Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What song drops the deepest bass?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What song drops the deepest bass? - Page 2

post #16 of 174
The beginning of White Zombie's "El Phantasmo and the Chicken-Run Blast-O-Rama" has some damn good bass, but my vote's for Soundgarden's "Jesus Christ Pose". Great drumming and a prominent but low bass line.
post #17 of 174
I'm sure there's something with lower bass, but "Wild, Sweet, & Cool" by The Crystal Method has a literal bass "roll" that goes by twice in the first 30 seconds, and the best speakers I've been fortunate to hear this song on (my roommate's Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1) can't hit it, so I don't even know how low it is!

What I wouldn't give to hear Wild, Sweet, & Cool on REAL high-end speakers so I can hear this bass roll...

On a related note, who doesn't love the low-bass modulation on TCM's "Murder"? Gotta love how it "modulates" back and forth under all the other layers piled on the track...
post #18 of 174
I recommend the following.

Song Name: Passage
Artist: DJ Krush
Album: Jaku
Genre: Electronica
post #19 of 174
There are tones that are so deep that they make you crap your shorts, and no as funny as it sounds I am not joking.
post #20 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR...
There are tones that are so deep that they make you crap your shorts, and no as funny as it sounds I am not joking.
Thats funny! - The Prodigy - Charly(Trip into drum and bass version)-shakes the room in a good way
post #21 of 174
My current reference for deep & tight bass is "Onemosphere", the first track off of God Loves Ugly by Atmosphere. Need to go back and listen to the Massive Attack album, see if that gets any deeper.
post #22 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwilkin
My current reference for deep & tight bass is "Onemosphere", the first track off of God Loves Ugly by Atmosphere. Need to go back and listen to the Massive Attack album, see if that gets any deeper.
Listen to karmacoma off the Protection album...
post #23 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR...
There are tones that are so deep that they make you crap your shorts, and no as funny as it sounds I am not joking.
Yep, they call it the "brown noise"
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...344/epid-2464/
post #24 of 174
I'm not sure which track in my collection has the absolute deepest bass. Numb's "Sh*thammer" (insert the missing letter) is usually my reference. Most of the bassline on this track is roughly between 20Hz and 80Hz, with a large portion being in the low bass. Most mass-market consumer stereo systems can't even reproduce the bassline on this track unless they have a separate sub, and unless that sub has decent control (not any cheapie system will) it still won't sound right. The bass boost feature on those systems doesn't help this track at all since it boosts the midbass, not low bass. It's a good test for headphone systems since it requires good control in the bass region for it to sound right. And I think it's a cool song, too.
post #25 of 174
I would argue that deepest bass is fairly subjective, as each system will has it sweet frequencies on the low end. I hear things on my HD280's that i can't hear on my polk RTi100's, and on those speakers, i've quite literally broken 2 glass shelves b/c things rattle around on them until they shake free of the wall.

That 'Mirwais' song or whatever from Snatch rocks on a smaller sub something feirce, Massive Attack - Angel i think puts out a very nice sound to compare low end with between systems. "The Saint" by Orbital sounds ****ing awesome on a system with 12"s on it. "What is Fight Club" killed the 6x9's in my car... and this song will show you about anything you might want out of low end http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ajkuback/bass.mp3
post #26 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr
I'm sure there's something with lower bass, but "Wild, Sweet, & Cool" by The Crystal Method has a literal bass "roll" that goes by twice in the first 30 seconds, and the best speakers I've been fortunate to hear this song on (my roommate's Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1) can't hit it, so I don't even know how low it is!

What I wouldn't give to hear Wild, Sweet, & Cool on REAL high-end speakers so I can hear this bass roll...

On a related note, who doesn't love the low-bass modulation on TCM's "Murder"? Gotta love how it "modulates" back and forth under all the other layers piled on the track...
it comes out well on my hd280's, and is more pressure than sound coming out of my subs, lol.
post #27 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR...
There are tones that are so deep that they make you crap your shorts, and no as funny as it sounds I am not joking.

LOL!
post #28 of 174
Thread Starter 
CRAP


Just got the 1812 Overture on Telarc and FF to the cannons - jacked up the wharfedales and hmm i didnt hear anything interesting. (ok, i guess i need a sub.)

but then i put the beyers on and they did something i never felt before. yeah, not heard - FELT. the cannon blasts weren't "bassy" as in the souless dance music midbass i think of when i think of bass - they were so damn low that when the cannons went off the Darth Beyers FREAKING FELL OFF MY HEAD. That's right, they are bass shakers - the cans JUMPED. what the hell? my grados dont do that. what the heck. i cued it up again and held on to my cans - big leap on my right, then left, then both...not a rattle - a physical lift off from my head!

i wonder when my ears will start bleeding.
post #29 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahn
i wonder when my ears will start bleeding.
That recording shouldn't be listened to with headphones due to the extremely big difference in sound level between the cannons and the rest of the music (i.e. you crank it up to hear the rest of the music and then when the cannons come on you blast your ears out). Also, the DT770s physically moving due to extremely loud bass probably isn't good for them.

On the original topic of the thread, the ending titles to Tron have an organ that goes VERY low. The CD version of the soundtrack is hard to find (it must've been a limited run because Amazon.com no longer has new copies and the only other web site that had it when I ordered (Disney.com) no longer lists it), however the DVD edition of the movie should be available at most video stores (try to get the Special Edition if you can because it's sound is remastered from the original analog tapes, in a good way).
post #30 of 174
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
That recording shouldn't be listened to with headphones due to the extremely big difference in sound level between the cannons and the rest of the music (i.e. you crank it up to hear the rest of the music and then when the cannons come on you blast your ears out). Also, the DT770s physically moving due to extremely loud bass probably isn't good for them.

On the original topic of the thread, the ending titles to Tron have an organ that goes VERY low. The CD version of the soundtrack is hard to find (it must've been a limited run because Amazon.com no longer has new copies and the only other web site that had it when I ordered (Disney.com) no longer lists it), however the DVD edition of the movie should be available at most video stores (try to get the Special Edition if you can because it's sound is remastered from the original analog tapes, in a good way).
no joke, i dont think i'll do that again, that rattle me so hard i cant even hear what you're typing.

anyhow, my bass enjoyment lives a lil higher. my wharfdales agree - i feel a nice lil physical thumpiness with the Propellerheads- that's as deep as they'll go, and as deep as i probably ever want to go again lol. (rips 1812 on my computer for itunes storage just in case tho)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › What song drops the deepest bass?