Head-Fi.org › KashmaNiaC's profile
|Forum Post Count:
||2 weeks ago
||I'm the one who's usually tapping his foot and looking like he's having the time of his life amoung all those other commuters who wish they were anywhere but stuck on a train (thanks to my portable audio, of course).
|Interests (Hobbies, favorite activities, etc.):
||Music - constant listening, occasional singing and rare bouts of dusting off my old steel-string acoustic and almost-in-tune vocals, fast-paced sports, sleep, cooking, late-night cafe meet-ups with friends.
|What I do for a living:
||Web programmer / IT Student and all-round technophile.
||Westone 3 IEMs
Beyerdynamic DT-880 (600 Ohm)
Denon D2000 (on it's way!)
|Headphone Amp Inventory
||NuForce Icon Mobile
||Musiland Monitor 02 US (recently relegated to pure transport due to the following):
Cambridge Audio DacMagic
Low-power AMD Athlon X2 HTPC w/ Windows Server 2008 R2 & Foobar2000 (397 CDs in FLAC)
Cowon J3 32GB + 32GB MicroSD (80% full)
LG Optimus 7 (100% full)
||Blue Jeans cable all-round
|Other Audio Equipment
||Lots, here's a brief history of my audio experiences:
- Sony Fontopia ($20) earphones: if I was lucky - the damned things kept breaking, and $20 is a lot for a teenager!
- Sony (plastic) micro Hi-Fi system: which I cherished, even though I only had 4-5 CDs, two of them Michael Jackson's.
2004-2005: Creative 2.1 computer speakers: "Wow, when I turn it up I can feel the bass!"
2005-2006: Sony In-ear earphones: "These do bass even better than my Creative speakers!"
- Sennheiser CX-300II (Called CX-500 at the time): "Ah, I knew CDs could sound better than MP3s, time to go lossless!"
- Bose Companion 5 computer speakers: (Initially) "That's some mighty bass! And the treble's so sweet!" ... (over time) "Was that a kick drum or a double bass that I just heard?/Wait- that's not what a cello sounds like!"
- (Replacing the Bose) JBL entry-level floor-standers (2 & 1/2 way) w/ cheap Sony amp (clamed 400w): "this thing rocks!"
- Bower & Wilkins 300-series Floor standers & subwoofer + Haman/Kardon integrated 7.1ch Amp: "I finally understand what the word 'soundstage' means."
- Ultimate Ears Super-Fi 3 (v2) + iPhone 3G: "Finally, some peace and quiet at work (also, this sounds amazing!)"
- UE Super-Fi 3 + Microsoft Zune 120: "This sounds so much better than 96kbps MP4s on an iPhone."
- Westone 3 + Microsoft Zune 120 + NuForce Icon Mobile: "This goes toe-to-toe with my speaker setup!"
||Mozart, Dylan, The Boss, Miles, Ol' Blue-Eyes and peers/derivatives thereof... (I don't mean that pejoratively, but they're all shining stars in their genre (IMO), and thus typically inspire other artists whom I also appreciate).
KashmaNiaC's Recent Activity
Microsoft Surface RT
KashmaNiaC posted in this thread in Portable Source Gear 11/11/12 at 6:39pm | 16 replies | 5301 views
updated their location 7/15/11 at 5:49am
What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please read them.
KashmaNiaC posted in this thread in Music 7/15/11 at 5:05am | 56602 replies | 1732291 views
2 albumsView All Photos