Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Should I get a 1.5m or a 2.5m Zu Mobius?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I get a 1.5m or a 2.5m Zu Mobius?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
I'm interested in a buying a Zu Mobius for my Sennheiser 650's. 1.5m would work for me just fine most of the time. 2.5m would be slightly more expensive, possibly degrade the sound slightly (is this true?) but would allow me to listen to headphones on the couch, when I play keyboard, etc. and if I ever use my headphones on other systems the extra length may come in handy. But really 98% of the time 1.5m would be perfect. What should I do?
post #2 of 20
get the 2.5m mobius, if you don't need it later on you can always sell it or return it without losing much.
post #3 of 20
2.5m gets my vote as well, just in case your listening habits change at any point and the 98% estimation no longer applies. This happened to me when I shifted most of my headphone equipment out of my office and into a dedicated listening room. The added length will have absolutely no audible impact on sound, IMO.
post #4 of 20
Another vote for 2.5m. That extra meter will make it much more versatile, IMO. Also, it'll probably be easier to sell (if you ever decide to do so) than 1.5m one.
post #5 of 20
Asterix, my 2.5m Mobius arrives today, and my source/amp are ~30" from my head. I'll post up here how managing the extra length works for me. Should be no problem, but we'll see...
post #6 of 20
Get the length that will cover your needs 100% of the time (2.5 meters)

One meter will make no detectable difference. 1.5 meters is too limiting anyway IMO, you should almost always get at least 2 meters for headhones except for portables that you walk around with.
post #7 of 20
Thread Starter 
I think I might just buy a 2.0 meter as a compromise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundbuff
Get the length that will cover your needs 100% of the time (2.5 meters)

One meter will make no detectable difference. 1.5 meters is too limiting anyway IMO, you should almost always get at least 2 meters for headhones except for portables that you walk around with.
post #8 of 20
I recommend the 2.5 meter Zu Mobius for a different reason:
Zu_promos has a dutch auction for the 2.5 meter version on eBay...
They sell the above length for $205 ($215 w/shipping) as retail.

$215 for the 2.5 meter... WITH SHIPPING!?! I say go for it!

BANGPOD
post #9 of 20
Thread Starter 
I thought this ended a few days ago. Can you post a link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANGPOD
I recommend the 2.5 meter Zu Mobius for a different reason:
Zu_promos has a dutch auction for the 2.5 meter version on eBay...
They sell the above length for $205 ($215 w/shipping) as retail.

$215 for the 2.5 meter... WITH SHIPPING!?! I say go for it!

BANGPOD
post #10 of 20
2.5M here as well. Better a bit too long than not long enough. 2.5M is very managable.
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix
I thought this ended a few days ago. Can you post a link?
Asterix --

It may have ended a few days ago. But, they restart it with due time.
I missed the auction one time and, sure enough, it was up later in the week.
Maybe they are done with it, but chances are that you will see it again.

BANGPOD
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix
I thought this ended a few days ago. Can you post a link?
Get the 2.0m, it is just right for most applications. If you have a speaker system and can't be close to the headphone amp, of course the 2.5 is better.

BTW, Zu Promos periodically start auctions for the Zu Mobius. Just check ebay once in a while. I got mine for $200 from Ebay. Once you win, tell Zu (I called them) you want 2.0m instead. They don't mind changing the 2.5m to 2.0m. Zu auctions the 2.5m because that is the standard length sent out to their foreign dealers (they make lots of them).
post #13 of 20
When I checked the Zu Mobius promo on Ebay earlier today it had ended. It reappears from time to time.

The standard length that apears on the promo is 2.5 meters, but you can request alternative lengths. Every additional 0.5 meter is $15 extra.

The promo price for 2.5 meters is $205, so the price for 3.0 meters is $220. BTW, you can request a full 10 feet for the same price as 3.0 meters.

Add another $10 for shipping. Total promo price for 3.0 meters is $230.

Regular price is $270 so you save $40 at that length.
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix
I think I might just buy a 2.0 meter as a compromise...
Go for it. I find that ~6ft (1.8m) is optimum for headphone cables. It's a length that does not need much coiling up when you're sitting beside the amp and it's long enough for most purposes. Longer cords start to be a burden, both in coiling up neatly and also in weight.
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamslacker
Go for it. I find that ~6ft (1.8m) is optimum for headphone cables. It's a length that does not need much coiling up when you're sitting beside the amp and it's long enough for most purposes. Longer cords start to be a burden, both in coiling up neatly and also in weight.
Thanks for the suggestion. I finally changed my mind and decided on the 2.5meter. It is true that when I sit on my couch instead of my chair to listen to music the extra .5 meters will make a difference. Less cord is neater, yes, but this is not my primary concern, actually sound quality is my first concern, and I thought maybe a shorter cable might sound better. Considering that the difference probably won't be noticable, however, and just in case I ever change my listening setup, the 2.5m seemed like the all-around logical choice. And, I got a discount on the cable. I paid $205 for the 2.5m (the 2.0m would have cost the same.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Should I get a 1.5m or a 2.5m Zu Mobius?