Hendrix, Audioslave, Massive Attack, etc
Dance (most 'non-euro' crap):
Daft Punk (Listen to Alive: 2007 2CD album! Their three albums are actually loops and samples, since those tracks on those albums were created to be mixed, and Alive: 2007 is that!), Basement Jaxx, The Chemical Brothers, Ministry Of Sound (Chillout Sessions, Fifteen Years), Global Underground, (Some) Euphoria, Air, Leftfield, The Prodigy, Hed Kandi (Stero Sushi, Twisted Disco), Tokyo Project, Mike Oldfield, Unkle, Gatecrasher, Cream, Jamiroquai, etc.
Japanese (Various, mainly soundtracks from Anime, and Japanese Drama):
Of worthy note is a band (listed in the Rock section) is 'The Pillows'. Very good music, if you want to try something different. Most J-Rock bands are terrible, but The Pillows are very original.
For weird, but very cool dance/driving music, try the Super Eurobeat soundtracks. Mainly from the Anime 'Initial D', these dance tunes are very fast, hard, and bassy, but still have loads of detail in the mid and high ranges.
||Archery, reading books (Stephen Kings's 'The Dark Tower Series: I-VII, Jung Chang's 'Wild Swans' & 'Moa'), watching Anime (Japanimation), films (Various), the pub, etc.
TheOneInYellow's Recent Activity
NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Sponsor Announcements and Deals 6/2/14 at 2:11pm | 1213 replies | 42198 views
iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: SmartPower. Please feed the Meaty Monster. (page 124)
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Sponsor Announcements and Deals 4/16/14 at 3:35am | 1890 replies | 141230 views
iFi Audio Products (Various) Upcoming reviews
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers,... 4/12/14 at 12:26pm | 3 replies | 171 views
Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Portable Source Gear 1/10/14 at 1:20am | 1244 replies | 91033 views
The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Headphones (full-size) 1/9/14 at 1:29pm | 3354 replies | 268189 views
The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Portable Source Gear 10/23/13 at 10:48am | 5056 replies | 332042 views
What is the 7th Gen iPod Classic? (A post and topic to clarify if this DAP actually exists or not).
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Portable Source Gear 7/10/13 at 4:17am | 3 replies | 581 views
updated their location 7/10/13 at 4:13am
Focal Spirit One
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Headphones for Sale / Trade 4/19/12 at 5:58pm | 3 replies | 1351 views
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
TheOneInYellow posted in this thread in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear... 1/7/12 at 11:11am | 9235 replies | 1382522 views
1 albumsView All Photos
TheOneInYellow’s Embedded Photos
3 albumsView All Photos
Last Updated 1/3/12
Last Updated 12/29/11
Last Updated 12/29/11
Last Updated 12/29/11
Last Updated 12/29/11